JULY 2007 filers, post your timelines !

I quite agree

waoo congrats TRINI and NANAOBOY1, seems you guys are getting your greencare the same day.....DOUBLE DOSE, for july fillers.
Hope all july fillers get interviewd by december, don't want the delay till january 08.
It will be nice to enjoy christmas as a GC holder, not that it really matters, but the feelings would just be great...lol..

I'm with you on that one... But somehow I'm losing hope to get GC this year... Where is thAT IL LETTER ?!!
Anyway... Good luck everyone...

Oh I quite agree. It does not matter as of yet, but it would be the best feeling in the world to get a GC for Christmas. That would be the best.

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
You should bring copies of all the documents you sent with your I-485 just in case. Yes the translations are important, specially if they prove relationship, just take them with you.
sent to chicago lock box
filed: 07/16/07
RD date: 07/18/07
ND date: 07/27/07
FP notice code 3: 07/31/07
FP appt: 08/17/07 done
LUD i765: 07/27/07 08/20/07
LUD i485: 07/27/07
RFE sent from uscis for i864 missing blank page on packet 08/16/07
respond to RFE: 08/29/07
RFE arrived at lees summit 8/31/07
GOT EMAIL RESPOND RECEIVED AND CASE RESUMED 09/07/07
LUD I765:07/27/07 08/20/07 ead aproved 0926/07 ead received 10/08/07
LUD I485 07/27/07 09/07/07 09/10/07
interview letter recieved 9/28/07 dated 9/21/07 interview for 11/07:cool:/07

i have a question in my interview notice it said i had to bring an english trans of evry document submited my mom and my bc are in spanish we already submited a translation with the i485 app. should we bring one and also what else should i bring bc for me and her id my i765 workletters medical and taxes already submited ? any help appt. is on wed at 11:00 fresno DO

Hi everybody. My mother finally got her green card yesterday. Her case was transferred to California and her green card was approved without any interview.

I want to thank everybody who answered my queries and in general appreciate all the members posting in this thread.

aproved ???

hello everyone i had my interview today me and my mother showed up fresno DO at 10:56 there was hardly noone there we went through security up to the 3rd floor and put my interview notice in try and just waited to get called about 10 min later went in hispanic IO was nice spoke to us in spanish my app. is fam based child under 21 mexican well he just asked me simple questions but before he swore us in and then asked my full name and place of birth etc went through app and then asked my mom where she worked and asked me for BC he went over it and just said evrything was ok and asked if i had any questions and i asked about the RFE and he said they got it and everything was fine and he was gonna request visa from state dpt later today and i wuld get a response 3- 4 weeks and everything was good so im asuming im aproved he didnt kep my EAD we were there prob like 15 min max and he was very nice and spoke in spanish the entire time even though im flunet in english all the documnets i took he didnt even look at them just my bc thats it it was easy and i was surprised how quik well i hope i get my gc soon and i should have to worry he did say everything was k and there were no probs,

good luck to evryone :D

Guys,

My final day is day after tomorrow. Have two concerns at this time:

1. I used a lawyer filing all my paperwork, everything went smooth so far. Last week, we went to the lawyer to prep for the interview. His voice sounds weird this time (not as confident) and insisted to take him what if the IO starts asking complicated questions. Of course, he wants $650 to show up at the interview for 15-20mins. I was confident all this time to face without a lawyer but the last meeting with him have put doubts in my mind.

2. The interview takes care of the I-485 part but what about the I-130? When is that solved.

Thanks

yes, I hink the 1-130 gets approved on the same day of interview. I might be wrong, confirm that with your lawyer. And as far as your lawyer is concerned, you started the case with him, so I think you should go to the interview with him, too. It would be differerent if you didn't use the a lawyer atall.

Starlet,

If your case is starightforward, without any complications, I (personally) would not bring a lawyer. Like you said s/he just want his money. If you have doubts,then by all means, bring the lawyer. This forum has so much info, that I think you and your spouse can prepare very good. Go through the questions for interview ( I know they are posted here somewhere, but if you need I can post them again) and make sure your answers match. What are those complicated questions your lawyer is talking about? If you feel confident you can answer them, then why pay the money.
As for I-130, it should be taken care of during interview also.

Good luck tomorrow!!!

Starlet, I hope everything went well at the interview. Hopefully you didn't bring the lawyer with you, I think that is a ridiculous amount of money for something people do by themselves; unless of course your case is peculiar... but since you were confident before, I don't see why you would not be confident now.

At my interview, they asked us no questions, just swore us in, asked to see the documents, and just told me "you have an AP... don't use it. Now let's check your NC... well it hasn't come back".

So if everything is done in good faith, there is nothing to worry about, :cool:

My Name check has cleared!, Thanks to all of you out there for the wealth of info and moral support!!!.

I had an Infopass in Philadelphia this morning. Went to ask them if my name check had cleared, they said "yes" so I immediately asked about AP validity, they said "yes"...long story short they tried to dismiss me but I kept insisting that I was already approved (pending NC) and my AP was not valid... they ended up giving me a temporary I-551 which for anyone curious out there is nothing more than a rubber stamp :D (they updated the system though).

Moral of the story... had I traveled without infopassing first, I would have encounter some trouble at POE upon returning to the country.

hey JMG1010,
what made you decide to go for infopass today? we both filed about the same time. My name is cleared and waiting for the final approval. I plan to go for infopass on 11/19. I just hope I can get the same good news as you.

Well, I am traveling in the next few days, and I noticed in this forum that NCs of people filing around the same date as me were coming back, so I figured I'd go there and check and ask them what to do if NC came before I returned. I had been told before, (in my interview back in September), that I would be approved as soon as NC came back.

By the way, I was approved right there and then today, the window officer took my name and passport, went out and came back saying, "your approved, let me put the stamp on your passport"

Approved!!!

Bricks off my shoulders

Got approved this morning at the LA DO. The interview was for 40 mins but no name check issues thank god. The IO gave us the approval letter in hand and told us to wait 1-2 weeks to receive the actual card in the mail. I will write in details later today. Need to sleep now and have advil for my headache.

I just got this online:

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On November 9, 2007, we ordered production of your new card ...

I did not want to believe it at first, but I guess now I have no choice but to get pass my incredulity, if you don't "refresh their memory" they won't work on your case... it seems that my NC had cleared before, but they only got to it when I asked them to look at it this morning.

Got Approved....sharing our experience

Guys,

We got approved at the LA DO office this morning and wanted share our experience.

Our appt was scheduled for 9:35 am and we got in the waiting room at 9am. Submitted the appt letter to a lady and waited for our names to be called. I would say 8 out of 10 pple had their lawyers with them. I used my lawyer to file the paperwork but saw no point bringing him for the interview paying $650 extra. However, we consulted with the lawyer last week to prep for the interview.

Anyways, our name was called out finally at 10:10am. Officer Rios called our names and led us to his office room. He introduced himself first and swore us before we took our seat. First thing he asked us what is our relationship? Then he asked for IDs and docs showing both our names to establish our relationship. We only had joint bank a/c statement and car insurance contract stating both our names.

While I was taking them out from the folder, the IO started asking questions to my wife....name, age, address, when we got married, place of birth etc. The questions did not follow any patterns but most sounded like straight cut details from the forms filed. He ticked off and wrote small comments after each answers.

Then he turned to me. Double checked some details right from the forms. I provided him with the social security number which was not mentioned when we filed the forms. He took a note of that. He then moved to the legendary "no" questions.

He then started talking our home country and how we had good shrimps from there. He started numerous questions regarding our home country and was just talking off the records. While talking to us, he was filling out numerous internal forms. Through the edge of my eye, I saw him signing off on the welcome letter. He also attached the evidence we provided, my EAD card, and photocopies we provided to the file. He then took my social security card, my wife's DL and some docs and asked us to wait...he is gonna be back soon.

When he returned he said congrats, smiled, you have been approved and you will receive your card in 2-3weeks. I asked him should we celebrate.....he said....yeah just dont get too drunk. We thanked him and smiled.

Voluntarily, i asked him so there is no issue with my namecheck? He replied back what is that and having an expression that he doesnt have any clue what i am talking. He laughed and said sounds like you are not happy with the good news I gave you?

He said ok since its a concern for you, let me double check. He then spent around 7-10 mins on his computer completing different forms online. He then turned and said you are all set.

He said congrats....welcome to the US to me, shook our hands and said you can celebrate now. He gave us the welcome letter and another instruction page detailing about the 2-yr conditional GC. We thanked him back and left the office.

The officer was in his 50s-60s from Philipino, very polite and friendly. When we came out, we realize that we were inside for almost 40 mins. Most of that time he spent writing down.

So, in a nut shell it was lengthy but a pleasant experience.

i checkd my status yesterday and i had this update i had my interview on wed at 11 i posted my exp on an earlier post i wasnt sure if i was aproved or not since after interview io said he was gona request visa so i was in shocl no clear answer and i kept calling and the stupid people and even the io i talked to said well wait officer needs to aprove or deny it could take a long time but i think now im ok i didnt get an e amil or anything justb the update on the uscis site so by what i can read and understand that should be my GC i hope so well good luck i filed on july 18 2007 and by nov 8 2007 i m done short time good luck to all who are waiting

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE
OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On November 8, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Well I finally have my green card in my hands!!!I've been looking at it on an off for like the last hour making sure i'm not dreaming...Good luck July filers!And everyone else too!