• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

JULY 15 Re-draw Maybe Cancelled!!!!

Lets be optimistic rather than being pessimistic

Guys, let’s be optimistic & wait patiently for July 15th. In the first week of May 2011, when the initial results were available on ESC, NO ONE have it in mind that the results will be rescinded.

What will happen will happen & what wont happen wont happen.

As for me, July 15th will come to past and nothing negatively will happen (class suit n what hav u). Time is really not on their side unless if the US congress intervene.

All well n good, nyce guesswork of u guys!!!!

I don't like this one bit...so tired of waiting. First you submit, wait for 6 months, then see "not selected", a week later they say- "sorry false alarm, just wait some more", and now this..What a nerve-wrecking year this is..
Totally agree. Technically, we have been waiting on the results for 9 months (Oct. 2010 to July 15, 2011-if not extended). Then if we are not selected once again, it would be an extra 2.5 months of wasted freaking time. Hence, they should have honoured the initial results.

Everyone is affected by this drama and is sick of it!!

yes i know, i was saying that the time is almost over... heck, now we know that it is not even sure because we learned that they can void the results so what if because of the lawsuit they void the result again...?
this is a huge huuuuge mess... Add to that that there were 2 cases of DV program when the plaintiff sued the goverment &... actualy won... Can't they come with a win win situation for everybody? Because now because of this lawsuit, everybody could lose... but let us still wait for the OIG annoucement... One official said that DOS were whilling to do whatever the OIG conclude after the review... i think there will still be more to come
I mean since the initial results on May 1st.

Yup, again the lawyer (Mr. White) said that they can cancel it. Therefore, there is a huge chance of this happening. We hope that OIG makes the right decision that will be of benefit to all parties.

Yea, anything could happen. But remember Judges do judge based on facts available before it. All facts available before DV 2012 22k is mis-information, un fairness etc but the DOS law requires that Diversity Immigrant visas be made available through a strictly random process. A computer programming error resulted in a selection that was not truly random.

So i think Judges can’t judge wrongfully on what is against the law that established what is being deliberated upon...The will just ask DOS to follow the right path.

There’s is no emotion in a law court but facts. (DV 2012 22,000 TEARS)

You tell someone he won... He calls you to know if it is sure & you confirm him that he won & he start proceeding... in front of a judge, this is a fact that can & will be used against you
Yea, anything could happen. But remember Judges do judge based on facts available before it. All facts available before DV 2012 22k is mis-information, un fairness etc but the DOS law requires that Diversity Immigrant visas be made available through a strictly random process. A computer programming error resulted in a selection that was not truly random.

So i think Judges can’t judge wrongfully on what is against the law that established what is being deliberated upon...The will just ask DOS to follow the right path.

There’s is no emotion in a law court but facts. (DV 2012 22,000 TEARS)

if you want to play with word... the DV itself is far from random as defined by the book because let us say bangladeshi have a limit of selectees while ivoirian hasen't so the odds are not even the same... that is not random

Results of the 2012 Diversity Lottery that were previously posted on this website have been voided. They were not valid and were posted in error. The results were not valid because they did not represent a fair, random selection of entrants, *AS REQUIRED BY U.S. LAW.

Courts have always ruled to override an existing rule. Interestingly courts even look at the dictionary to determine the meaning of a "word" which is not defined in the rule or statutes. There are several cases that courts have used dictionary to determine the meaning of a word. You can read

"People v. Berlin, 202 Mich. App, 221, 224, 507 N.W.2d 816, 817 (1993). *However, the Michigan Supreme Court has ruled that “the common meaning from a dictionary may be used when terms are clearly not defined in a statute.” *People v. Denio, 454 Mich. 691, 699, 564 N.W.2d 13, 17.

I think the random can go either way so there is no point debating about it.

Even if the winners lose on the issue of random, they can still win the case on case "promissory estoppel" Remember they had an OFFICIAL LETTER from
DoS.

I think we all should not be debating this. Those who didn't win said it was not fair so DoS is doing a new draw. Those who won said DoS can do the draw but they should not void the result. What is so difficult about this when everyone could be served.

We will all be waiting in anxiety for another months if the court places injunction on the July draw. I want us to resolve and move away from this problem soon as possible. It's not worth going through all these drama when there is a simple solution.

I'd prefer not to elaborate about this just yet.

It's one thing to demand your win back because of KCC fault, but another thing to keep mentioning - how randomly you were selected. You weren't, get over it. You have to be blind or in denial to keep saying it was completely random and according to the rules. Even if you get your green card, I don't care but It was never properly random.

if you want to play with word... the DV itself is far from random as defined by the book because let us say bangladeshi have a limit of selectees while ivoirian hasen't so the odds are not even the same... that is not random

What does the limit of selectees have to do with randomness ? The odds vary because countries have different numbers of participants... Anyways, I agree it will never be the "quantum level random", but the thing is it has to be the "according to rules random", which was not carried out..end of story.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hahahahhahaha.... I love reading ToomCraigy's comments... :cool:

Ever since this DV fiasco came up... his posts are phenomenal :)

Hahahahhahaha.... I love reading ToomCraigy's comments... :cool:
Ever since this DV fiasco came up... his posts are phenomenal :)
Unfortunately forum admins don't share your excitement regarding me. My original account (CraigToomy) was banned due to "harsh language" or some BS like that.

Heide Bronke Fulton, a State Department spokeswoman, said Tuesday the department was aware of the "potential" for a lawsuit but could not confirm if the case had actually been filed and would not comment on potential or pending litigation. She said the department had no choice but to invalidate the initial results and hold a redrawing because the first lottery had not been random as required by law.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...8ffssw?docId=8720c4afc5744c40ba6252f1f7fcad87