JULY 2001 thread for I-485 Mailers to CSC (from 11/16/2001)

FP notice received

FP notice was received today.
FP notice date: Dec. 08.
Scheduled date: Jan. 10/02
My detail:
wac-01-276xxxxx
rd:jul 23
ND:Sept.6
AP and EAD received (EAD received on Nov. 28)
FP Location: Oakland (i live in fremont)

Does anybody know if I can do FP early at Oakland center?

Thanks,

Finger Prints done...

Hi PCee,

As I posted earlier, I got my FP notice yesterday 12/12/2001, scheduled for 01/17/2002. After reading all the posting I went to San Jose center today 12/13/2001 right in the morning at 8:00 am and got the finger prints done. Please update the summary.

It was breeze. Thanks to all the folks who posted their experiences. Thanks to sumkap for replying to my message.

Now one more question: Since I have done my FP at a different location, do I have to verify if they were sent to right authority... If yes, how do I do that?

Thanks,
Ram.

Got FP notice today: at Oakland, Can I go early ?

Got FP notice for me and my wife. The date specified is Jan 10th 2002. Can I go early and get it done.

Can I go to San Jose to get my early FP done ?

I checked with my lawyer she says, I would have to go to Oakland since I live in the Jurisdiction of the Oakland INS.

please advise what options I have

Where was your original FP location

Where was your original location. I also recvd my FP notice for Oakland, I live in Fremont. can I go to San Jose and get it done instead.

Are there any pros and cons

got it done at San Jose...

I just came back from San Jose after getting my FP done. I was scheduled for 01/17/2002 at Oakland. Since I am going to be in India during that time and from reading the experiences of people, I decided to get it done ahead and went to San Jose. Very nice people work at that center and you won\'t have any problems. Good Luck.

Get it done at San Jose

I think it is better to get it done at San Jose, since they have an inkless system at San Jose.

original FP location was Oakland...

After reading the experiences, I didn\'t even bother to go to Oakland. Regarding the pros and cons, I don\'t know. There are so many people that are doing it. I sent a email to my lawyer yesterday that I am going to San Jose and he responded - if you can get it done fine, else he was going to postpone it for me as I was going to be out of the country during the actual scheduled time.

FP Notice

Received 12/13/01
It shows my priority date as july 12 , 2001 . I am not sure what it
means .
PD 06/98 EB3 India EAD , AP received
MD 07/11
RD 07/12
FP Location Norfolk,Va
scheduled for 01/15/01 . How do i find out if i can do it early ?
Does doing FP early make any difference ?
- saab

Timings for San Jose ASC

Thanks for the tip on early FP ram.

Do you have the timings for San Jose ASC. any best times to go ?

I plan on getting mine done next week.

Some answers for you based on my observations

1. Do not worry about the priority date. Everybody seems to have the same situation. They put your RD down as your PD in the notices.
2. Doing FP early helps. I have seen several cases where cases have gotten approved a little after the scheduled date and a few where it has gotten approved prior to the scheduled date. I have not seen even one case where early FP was detrimental.

timings..

Hi Spe,
All I can say is I went at 8:00 am and there were 14 people ahead of me. I got token 15 and 16 and we were out in 20-25 minutes. To me it looks like it doesn\'t matter when you go... they can handle more than the actual number of appointments that are scheduled for that day. I read someone said he went at noon and there was no one there. So it\'s your call.

And the timings for San Jose ASC are from 8:00 am to 4:00 PM (I am not sure about the closing time). You can search for San Jose ASC in google.

Good Luck.

Talk to IIO on 12/13/01.. regarding FP and AVM message not updated ... FP

we(me and my wife) did our FP on schedule date 11/23/01 , i called FBI on 11/29/01 see FP results have been sent out to ins or not, FBI had sent results back to INS on 11/24/01.
  called INS yesterday and talked with IIO and ask about our fp results..

he ask my receipt#,i gave him my WAC# he pulled out my record saying we have received your fp results on 12/13/01 (which is the day i was talking to IIO)and he said it looks fine nothing to worry about.

then i asked question if you have received it on today then how come the AVM messege has never been updated since the issuance of the FP notice,it still saying the old message of 975-999 days processing time since i filed I-485.then he said because it wasn\'t downloaded in to our system but you \'ll hear it now.
  then i gave him my wife\'s WAC# (after punching the wac# in his computer)he asked for her A#, i gave him her A# then he pulls out records ,saying her FP looks fine every thing looks fine it was received by INS on 12/05/01.

same night after midnight i called INS to see AVM message has been updated or not. in my case it was updated to "fp results has been collected on dec 13 2001 . resume processing blah..blah.. but my wife\'s case it wasn\'t changed it was still saying old message 975-999 days for processing this type of case.....

in short....
     my FP results is in their Local System
     spouse\'s fp results still in National System

meaning for those people whose AVM message has changed after FP done (your fp results have been collected and resume processing...etc. typo message) that means their FP results has been updated in CSC\'s local system..

Did my FP at Oakland on Wednesday 12th Dec.

PD Feb 7 2000
ND Aug 28 2001
Actual FP Schedule Date 26th Dec 2001
FP done on 12th Dec 2001
WAC# 01-269-15XXX

Did FP on scheduled date (12/12) at Oakland

There we no special problems excepting that, they had to do it several times(ridge breaks) till the system passed the prints.
They asked for driver\'s ID, Passport,EAD and FP notice.

Did FP on 12/15 at Oakland scheduled. scheduled for 1/15/2002

WAC 01-277-XXXX.

PCee Please udpate my info

Thanks

You can do your FP early and at any location you want

I did my FP two weeks early to the scheduled date at Oakland.