JULY 2007 filers, post your timelines !

Congrats AmitD! I got some good news too - I received an email tonight stating card production ordered :)

LOL our dates are so close together Trini! We can sit on the jealous couch and wait for our emails that give us good news! Maybe next week is our week, whatcha think?

I hope, I just want to have a drivers license. That would be nice, my son wrestles in high school and as soon as he's done with his football season, it's on wrestling and having to have him at school at 5:45 in the morning for some of his tournaments. And that means, no more depending on my husband getting off work extra early to take him.

I hope, I just want to have a drivers license. That would be nice, my son wrestles in high school and as soon as he's done with his football season, it's on wrestling and having to have him at school at 5:45 in the morning for some of his tournaments. And that means, no more depending on my husband getting off work extra early to take him.

LOl.... well do not forget me here people... stil waiting too, but are we just qualified for Drivers License after geting our EAd? I am not just sure about this some say they actually require a temporary green card.

hey guys help me out here....
When applying to or transfering from a community college to a university in state, what status do we apply as "knowing well that our application is pending, and we are not yet gren card holders," So how do we go about that, are we going to be charge out of state tuition? this is really confusing to me... help me out here guys, I have made a couple calls to 2 different schools and they do not know exactly how i will be charge.

A small step forward in our case. We got an I-485 LUD this morning (first one since 7/25) saying that our response to RFE has been received and case is now resumed. Hopefully EAD approval won't be much longer now. Just patiently waiting.....

When applying to or transfering from a community college to a university in state, what status do we apply as "knowing well that our application is pending, and we are not yet gren card holders," So how do we go about that, are we going to be charge out of state tuition? this is really confusing to me... help me out here guys, I have made a couple calls to 2 different schools and they do not know exactly how i will be charge.

I would imagine you just put down your current status - how did you gain entry initially - you need to have some status to be here, I am non-immigrant status on an h1b visa currently and that wont change until adjustment of status later on. As for drivers licenses - I've had a drivers license for the past 6 years - recently renewed - if you are currently hold a visa you should be able to get a drivers license.

LOl.... well do not forget me here people... stil waiting too, but are we just qualified for Drivers License after geting our EAd? I am not just sure about this some say they actually require a temporary green card.

Well I spoke to customer service at the dmv. Two things can happen, if you get your temporary GC you can apply with that and your passport, no SS# necessary, when you get your SS card just go back to them and they will update your info. Or your EAD card but with the SS card and then you're good to go.

I think it's called an "Adjustee Status" here is a link were it's being debatedhttp://http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=62032

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope thats a good sign. We need AP to arrive by Oct 15th and I'm trying to avoid the attempt to expedite it until becomes necessary to do that

There has been no more LUD's on AP after 9/24. I got finger printing done 9/26 and there has been 2 LUD's on my 485 one on 26th and the other 27th(today). I hope something happens with the AP i need a break from this country and go wondering around in the world:D

There has been no more LUD's on AP after 9/24. I got finger printing done 9/26 and there has been 2 LUD's on my 485 one on 26th and the other 27th(today). I hope something happens with the AP i need a break from this country and go wondering around in the world:D

LOL a brake from this country!!! How long have you been here? Me 20 years this year and would never want to leave. Btw you guys are lucky you are receiving updates nothing for me after my FP I wonder are they even working on mine. I hope those updates do not indicate that.

I know we are praying AP comes soon, we desperately need it to come by Oct 18!!! It stinks we have to have AP to take a 45 minute drive LOL

LOL a brake from this country!!! How long have you been here? Me 20 years this year and would never want to leave. Btw you guys are lucky you are receiving updates nothing for me after my FP I wonder are they even working on mine. I hope those updates do not indicate that.

I have been here only 11years:eek: I feel I have gypsy blood in me. When I had stamping on my H-1 I travelled every year to diff countries. Now it's been 4 years( been on h-1 extension and didn't wanted to go through the hassel of stamping every year:) and I'm dying to get out and explore. Well don't mind coming back after that short break:D

I have been here only 11years:eek: I feel I have gypsy blood in me. When I had stamping on my H-1 I travelled every year to diff countries. Now it's been 4 years( been on h-1 extension and didn't wanted to go through the hassel of stamping every year:) and I'm dying to get out and explore. Well don't mind coming back after that short break:D

Sounds like fun and I bet it is.

Card Production E-mail

hey everyone i got the magic e-mail card production ordered anyone know hoe long before i recieve card i called uscis and asked why some of us get e-mila saying card ordered and then aproved e-mail she said it ddint make sense y that happens but anyways my EAD is coming i guess im thinking by next week i should have it

I think you get the production ordered and then within 10 days the approval notice is sent out with the card - you can check others time lines too. I am hoping it is soon because I am waiting to give in my notice at work to switch to a different employer who are h1 capped and have been waiting for me since July to get my work auth.