JULY 2001 thread for I-485 Mailers to CSC (from 11/16/2001)

Thanks sumkap

Yeah I already talked to my lawyer about it. Just wanted to know if there is some other way to know when FP\'s are going to be scheduled. Anyways thanks for you reply.

Ram.

to sumkap

Hi Sumkap...

I just noticed, you finger printed at Oakland and since I live in Alameda, which is right next to Oakland, I believe this is going to be my location as well. So tell me how was your experience as you did it well in advance of the scheduled day. I think I have to do the same if it arrives within the next two weeks. I heard mixed stories about Oakland. It would be nice if you can give me some pointers on how to get it done, like what time is the best to go without the appointment on that day and anything you want to share.

Thanks,
Ram.

Ram Mammudi, Here you go...

I recieved FP notice scheduled at Oakland ASC. As i have seen on board messeges, that Oakland ACS people are not nice, so I went to SanJose ASC, and got it done. Reached there early morning (ASC opens at 8.00 am untill 4.00 pm). So reached there at 7.30 am on Friday morning, saw around 25 people waiting outside the door. So I also stood after them. Advantage of going early to ASC is you avoid traffic on 680 south. you could also go thru 880, then you will hit 101. So, 680 is better anyways. waited for 1/2 hr, security guy came and opened door. he was looking at our hands/ fingers - if there is any cut marks, photo id (drivers liscence), and FP notice. He gave us card board with yellow worksheet to fill in our details. Once inside, we filled in form, and stood in queue. They took FP notice, signed yellow form, and gave us token number & yellow form(our reciept). Then it was just matter of 15-20 minutes, when they started calling our token numbers... and electronically they started taking Finger prints. you shouldnt put any kind of lotion or moisturizer on your hand, and no cut marks anywhere on finger. Thats it. Once QA passes the fingerprints on machine, you are done, all set to get back to work. I have heard from people on this board that in the afternoons, there is no crowd. also SanJose ASC is open on Sat too. They are closed on Sun & Mon though. Hope it helps.

11/21: FP done, 12/06: AVM message changed to "... FP collected ... pending review ..."

around how many days after the message "... pending review ..." did the message change to "... processing has resumed ..." ???

AVM Messages

Folks,

I\'ve been following recent postings on this thread regarding how AVM messages change.

MY AVM message has not changed one bit since receipt ( "Your Application was received .. it takes 975-999 days .. blah blah blah" )
even though I just completed FP last week as per INS schedule !!!! I have received AP but not EAD.

Is this normal or should I begin to get paranoid ?

yup mine too, the message now sez \' fp collected and pending review\'.

Good,,atleast they have received the results back from FBI.

I think this is normal with INS AVMs. For me , I received my AP and EAD cards but it still says that

July 485 mailer, FP done on Dec 12th

EB3/RIR/INDIA/
RD - July 30
ND - Spt 10
AP - Nov 19.
EAD - Nov 27.
FP schd - Dec 12
FP done - Dec 01(PHX)
AVM message - FP collected, pending review on Dec 6 th.

Thanks
BB123

Got RFE for EAD

They need a copy of the I-797 approval notice of my I-140. Simple enough. Don\'t care much about the EAD. Don\'t plan to change jobs and have H1 valid thru 03/31/2002. All I really care about is the I-485 approval. Hopefully the RFE gods will abstain from RFE\'ing me on my 485 application. But, If the dummies who prepared the documentation for my I-765 missed the I-140 approval copy, what might they have missed on the I-485 application. Keeps it interesting.

That would explain it. But Randy, please confirm whether it was actually your EAD that got approved.

Talked to IIO today.

She said that my FP were fine. Also a 2nd investigation was underway. When I asked what that meant, she did not answer directly, but said that for some cases a 2nd investigation was required and mine fell into that category. So case is on the shelf till that is completed. Any idea anybody, what the \'2nd investigation\' means?

surprisingly his ead is already approved according to a previous post

Hmmm..
randy7000 "My EAD approved on 11/20 WAC 01-269 XX ND: Aug 28 Waiting for FP" 11/29/01 5:51pm

Click on the user to see all posts made by him/her.

So randy ...is this the begining of the 485 approvals ?
I can\'t wait ... I am Wac-01-269 jes like U !!

H4 - EAD

Can somebody who is on H4 status get a ssn after they get their
EAD or should wait until GC ?

I am not sure if this question is been answered before .

- Saab .

APS SINGH, what is the AVM message for your FPs. Does it say , pending review or processing has resu