July Bulletin - All current

It will retrogress for india and china in sept.2007

E. EMPLOYMENT-BASED VISA AVAILABILITY DURING THE COMING MONTHS

All Employment Preference categories except for Third “Other Workers” have been made “Current” for July. This has been done in an effort to generate increased demand by Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) for adjustment of status cases, and to maximize number use under the annual numerical limit. However, all readers should be alert to the possibility that not all Employment preferences will remain Current for the remainder of the fiscal year. Should the rate of demand for numbers be very heavy in the coming months, it could become necessary to retrogress some cut-off dates for September, most likely for China-mainland born and India, but also possibly for Mexico and Philippines. Severe cut-off date retrogressions are likely to occur early in FY-2008.

Read the fine print ...IT WILL RETROGRESS AGAIN !!

E. EMPLOYMENT-BASED VISA AVAILABILITY DURING THE COMING MONTHS

All Employment Preference categories except for Third “Other Workers” have been made “Current” for July. This has been done in an effort to generate increased demand by Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) for adjustment of status cases, and to maximize number use under the annual numerical limit. However, all readers should be alert to the possibility that not all Employment preferences will remain Current for the remainder of the fiscal year. Should the rate of demand for numbers be very heavy in the coming months, it could become necessary to retrogress some cut-off dates for September, most likely for China-mainland born and India, but also possibly for Mexico and Philippines. Severe cut-off date retrogressions are likely to occur early in FY-2008.

WTF is CIS thinking? They will make lot of people wait for 6 to 7 years and make evrybody current one fine day including the new ones. If they wanted to do this they could have done this earlier and made everybody happy. Why did they play games to lot of us? They don't care about the mental pressures everybody (atleast some) faced during this period.

This is unfortunate & unecessary slavery for many of us for no reason between 2005 and now. I am not happy to see this happen this fast. See you all at GC queue for next 10 years.

(Note: I am not jealous of people who are current due to this. I am just asking CIS why the hell they did Retrogression 2 years back and put lot of people under pressure when they are going to make everybody current. They could have left concurrent 140 & 485 filing like before. They acted as if they are working on priority basis when lot of my friends are waiting for 485 approval & GC.)

maximize number use under the annual numerical limit

If they truly want to maximize the numeric limit, there were many many EB3 pending cases with old PD and RD. They would want approve the cases that applied with PD 2007 and RD 2007 to reach the numeric limit.

I completely agree with you madboy. It was unnecessary mental pressure, slavery and retarded career growth because of this b...shit. Anyway, not many people will take us seriously now I guess.

that's a great video and song.
I seriously think we need some entertainment around here.
Thanks man.

relief now mess later

Are these USCIS people complete morons.

For the first 8 months, not even a month movement...., saying that the labor backlog is so much etc

Now, everything is current.

All this is saying, is they cannot do simple math to figure out how many apps where filed from which national origin at what date, and to maintain a priority Queue.

Now suddenly after all 8 months, we did not give out enough visas, now to fill the remaining 40-60K visas, we will throw away all priority dates, and will give to whoever has their I-485 approvable, irrespective, of category/ country.

This ALL current move, is really really BAD news for people from India/ china.

What this allows is all 200 K people in EB3 ROW that had applied in PERM after 2005 to immediately file for I-485, and ALL of them will have priority over folks that are in Eb2/EB3 in 2003/2004.

Now it is anyone can take anything -- it will be interesting to see how many goes to EB3 ROW / EB2 IN / EB2 CH / EB3 IN / EB3 CH before sep 2007.

and all the other unfortunante ones , will have to fall back on to 2800 per cat per country.., and will be stuck there for ever. I would guess atleast 5 - 7 years, atleast some meaningful reform takes place.

If infact EB3 ROW was not made current now.., there was a fair enough chance in the FIFO Q, for people in EB2/EB3 Q in 2003/04 to expect something next yr. Now all is gone.

Please beware that there are 580K applications pending in I-485 according to the ombudsman report Y'day. How and why in the world they made everything current.

what takes priority the preference category (or) country ?

EB3 ROW or EB2 IN / CH ?

Ead

Hi All,

My employer after too much of talks is ready to file. But in all the applications he wants to put his address so that he receives the EAD card and AP..He is not ready to put my address. Can he keep my EAD card ?

Gurus please advise...

Thanks!

Are you complaining or what? ;-)
Anyway, pending I-485 sounds much better than H1-b status, right? :D

yap, pending I-485 is better than H1B but you need to pay for renewing the EAD every year. That means spend more $$$. I think that's immigration purpose making more $$$ from people.

What happens in case of retrogression after I-485 filing for CP cases ?

This is good news indeed. I had a related question and perhaps the experts here might be able to provide an answer: what happens in case I file for I-485 Consular Processing (that is what we chose at the time of I-140 filing) now and then retrogression happens in say Sept/Oct ? Do we still wait for dates to be current for the call from consulate or does the process keep going once I485 has been lodged ? Thank you.

I might be crazy but it looks like USCIS adapte to a new strategy to manage the immigration flow by opens up the trap door and stuff in as much as I485 cases in the next few months. The flowing I485 cases will be exhausted in one day and they can effectively count and manage how many case are in the pipeline to better manage their man power and work load.

Also, the new PERM Labor process that starting 2 years ago must have a better control and information flow and it gives both agency (DOL and USCIS) a good stand point on counting the future work load. Plus there is a stop on the Labor sub. So, for whatever it is in the trap door, it is a solid figures for them to work on. No more wild guessing like before....

I think this is SMART. It may not benefit to all of us but it will defintely benefit the future US comers plus it clears the path for the up and coming immigrations reform.

July Bulletin is Indeed Good News!!

I agree with Belacut.

Finally I am open to credit the USCIS for making significant changes since 2005 starting with:

1. Removal of State wise priority dates for LC. (Very stupid policy)

2. Introduction of PERM with a national PD for LC.

3. Removal of Labor substitution (most stupidest policy)

So, as Belacut stated, USCIS to avoid future law suits from EB immigrants, have made the July bulletin current so that they will be able to report accurately to the Congress who is waiting and for how long. Based on which the Congress should be able to legislate new laws affecting both the legal and illegal immigrants.

Just for the record, I am EB2 and current with June bulletin itself and I am not as much concerned about future retrogression because I will have my EAD by then and I am quite positive about removal of country wise limits in a couple of years.