July 2012 N-400 Tracker

No update yet

The July thread seems to have gone silent - anyone with any updates to share?

Online status says they have scheduled us for an interview but after the postponing of the original (9/21) interview date, we have not received anything else. DC Office have processing time of 6.6 months, so it might be a while. Guess we'll have to continue waiting. sigh.

Yep. Things seem to have hit a brick wall. I'm still on INITIAL REVIEW.
My wife has her Interview on Friday of this week, so next update then. Hopefully earlier than that if by some miracle I get scheduled an interview before Friday. Over 5 weeks since Biometrics, this is bewildering.

finally i am done with oath ceremony

Hi everyone,

today I had my oath ceremony and also applied for passport. hopefully next week, i should have my passport.
My wife n-400 is still in initial review(after FP, no moment..had a infopass and told that, case is in namecheck). trying to see is there any way to follow up on namecheck. we have next week infopass to find out the status.

regards
Kris

Hi everyone,

today I had my oath ceremony and also applied for passport. hopefully next week, i should have my passport.
My wife n-400 is still in initial review(after FP, no moment..had a infopass and told that, case is in namecheck). trying to see is there any way to follow up on namecheck. we have next week infopass to find out the status.

regards
Kris

Heartiest congratulations Kris!

Hello all. Happy to say that my wife had a great 10 minute successful interview this morning. The whole thing lasted less than 10 minutes and it was a very pleasant experience. She also was handed the Oath Letter and her Oath Ceremony is scheduled for October 19th at 8 AM in NH.
Will post her questions list later on this great day!

Interview today in Seattle. Arrived 8:10am was called in at 8:30 - really nice guy reviewed my file, asked me a couple questions about my name change. Questions:

Name 1 war America fought in the 1900's - WW2
Who is the chief Justice - Don't know
How many representatives in the house - 435
How often do we vote for them - every 2 years
When do we vote for the president - November
He asked me one more but I can't remember right now

Then he asked if I was free today for the Oath

So, Oath today, hours from now I will be a citizen!

Last edited by a moderator:
congratulations ks_cc. my status also changed this morning to "in line for interview" and then to "scheduled for interview" in the afternoon.

Fantastic start for Columbus Day weekend to us both! Right there with you buddy! Next up is the wait for the Interview Letter and finally seeing the date.

the interview date is usually five weeks after the status changes to "interview scheduled" so if I were to guess, it would be somewhere in the second or third week of November

Uh-huh. Happy Columbus Day to everyone. I finally got a text message this AM and my status has changed to 'Testing & Interview'. It took 45 days after fingerprints. Now wait for the date. :cool:

Updates

Updates in the signature. Latest status below:

Testing and Interview

On October 4, 2012, your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was scheduled for interview. You will receive a notice with a time and place for your interview. If you have not received the notice within 30 days of the date the notice is mailed, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address

usactzn, CONGRATULATIONS!

usfp, was the US Postal Service kind to you today? I'm hoping we both receive the Interview Letter this week - still got Friday and Saturday to go. We may go into next week (no) thanks to the Columbus Day holiday. So close to the IL receipt, this is more anxiety inducing than the actual interview itself.

My application was mailed on July too but the interview date is 11/12/2012. It seems it's slower for Los Angeles office. Goodluck to everyone!