July & August Tracker!!!!!!With no reciept yet

Look out for it in the mail tomorrow.

I was looking at people's timelines and realize most of them got their EAD the same day or a day after their "Approval Letter sent" update....but no EAD for me yet :eek:, hopefully I'll get it tomorrow or even saturday, who knows, at least i know it's on the way.... :p

Look out for it in the mail tomorrow.

If I apply for my SS now through my EAD, will it make sense cosidering the fact that my interview will be in 6 weeks? :rolleyes: I assume that I will have conditions on this SS or for that matter I am not even sure if it will be the same no. from when you get the GC and you apply. Trini, could you please share some light to this?:confused:

I think it's better for you to get the process started now or possibly get it before your interview because you may need it for some types of jobs you may apply. It is going to be same number as I was told by the SSN office. I got the restricted one couples of days after my interview and had to use it for a job I applied to few days later. It takes up to 4weeks for them to generate the number even though I got mine in two weeks but you never know what's gonna happen. When you get your GC approval, you may or may not be given the I551 stamp with which you can apply for your SSN meaning that you will have to wait until you get your card.

I think it's better for you to get the process started now or possibly get it before your interview because you may need it for some types of jobs you may apply. It is going to be same number as I was told by the SSN office. I got the restricted one couples of days after my interview and had to use it for a job I applied to few days later. It takes up to 4weeks for them to generate the number even though I got mine in two weeks but you never know what's gonna happen. When you get your GC approval, you may or may not be given the I551 stamp with which you can apply for your SSN meaning that you will have to wait until you get your card.

Danshikie, forgive me if this is a silly question, but does the ss card have restrictions on it that have to be later removed when you get I551? so the card i've applied for using EAD will have a restriction on it, and i have to apply for removal of the restriction when I obtain CPR? :confused:

thanks

Yes, it will have a restriction or condition which says "Authorized to work only with DHS approvall" printed across the face of the SSN card just above the number. Now when you get your GC or the I551 stamp you can go to have the condition removed from your SSN card. They will issue you another card of the same number but without that condition.

Yes, it will have a restriction or condition which says "Authorized to work only with DHS approvall" printed across the face of the SSN card just above the number. Now when you get your GC or the I551 stamp you can go to have the condition removed from your SSN card. They will issue you another card of the same number but without that condition.

I didn't realise there was a part ii with the SS card. Thanks for the info :)

Thank you. I will be sticking around in my free times to see if there are some questions I could help someone with in appreciation of the assistance I got when I was going through my own process. I see your interview is coming up in January; it may seem too far away but the day will just come all of a sudden so you should begin getting all your documents ready. My wife was laughing at me cos I started like 5 weeks before our interview to get the documents together. I am one of those people that like to be thorough. I told her that I just wanted to make sure we had only one interview. So begin early to get prepared.

Thank you. I will be sticking around in my free times to see if there are some questions I could help someone with in appreciation of the assistance I got when I was going through my own process. I see your interview is coming up in January; it may seem too far away but the day will just come all of a sudden so you should begin getting all your documents ready. My wife was laughing at me cos I started like 5 weeks before our interview to get the documents together. I am one of those people that like to be thorough. I told her that I just wanted to make sure we had only one interview. So begin early to get prepared.

lol...I am so happy for You...I wish my case was over yet...I cant"t wait to post message like yours...:)good luck....:)

If I apply for my SS now through my EAD, will it make sense cosidering the fact that my interview will be in 6 weeks? :rolleyes: I assume that I will have conditions on this SS or for that matter I am not even sure if it will be the same no. from when you get the GC and you apply. Trini, could you please share some light to this?:confused:

I would still apply now at least you will have a number, then worry about getting restrictions taken off. SS could have you waiting for weeks to get things verified. So do it now.

lol...I am so happy for You...I wish my case was over yet...I cant"t wait to post message like yours...:)good luck....:)

Nikaa,

We are on the same situation because I am not getting my IL yet. I am wondering did you get your SS# and DL yet?

Approval Notice Sent (I485)...

I just got the update that an approval notice has been sent to me today for my I-485. Surprisingly, I got an email on this update from CRIS for the first time. However, the status of my I-130 still says received and pending.

Just wanna say good luck to all of you going for interviews this month. We shall be waiting to read the good news about your individual experiences.

How did the interview go ---

My husband (USC) and I (H1B) got to Garden City at around 12:15, went through security. We were led to a open room with people waiting. Told to get to Window #1. The man asked for my appointment letter and wait in the back. Our wait here was about 20-30 minutes. All the AOS people were sitting around the same area, some with attorneys prepping them with questions IO may ask.

We were called along with a dozen other couples to upstairs where we waited in a smaller waiting room. Surprisingly, we were called out for an interview within 20 minutes or so.

Followed a male IO to his office and swore in. He proceeds to ask whether we both speak English and as soon as we said YES, he spoke much faster and asked for Birth Certificates and Marriage Certificate and its photocopies. Also, asked for all passports (past/present) for myself and my husband. He took the I-94 off my current passport.

Then, he proceeded to ask my husband where he was born and what he does for living. He asked me what I do for living too and then asked for letters from employers as well as the last pay stub.

Then he asked us how we met for a minute. We both answered it adding onto what the other has said. He didn't seem to mind.

Then, he asked for a picture of two of us together -- we just came back from a little gateaway to Philly so we gave a pic of that -- he stapled it onto the stack of documents.

And then proceeded to tell us that he has to "check out few things, but please wait downstairs. If nothing comes up (I am assuming the name check), you will get your passport with a stamp. And that is temporary, for you should receive a card in the mail in few weeks...."(and went onto describing the changing of conditional to permanent green card process).

We went downstairs, waited 20 minutes and I got my passport with stamp and a piece of paper that says I was granted conditional permanent residency as of December 2 :D

Last edited by a moderator: