July Bulletin - All current

Medicals for filing 485

My wife is Pregnent. Is there any issue in her completing the Medicals required for filing 485? If there is a issue then can she file without Medicals.

Thanks

Need Experts Help! How long will it take to get EAD and AP?

Hi,

I am so glad that it is all current. I am hoping to apply 485 immediately in July.. How long does it take to get EAD and AP? I am scared since it may retrogress in Aug.. will it impact me getting EAD?

my I140 is approved already..

Thanks for your help in advance!

I think people need to realize that an EAD is good enough and wait for GC when they get it. Atleast now we can stop listening to the bull shit on immigration reform and the politicians for a while. The reforms will take out all body shoppers away from the equation. The USCIS will raise enough cash to improve their infrastructure and hopefully they will use it right....We are heading in the right direction....

I agree with Belacut.

Finally I am open to credit the USCIS for making significant changes since 2005 starting with:

1. Removal of State wise priority dates for LC. (Very stupid policy)

2. Introduction of PERM with a national PD for LC.

3. Removal of Labor substitution (most stupidest policy)

So, as Belacut stated, USCIS to avoid future law suits from EB immigrants, have made the July bulletin current so that they will be able to report accurately to the Congress who is waiting and for how long. Based on which the Congress should be able to legislate new laws affecting both the legal and illegal immigrants.

Just for the record, I am EB2 and current with June bulletin itself and I am not as much concerned about future retrogression because I will have my EAD by then and I am quite positive about removal of country wise limits in a couple of years.

My wife is Pregnent. Is there any issue in her completing the Medicals required for filing 485? If there is a issue then can she file without Medicals.

Thanks

Make sure you have the vaccination record history. Otherwise, the recommend shots are not good for your wife. Also, no chest x-ray if her TB test comes in positive.

Hi All,

My employer after too much of talks is ready to file. But in all the applications he wants to put his address so that he receives the EAD card and AP..He is not ready to put my address. Can he keep my EAD card ?

Gurus please advise...

Thanks!
The I-485, EAD, and AP belong to the employee, not the company. Apply for the EAD and AP on your own, once you get the 485 receipt.

If you can't get immunization records, there are some blood tests that can be done to test for immunity (may be more expensive though). Ask the doctor about that.

You can file the 485 without the medicals, but then USCIS will RFE for the medicals, and if you don't respond within the RFE deadline her 485 could be denied. So it is a big risk to leave out the medicals unless prepared to send them in shortly afterwards.

Great News indeed. Wishes to everyone.

Very good news!

Once again USCIS has proved that our preditions are completly wrong!

perm_lc,
You are right. Infact it is foolish to predict on something which has no base, no connections, but has full of nothing.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh please just let me get my GC and get on with my career. Its been stale waiting for this to happen.

Thanks
When you go to doctor ask about MMR titer test and by doing that they can find if your wife got that vaccine in the past (may be when she was a kid). If her body have those agents then no need to have the vaccine.

If not, doctor can write that it is not recommended to give for pregnent women. Whether you get a RFE or not is pure luck

I think people need to realize that an EAD is good enough and wait for GC when they get it. Atleast now we can stop listening to the bull shit on immigration reform and the politicians for a while. The reforms will take out all body shoppers away from the equation. The USCIS will raise enough cash to improve their infrastructure and hopefully they will use it right....We are heading in the right direction....

Agreed as far as future immigration strategy is concerned. But it also brings serious flaws an issues.. THis seems to be done by USCIS w.r.t Ombudsman report mentioning 40000 visa lost last year. Seeing its impact USCIS seems to be in haste in doing this. They would not be able to increase the staff fortnightly to tackle the huge work load as all name check stuck will see their turn now, BEC stuck souls, PERM based souls and future (Within coming 2 months lot of PERM filing will be done as well seeing "Current" status.. All in all I can imagine 800000 people standing in 485 queue. Same goes for EAD and AP. Current 2 month approval time for EAD could prolong to 7 to 8 months if USCIS will not increase the staff fortnightly... So for US , I do not think it is that great news. The only immediate benefit, ofcourse that is also a great one, I could see is approved EAD assuming it may not get stuck with delays as I mentioned earlier. Once again USCIS proved that no man with logical skills can deal with it.

Help with concurrent petition

I have an approved I-140/pending I485 under EB1 (PD: Nov'06) category and another approved I-140/NO I485 (due to retrogression) under EB2 (PD: Sep'05) category. Now since EB2 has also become current, I am planning to file my I485 under EB2 too. Can I link my medical exam etc details from EB1 filing to EB2 filing or do I need to repeat and re-spend?

This "all current" move is good for those who were waiting to file 485 and EAD, but bad for those whose cases are already pending. Now they will go back to processing in random order, like what was happening in 2003-2005.

Its really unbelievable that all EB3, EB2 ( ROW and all other countries) are all Current. I am glad I will be able to file for I-485 on July1, so that atleast I can get my EAD and AP. As someone else said earlier on the thread, all I can see is 1 million folks standing in line for Adjustment of Status. And honestly, after two months, I see a lot of retrogression back again in (India/China maybe). Not sure how ROW is going to fair when retrogression hits again in three months. Just my guess. Congratulations to everyone who were waiting anxiously to file for years for I-485 !!

Quick question to experts here!!!

I have an approved 140 and labor from a previous employer.I jumped jobs thinking that my date (EB2 Aug 2005) would become current only in 2009.Now USCIS does the unexpected, though it is very good.

Can i still file 485 using my 140 from previous employer.I understand green card is an intend to hire.What are my options? I'm in very good terms with my previous employer and helped them even after i left them.They would agree for any reasonable requests from me.

Agreed as far as future immigration strategy is concerned. But it also brings serious flaws an issues.. THis seems to be done by USCIS w.r.t Ombudsman report mentioning 40000 visa lost last year.
The 40,000 loss was referring to this year, as the Ombudsman said that many will be lost if they don't move the dates sufficiently and speed up the processing. Last year "only" about 11,000 were lost.

In October 2005 they went overboard with moving the dates backwards, but now they went overboard in the other direction.

Makes sense ..

Congratulations to everyone waiting on this forum because all of you will be current in about 3 weeks. Atleast people can file their 485s and get APs and EADs. It is great news for H4 spouses for sure. There is a lot of good in this bulletin although it may all be short lived.

The FAKE retrogression introduced over the past two years was a smoke screen to implement new policies such as bi-speclization, ban labor sub, increase fees and reduce work load. Now that they have done all this they are opening up the flood gates again.

I think this extreme measure will cost in the future because they have yet again implemented something without fully understanding the full implications. The problem is that these morons have no stats on how many cases are pending or the nationality of the applicants. They play the guessing game and mess with our lives. It is truly sad. There really is no hope for this damn immigration system. I suffered through 7 years of this mess and finally got approved last week. Now they make everything current and just prove to me that they just messed with my life for another 2.5 years because they COULD. This is the sad part. It is all a game to these jokers.

Hopefully everyone from 2001-2003 will get approved prior to Oct 07 when they will probably introduce retro again.

As for that moron UN. I hope everyone now realizes that NO ONE really knows the ins and out of this system. Anyone claiming such things is just trying to take advantage of the situation in some way.

later,

saras

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations!

Congratulations to all of you with current visa numbers! I truly wish all of you a quick and safe journey ahead.

Following your comments here, I am wondering myself if USCIS claims that they have changed all areas to Current because they did not have enough applications pending, then how come the current wait time is 6, 8 months and even more? If they truly did not have enough applications, they should have been approving the already pending ones in a blink, but they were not. So this leads me to believe that the real reason for changing all to current is not this. One thought here is that all new I-485 applications will be generating EADs and APs with the new fees, and the more people file the more EAD and AP fees they will gather. And then the longer they keep them in the system, the longer they will be getting additional money for additional EADs and APs.

What do you guys think?

Very possible ..

Congratulations to all of you with current visa numbers! I truly wish all of you a quick and safe journey ahead.

Following your comments here, I am wondering myself if USCIS claims that they have changed all areas to Current because they did not have enough applications pending, then how come the current wait time is 6, 8 months and even more? If they truly did not have enough applications, they should have been approving the already pending ones in a blink, but they were not. So this leads me to believe that the real reason for changing all to current is not this. One thought here is that all new I-485 applications will be generating EADs and APs with the new fees, and the more people file the more EAD and AP fees they will gather. And then the longer they keep them in the system, the longer they will be getting additional money for additional EADs and APs.

What do you guys think?

Yes indeed. Isn't it interesting that everything becomes current IMMEDIATELY AFTER the fees are hiked for everything. These morons are so obvious ... anyway, this is still a good thing for everyone.

Anything is better than the past two years.

later,

saras