July 2012 N-400 Tracker

HI Arc, do you what is timeframe for Oath in philadelphia DO. Post your updates on Oath letter.

I guess everyone's experience is different. If you look at it trackitt, you can see many people who were given oath letter at the conclusion of their interview. However, in our case - both my wife and I were given N652 stating that we had been recommended for approval. My officer gave me a timeline of 2 weeks whereas my wife was told to wait for about 4 weeks for oath letter to arrive. We were interviewed on Oct17th. To date, my case status online has not changed at all - still sitting at Testing and Interview. Whereas, my wife's status got updated on Oct 22nd that they had scheduled and sent her the oath letter. We have not received the letter as yet, hoping it will arrive today, if not tomorrow.

As far as Philly's oath ceremony schedules are concerned, I was told by my interviewing officer that they are holding administrative oath ceremonies twice a week i.e. Mondays and Fridays, whereas judicial oath ceremonies are done as needed.

How about you? How far along are you in the process?

@jorcas

Wow... you're doing well! I filed about 3 weeks before you and I'm the same DO. My fingerprinting was about 3 weeks ahead of you but no word since then except I got a yellow letter late last week. No IL yet. No txt. No online changes. Yellow letter only mentioned state issued driver's license.

I'm getting a bit upset... I need to send away my passport for other matters and I can't while I have to hold onto it for the interview.

If they're going to get me done within the 5 month window then my interview would need to be in the first three weeks of November given that San Francisco only has twice weekly oath ceremonies (in Oakland). With no IL, I guess I should assume that's not going to happen.

Hope everything goes well on the 15th.

Last edited by a moderator:
just wondering if your status is still initial review or 'testing and interview, in line for interview scheduling'
if you are still in initial review, it might be that the background checks are not cleared yet but if you are in line, then you should have been scheduled by now and i would go for an infopass to investigate.

@jorcas

Wow... you're doing well! I filed about 3 weeks before you and I'm the same DO. My fingerprinting was about 3 weeks ahead of you but no word since then except I got a yellow letter late last week. No IL yet. No txt. No online changes. Yellow letter only mentioned state issued driver's license.

I'm getting a bit upset... I need to send away my passport for other matters and I can't while I have to hold onto it for the interview.

If they're going to get me done within the 5 month window then my interview would need to be in the first three weeks of November given that San Francisco only has twice weekly oath ceremonies (in Oakland). With no IL, I guess I should assume that's not going to happen.

Hope everything goes well on the 15th.

Hi Arc007,

I am also waiting for Oath letter from Oct 23rd. No online status change yet. Officer tried to see If I can do oath on same day, and they dont find certificates available so asked me to wait for the letter. Dont know how long this wait is going to be. Keep posted on your status.

I guess everyone's experience is different. If you look at it trackitt, you can see many people who were given oath letter at the conclusion of their interview. However, in our case - both my wife and I were given N652 stating that we had been recommended for approval. My officer gave me a timeline of 2 weeks whereas my wife was told to wait for about 4 weeks for oath letter to arrive. We were interviewed on Oct17th. To date, my case status online has not changed at all - still sitting at Testing and Interview. Whereas, my wife's status got updated on Oct 22nd that they had scheduled and sent her the oath letter. We have not received the letter as yet, hoping it will arrive today, if not tomorrow.

As far as Philly's oath ceremony schedules are concerned, I was told by my interviewing officer that they are holding administrative oath ceremonies twice a week i.e. Mondays and Fridays, whereas judicial oath ceremonies are done as needed.

How about you? How far along are you in the process?

I think it's clear that a big electoral surge happened over us and we'll all have to be patient about our applications, even if most of us clearly will not be able to vote :(
Let's hope that all those that decided to file early this year, do vote in the best interest of an America that supports immigrants and against all of those that oppose immigrants!

just wondering if your status is still initial review or 'testing and interview, in line for interview scheduling'
if you are still in initial review, it might be that the background checks are not cleared yet but if you are in line, then you should have been scheduled by now and i would go for an infopass to investigate.

Thanks. I presume you're the same shahramt as at trackitt. I'm the same ridsel. I updated over there too...

I spoke with an Infopass officer. Basically, it's entirely the NBC. There's nothing I missed. There's no other external information they're waiting on. It's just up to the NBC. Furthermore, he said that it looks like they're almost done, but it's hard to tell how much longer it will sit like that. He said he wouldn't be surprised if my letter went out tomorrow, that's how close it looks. He couldn't tell what was taking them so long.

So... I'm glad there's no known issue, but that means I continue to wait... I must've hit refresh on the online status about 1000 times.

good that you got some info.
if nothing happened in the next few days, try calling the USCIS customer service and ask for tier 2 officer. I believe they are the equivalent of infopass officers in NBC which have more control over the cases which are in their office.

Same boat

Thanks. I presume you're the same shahramt as at trackitt. I'm the same ridsel. I updated over there too...

I spoke with an Infopass officer. Basically, it's entirely the NBC. There's nothing I missed. There's no other external information they're waiting on. It's just up to the NBC. Furthermore, he said that it looks like they're almost done, but it's hard to tell how much longer it will sit like that. He said he wouldn't be surprised if my letter went out tomorrow, that's how close it looks. He couldn't tell what was taking them so long.

So... I'm glad there's no known issue, but that means I continue to wait... I must've hit refresh on the online status about 1000 times.

Office: Washington DC

We're on the same boat with my mother's application. Have not yet received a reschedule for her appointment. Called the Customer Service number twice and now they have told us to wait 90 days from when they supposedly emailed us on September 25 for any further inquiries. The last update I received was last week stating the application was still at the National Benefits Center (NBC). Not sure what is holding it up. Hope something happens soon and they speed up the process.

Hi Arc007,

I am also waiting for Oath letter from Oct 23rd. No online status change yet. Officer tried to see If I can do oath on same day, and they dont find certificates available so asked me to wait for the letter. Dont know how long this wait is going to be. Keep posted on your status.

Well, the latest is that my wife got sworn in last Friday (Nov the 2nd) while I am still waiting for any kind of update on my case.
How About you? Any updates?

To be honest, it just gives me a heart that I am not al alone from Philly who is waiting for oath schedule since otherwise almost everyone gets their oath letters within a wek time frame, if not at the end of the interview. Not that I am happy about this delay for you, but just saying...

Call with Tier 2 at NBC

good that you got some info.
if nothing happened in the next few days, try calling the USCIS customer service and ask for tier 2 officer. I believe they are the equivalent of infopass officers in NBC which have more control over the cases which are in their office.

Thanks for your suggestion. I made the call this morning. I had no trouble with the CSR, she was happy to transfer me to Tier 2 on the basis that I'd done an Infopass appointment and had still seen no movement, whereas his feedback had been that it was not waiting on anything external and should progress out of the NBC at any time as far as he could see.

When the NBC answered they said they're only doing call backs as they're short staffed due to the effects of Hurricane Sandy. So, I gave them my details and am expecting a call back "within the next several days".

Meanwhile, people who applied two months after me now have scheduled interviews. Very frustrating as my case is very clear and well documented and shouldn't have any reason to take longer than average.

Hello all

I had my interview today and was approved. Oath Letter to be mailed, expected Oath Date 12/21. Interview went quite well.

I got called back... twice.

First one said it was nothing at the NBC itself, but rather the FBI name check. She was clear that it was not my fingerprint check (cleared a long time ago) but that the FBI also wanted to "run my name" and have been doing that since August 10th. I'm surprised as I doubt there's another male in the entire United States with my exact name.

The second one appeared unaware that she was repeating the above. I guess the first officer didn't close the ticket. In any case, she said the same thing but also said she'd send a query to the FBI to ask what's the holdup. She suggested I call back if i still didn't have an interview by month-end. Instead, I'm going to call every week :)

I got called back... twice.

First one said it was nothing at the NBC itself, but rather the FBI name check. She was clear that it was not my fingerprint check (cleared a long time ago) but that the FBI also wanted to "run my name" and have been doing that since August 10th. I'm surprised as I doubt there's another male in the entire United States with my exact name.

The second one appeared unaware that she was repeating the above. I guess the first officer didn't close the ticket. In any case, she said the same thing but also said she'd send a query to the FBI to ask what's the holdup. She suggested I call back if i still didn't have an interview by month-end. Instead, I'm going to call every week :)

In line for interview scheduling as of 1 minute ago.

Just got back home from interview. Went well but I got GC trough Asylum and the Officer said she has to review the file online and it has too many pages to do it right then. She said 'later' but also maybe today, so I guess she will finish her appointments for the day and since tomo is Fri she'll probably review it today and recommend approval at the end of the day :confused: She said I should get a letter in a few days and the Oath probably during December. From trackit I see people get letters 5-11 days after interview. I hope I'm in that range.

I got appointment for 7:45am. Got there around 7:20, not much people. I saw 5 different officers calling people I think I was 5th
at around 7:50. It took 15-20mins.

I had a lot of stuff with me but she just asked for ID, GC and Passport and everything else was verbal review of my application.
Read: 'When is Columbus Day observed'
Write: 'Columbus day is on October'
Questions:
1- If prez and vp can't serve who becomes prez?
2- How many justices in Supreme C?
3- Name one part/branch of the Gov?
4- What did the Declaration of Independence do?
5- ??? can't remember the other 2.

Well it's been 10 straight days and no news. I'm wondering if everybody gets electronic message a couple of days before the letter with the Oath date? If I don't get any update by next weekend I'll start to worry, right now I'm just stressed! :confused: I checked and next Ceremony is on the 17th. There is 1 ceremony a month in Oakland.

Just got back home from interview. Went well but I got GC trough Asylum and the Officer said she has to review the file online and it has too many pages to do it right then. She said 'later' but also maybe today, so I guess she will finish her appointments for the day and since tomo is Fri she'll probably review it today and recommend approval at the end of the day :confused: She said I should get a letter in a few days and the Oath probably during December. From trackit I see people get letters 5-11 days after interview. I hope I'm in that range.

I got appointment for 7:45am. Got there around 7:20, not much people. I saw 5 different officers calling people I think I was 5th
at around 7:50. It took 15-20mins.

I had a lot of stuff with me but she just asked for ID, GC and Passport and everything else was verbal review of my application.
Read: 'When is Columbus Day observed'
Write: 'Columbus day is on October'
Questions:
1- If prez and vp can't serve who becomes prez?
2- How many justices in Supreme C?
3- Name one part/branch of the Gov?
4- What did the Declaration of Independence do?
5- ??? can't remember the other 2.

I received my Oath Letter this past Monday, 11/26. Oath scheduled on 12/21.

Hi ks_cc,

Can you let me know what your DO is? My online status has changed to we placed your application in the oath scheduling que on 11/23 and did not receive any oath letter yet.

Thanks.

Congrats ks, that's 17 days since interview, right? That will make me due this Monday the 3rd!? :cool: I will be the sweetest Xmas ever if I get my passport before the 25th!
Where you recommended for approval at the interview? I passed tests but was left pending approval by the Officer... :confused: