July & August Tracker!!!!!!With no reciept yet

Trini, I know exactly what you mean about the lawyer. My husband started the immigration process back in 2000 with a lawyer, so I thought we'd let him finish the process. I have no doubt that I could do the paperwork myself, but he'd already been paid so much money and had all the history from the last 7 years. The thing is that at this point he's got all his money and doesn't seem to have any time to answer my questions. I've still got to go get a copy of all the paperwork and I can't wait til I don't need him anymore.

I have one question...do You guys know when I will be able to apply for driver license?I know I need my merriage certificate as a second ID but they check legal status.I dont know if it is possible for me to get DL now or i will have to wait till I get GC??
Thank you for help:)

In most states, you need a valid SSN to get a Drivers License. Plus other requirements, google it.

Well, for me it was much better . My wife is a lawyer in making :) so I had to put little effort to prepare the documents . I am still curious though what happened after july 27th that suddenly they stopped processing the cases or what:) ..Anyway we are hoping things would be simple for me since I don't have and overstay issues and I have been on legal h1 or f1 visa all the times my stay here but u never know ..:)

Bhupi:
I filed for my AOS while my wife was beginning Law School and guess what I was helping her with Immigration Clinic after my ordeal with,at that time, INS/BCIS/USCIS. Trust me, unless she's taking several Immigration Law classes,you'll know more than your wife by the time she passes Bar or you get LPR, whichever is earlier:)

Just make sure DON'T MOVE..lol and if you do move, you update the address with USCIS, as in our case they didn't update the file even after I sent them AR-11 by FEDEX. Their excuse at the time...(in 2003) was....The appointment scheduling database is different than the G325...don't ask me why. It caused us to miss our first interview and luckily I applied for EAD extension which was within 30 days of the first interview and hence they rescheduled it. If it goes beyond 30days....petition is denied and start from square one.

Now the disclaimer: This was years ago and I don't know if it still follows the same protocol.

Good luck!

Guys,

Applications at USCIS are really taking forever.

Here is the status of my application(s).

Filed I-130 for Dad: 07/25/2007
Received by USCIS : 07/27/2007
No receipt,
No checks cashed.

Thanks.

Raj.
Hi Raj,

I am also waiting for my check to be cashed and awaiting notice.

mailed i130 for spouse - 7/27
recv'd by vsc - 7/28

Cheers
Ganesh

Ha Ha, Good. Did you go for your FP on the 8/21/07 and if so what code was that?

yes it was for code 2, just EADS, cos i forgot to include the biometrics fee with my intial application for 1-485, but i mailed them a check like 3 weeks a go, so oefully they cash it soon and send me for my FP, cos that seems to be the hold back and after that i learnts everything just comes on as it is suppose to.....
So nowi guess they'll process m app as an august applicant... based on when they received my REF.

Finally! After 32 days, my checks have been cashed. I don't think I ever wanted anyone to take my money so much!

yes it was for code 2, just EADS, cos i forgot to include the biometrics fee with my intial application for 1-485, but i mailed them a check like 3 weeks a go, so oefully they cash it soon and send me for my FP, cos that seems to be the hold back and after that i learnts everything just comes on as it is suppose to.....
So nowi guess they'll process m app as an august applicant... based on when they received my REF.

Ok, I forgot their was a conversation regarding the bio fees earlier. You still never fixed your timeline.

The check hasn't been cashed. It is 34 days passed.:mad: :confused:

Package sent..............07/25/07(day 1)
Package received.........07/30/07(day 6)
Checks Cashed............????

Hi,
USC petitioning mother for GC.
Application sent to Vermont center 8/9/07, received the next day. Check not cashed yet. No receipt.

Olivatte,
Need your help. can u please guide me.I am filling for my parents AOS.Would highly apprecaite if u answere below quesires.

- in form I-485 (part 2) which option do I need to click (a,b,c,d....?)
- in form 765 question 16 is it ( C 9)
- how to attach photo graph.should i put all photo graph in one envolope of
attach separtly with each application.
-

I received my FP notice, was not expecting today as I received my notices only a few day ago. Please see my signature for dates.

I received my FP notice, was not expecting today as I received my notices only a few day ago. Please see my signature for dates.
Can u pls explain whay u mean when u say retrieved from email? How doe we retrieve? Was it sent to TSC?

wow thats a nice suprise:)we have the same timeline and we got the receipts in the same time so I should get FP app soon too:)
I am really happy for U!:)

Can u pls explain whay u mean when u say retrieved from email? How doe we retrieve? Was it sent to TSC?

I'm sorry I got them out of my mail box. Just showing how many days it took for it to reach my mailbox:confused: :confused: not E-Mail

Last edited by a moderator:
LOMG!!!!Are you serious:eek: My mailbox at home, they sent me a notice for FINGER PRINT, I got it out of the mailbox at home.:rolleyes:

LOMG!!!!Are you serious:eek: My mailbox at home, they sent me a notice for FINGER PRINT, I got it out of the mailbox at home.:rolleyes:
Oh OK...Im not as smart + today is a Friday.
Also just curious... why does ur signature say that ur married to a USC? Do u have to?