July 2012 N-400 Tracker

Finally, after living 'abroad' for over 21 years the trip is almost over (I hope!) ;)

Just got on Saturday's mail the 'famous' interview letter'. I'm going in on Nov 15th. It's bittersweet because I won't be able to vote against the Death Penalty on Election Day. It's kind of funny, when I got my Asylum IL I was almost floored by it and it left me speaking in tongues for a while. Now, I almost knew the hour it was going to show up after I got the yellow letter yesterday.

With the IL you get ye ol 'Document Check List' of what you need to bring. Other than the items on #1: green card, ID card, passports and pictures; the only other document it recommends I bring is exactly the document mentioned in yesterday's Yellow Letter. So I guess you 'SHOULD' bring items from #1 and anything else should be mention in the Yellow Letter. BTW I will be bringing the 'baby and the bath water'! Better safe than sorry :D

Glad some of ya'll have been seeing some action at last. I mailed my N-400 etc in late June, received 07/03. I did my biometrics in San Francisco as scheduled on 08/09. So... it has been about 67 days with no change in status at all. Very frustrating. I feel like I shouldn't nag yet since there's still time for this to get done within the 5 month target window.

N-400 approved

I had my interview on 10/16/12 and it was approved. I was put under oath and then asked 6 question and asked to read a sentence and then write a sentence. It was straight forward. The IO reviewed my N-400 and checked off all questions. My original N-400 was updated with other names used. The entire interview lasted 10-15 minutes. I received my oath letter for 10/26/12.
All the best to the folks still in the process.

Last edited by a moderator:
NCH754 - congratulations! If your state allows same day registration, you will be able to exercise your new constitutional rights and vote!

All - open question and I am looking for some guidance. My wife's Oath is scheduled for this Friday, 10/19. My interview's scheduled for 11/09. Do I need to tell the interviewing IO to have my N400 be amended to reflect the fact that my wife is no longer a permanent resident but a US Citizen on the question of 'Is your spouse a US Citizen?'?
When we filed, she was obviously not, but when I will be interviewed, she will be....

Congrats! What is your DO?

I had my interview on 10/16/12 and it was approved. I was put under oath and then asked 6 question and asked to read a sentence and then write a sentence. It was straight forward. The IO reviewed my N-400 and checked off all questions. My original N-400 was updated with other names used. The entire interview lasted 10-15 minutes. I received my oath letter for 10/26/12.
All the best to the folks still in the process.

NCH754 - congratulations! If your state allows same day registration, you will be able to exercise your new constitutional rights and vote!

All - open question and I am looking for some guidance. My wife's Oath is scheduled for this Friday, 10/19. My interview's scheduled for 11/09. Do I need to tell the interviewing IO to have my N400 be amended to reflect the fact that my wife is no longer a permanent resident but a US Citizen on the question of 'Is your spouse a US Citizen?'?
When we filed, she was obviously not, but when I will be interviewed, she will be....

Thanks.

Yes you should update the N-400 with the info your spouse is a citizen at the interview. Yes NC has same-day voting starting 10/18/12 to 11/3/12. So yes I will be able to vote after 10/26/12.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,

Just finished oath at Irving, TX office, please see my signature for complete progress, the whole process took 86 days, that's really good compared to the dreaded GC process, anyhow happy being here..thanks for all your support...running to apply US PP -:)

Have a great day!!
LL

June'07: GC
DO: Dallas,TX
PD 07/25/12

07/24/12: Day0 N-400 sent by FedEx Standard Overnight to Lewisville, TX
07/25/12: Day1 delivered
07/27/12: Day3 received email that application is received
07/30/12: Day6 Check Cashed
07/31/12: Day7 NOA received
08/02/12: Day9 FP Notice received with a scheduled date of 08/27/12
08/27/12: Day34 FP done
08/29/12: Day36 Online Status changed to "In Line for Interview Scheduling"
08/30/12: Day37 Online Status changed to "Scheduled for Interview"
09/04/12: Day42 IL Received with interview scheduled date of 10/04/12
10/04/12: Day72 Interview done waiting for oath letter
10/11/12: Day79 Received oath date 10/18/12
10/18/12: Day86 took oath and became US Citizen

Status is same for Spouse too.

Hi All,

Just finished oath at Irving, TX office, please see my signature for complete progress, the whole process took 86 days, that's really good compared to the dreaded GC process, anyhow happy being here..thanks for all your support...running to apply US PP -:)

Have a great day!!
LL

June'07: GC
DO: Dallas,TX
PD 07/25/12

07/24/12: Day0 N-400 sent by FedEx Standard Overnight to Lewisville, TX
07/25/12: Day1 delivered
07/27/12: Day3 received email that application is received
07/30/12: Day6 Check Cashed
07/31/12: Day7 NOA received
08/02/12: Day9 FP Notice received with a scheduled date of 08/27/12
08/27/12: Day34 FP done
08/29/12: Day36 Online Status changed to "In Line for Interview Scheduling"
08/30/12: Day37 Online Status changed to "Scheduled for Interview"
09/04/12: Day42 IL Received with interview scheduled date of 10/04/12
10/04/12: Day72 Interview done waiting for oath letter
10/11/12: Day79 Received oath date 10/18/12
10/18/12: Day86 took oath and became US Citizen

Status is same for Spouse too.

Congratulations!
Btw, did your online status update after once you had passed the interview? I cleared my interview yesterday, but have not seen any update to status online, let alone any oath letter in mail :( [I know, its too early to whine about not receiving oath letter - it was just yesterday that I got through the interview :) ]

Congratulations!
Btw, did your online status update after once you had passed the interview? I cleared my interview yesterday, but have not seen any update to status online, let alone any oath letter in mail :( [I know, its too early to whine about not receiving oath letter - it was just yesterday that I got through the interview :) ]

The answer is No, it changed the status after they mailed the oath letter which was week later the interview date, so don't worry u should be receiving the oath letter soon.

Congratulations, Livelong!

(112 days here, still waiting for IL...) You're fortunate to have got through the process relatively quickly.

Hi,
I want to give a run thru of the interview and the Oath Process in Newark. This is for my Mother’s Naturalization.
Appointment was at 8:20. We reached there at 8:10. Cleared security and went to 14th floor. Place was already packed so they must have had lot of early appointments. However they do have Marriage based 485 adjustments also on the same floor, so the crowd could be because of that too. Anyway the Guard was not letting anybody in whose appt was not in next 15 min. After some persuading, he let me go in along with my mother so that she won’t be to too nervous. Went to Window 2 and dropped the Appt letter.
Was called in at 9:50 for the interview.

This officer was the worst person that morning. Every other officer who called in, said Hello how are u, etc. This Guy – nothing.
Straight away he fired, that the application is wrong and she has not completed 900 days in US.
Then he went and compared each trip’s date from the passport. My mother had 5 trips in last 5 yrs outside US and the 1st one was more than a year.
While he was calculating the No of days, he kept on saying that the application will be rejected.
Then my mother showed him a spreadsheet, where I had mentioned that the last 364 days of your time out of the country counts toward meeting your continuous residence requirement.
Finally he calculated the correct number of days and proceeded further. This step alone had taken 25 min.
The rest of the stuff was a breeze. He asked for her GC, ID etc, then DOB, GC Date, Country of Birth and 6 civics questions which she cleared easily.
Then she was given the letter saying “Congratulations that she cleared the interview” and a form for the Oath Ceremony. Whole process too 35 min.

So now she is back in the waiting area and explaining to me how the interview went and why it took so long. The next step was to wait for her name to called again by Window 2. They take the Oath questionnaire and give you the white package of information about citizenship responsibilities, etc.
Also, you sign 2 copies of your certificate of naturalization, which they give you at the oath ceremony.

However around 11:25 am, the Interview officer comes out again and called for my Mother and that she needs to come back to the interview room again as he still has some questions.
Now this is after receiving the letter saying “Congratulations that she cleared the interview”.

This was very strange. The nice lady at Window 2 said, that it seems the reviewing office has raised some questions and the Interviewing Officer forgot to ask them.
My mother came back in 10 min and it seems that the Interview officer asked her again that why did she make 5 trips outside US in last 5 yrs ? Does she live in US or abroad ? She explained everything clearly and he said that now she can go back to Window 2 and they will call her name in 10 min.
Finally her name was called and she signed on the Naturalization Certificate.

We missed the 11:30 oath ceremony so had to go for 2:30 one but were too exhausted(but excited)by then to complain.

Congratulations, Livelong!

(112 days here, still waiting for IL...) You're fortunate to have got through the process relatively quickly.

I feel your pain. I have almost the same day count... seems like forever since I did my fingerprints.

Congratulations!

HI Arc, do you what is timeframe for Oath in philadelphia DO. Post your updates on Oath letter.