July & August Tracker!!!!!!With no reciept yet

Hello all!

For those of us, late July fillers, there is a new thread. (I think as someone mentioned earlier, there is vast difference in processing speed between early and late July fillers)

Mgarica2, I see that you have LUD, by any chance did they transfer your case to another office, as they did mine?

Finger Printing for my mother was completed 8/30. Her I-131 Travel document got approved, the status says approval notice sent. That is very fast. I thought it takes 90 days.
But I don't see any update on the 485 since it has been a a week now since finger printing is done.

Don't forget to list the date when the EAD was approved so I can update that also

still waiting for I-485

hi guys,
i applied I-130 and I-485 together at Vermont and Chicago, I - 130 got receipt date of July 21,2007 but I-485application came back stating that they need proof that I-130 was filed. So on August 04,2007 i had mailed back the same returned application of I-485 with a check of $1010 and also an additional check of $340. Two checks in case if they need for I-765 and if not hope they return the check only not the whole application keeping $1010 check. today its 09/07/07 still havent heard or received any letter from USCIS neither the check/s has been cashed. Does any one have an idea or can help what will be happening.?

Thanks guys

Rinken

I-485, asked for I-130, returned application no reply

hi guys,
i applied I-130 and I-485 together at Vermont and Chicago, I - 130 got receipt date of July 21,2007 but I-485application came back stating that they need proof that I-130 was filed. So on August 04,2007 i had mailed back the same returned application of I-485 with a check of $1010 and also an additional check of $340. Two checks in case if they need for I-765 and if not hope they return the check only not the whole application keeping $1010 check. today its 09/07/07 still havent heard or received any letter from USCIS neither the check/s has been cashed. Does any one have an idea or can help what will be happening.?

Thanks guys

Rinken

Receipt Notice Received 09/07/07

Recvd for I-130 & I-131 also updated signature to reflect progress:) :)

Where is the excel file?

Hi Trinigirl..

Where is the excel file? I do not see it in your thread. Hope you have not deleted it by mistake.

just looking at your sig, if you husband is not a USC yet, how come you applied for 1485 and everything already. you cannot if your husband is a LPR? let me know please, cause i am LPR and i applied for wifes i130 only. but i also have applied for my naturalization

He became a USC on 08/22/07 :p it's on my signature...

I AM AO DEPRESSED MY LAWYER SENT ALL THE PAPER WORK TO VERMONT, MONEY ORDERS STILL HAVE NOT BEEN CASHED AND NOT A WORD from USCIS, sent my package on 7/26/07 overnight fedx to vermont service center. its been 40 freakin days and u all have received something!!!!

I thought all I485 were supposed to be filed at the Chicago Lockbox, how come some people have sent their packages to a Service Center, does one has a option of choosing between the two?

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought all I485 were supposed to be filed at the Chicago Lockbox, how come some people have sent their packages to a Service Center, does one has a option of choosing between the two?
Before the change of fee you had the option but now it is Chicago

Before the change of fee you had the option but now it is Chicago

No, you didn't. It's been Chicago for family based GC for 2-3 years now. The ones that sent to Service centers better be glad they didn't deny them.
Or if you file only I-130 then you send to SC.

regarding case access online

Hi,
Just like others in group I am also having issues accesing case status online.Its been week now. I got the message : * Case Status Retrieval Failed
* This Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system.

After a close look at my reciept number i realised it looks weired ..
its starts with MSC .I am used to seeing EAC, WAC, LIN, or SRC
Does any one else also have case number starting with MSC and have troubles accessing it online ?BTW I sent my apps to chicago lockbox.
I figured out from same portal that MSC = Missouri Service Center = NBC = National Benefits Center

Alot of our cases does start with MSC. Hang in there, as soon of you get your FP's done or if USCIS request any futher documents from you, you will see you can access your case online. It took about a week before I saw action online.

Hi,
Just like others in group I am also having issues accesing case status online.Its been week now. I got the message : * Case Status Retrieval Failed
* This Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system.

After a close look at my reciept number i realised it looks weired ..
its starts with MSC .I am used to seeing EAC, WAC, LIN, or SRC
Does any one else also have case number starting with MSC and have troubles accessing it online ?BTW I sent my apps to chicago lockbox.
I figured out from same portal that MSC = Missouri Service Center = NBC = National Benefits Center
Hi
I have the same problem...and also my number starts with MSC...no online access.but i think we are gonna be able to look at it after FR app, Im not sure tough.

I130 and I485 Receipts Received

Got the receipt for my petitions (I130 and I485) on Sep 6th with a notice date of Aug 30th.

Updated my signature and now off to the main thread I guess.

Checking your status on line .. Is it reliable?

Just for information...

As you can see from my signature, I received FP notice dt (14th Aug) on 18th and completed on 23rd Aug. I could log on to my portfolio on the USCIS website the very next day (24th Aug) to see LUD on I-765 & 485 which said my petitions were received on 9th Aug!!. However I received all receipt notices I-130/131/765/485 on 31st Aug (ND 29th Aug with RD 25th Jul). Still no info on I-131 & 130 on the website. When I enquired in the USCIS office, I was told all my petitions are pretty much in order.

That makes me to conclude that one should not rely so much on checking status on the USCIS website. Will you agree?

please update my info

Hey Trinigirl, can you please update my info? I got my FP notice dated 7/22- I guess I'm just 4 days behind you :)

USCIS sent me three notices regarding the transfer which I never got. I spoke to my mail lady yesturday and she told me she was aware that I was receiveing USCIS mail and made sure she would put it in my mail box. She said she only seen the four notices came, that first week and nothing after that.

She's Canadian and been through the process long time ago, so she know how important it is to get those mail. So who knows why that mail really went back. So if they transfer your case they will notify you in writing.