January Mumbai Interview Thread

Interview date scheduled.

I just spoke to a guy at Mumbai US Consulate and came to know that my interview is scheduled for 30th January 2002.

On asking about PCC, he told me that I have to get it from Indian Consulate here in US. I told him that I would surely apply for one here but as per Indian Consulate, Chicago, it takes 3 months to get PCC. So can I get PCC from local district Head Office (Permanent Address as per PP), for which he adviced me that it "might" work but as far as possible try to get it from Indian Consulate in US.

Congrats AshishV...

My interview too is scheduled for 30th Jan at 10:30am. I got an email from Mumbai. I have made the appointment for medicals at Hinduja on the 28th..As I don\'t belong to Mumbai I am looking for a decent hotel..any suggestions..

Help me reaching Mumbai consulate on phone

I called from 2pm to 4pm IST two nights in a row and all that I got was a busy tone. I tried both numbers 3637407 and 3637408 without luck.
What am I doing wrong? Can you please tell me how to get through?
Thanks
MJ1

Ask somebody from Mumbai to call.

I am also could not get through, but my wife called from Pune and could get through. She got the interview date.

Sanjay

Sanjay

My folks called from Pune and had the same problem.
Am I calling at the righ time?
Thanks
MJ1

MJ1

You are calling at the right time. I think, persistance is the key. Have your family from India call them- it will work. good luck!

MJ1

I continuously called from 2pm till 4:45 pm IST today. I could get through only after 1 hours 45 minutes (may be dialling 3637408 over 100 times..). I also got reply today to my mail which I sent on 13th Nov stating IV interview date 30th January 2002.

cpnewdelhi

I don\'t have information on hotels right now. I am going to stay with my relatives in Ville Parle. But I will let you know if I come across any inf in next couple of days.

I am thinking to go to Lilavati Hospital as it would be very near from Ville Parle. But I am not sure if they get everything done in one day or not. Do you have any inf regarding this issue?

MJ1

Just keep redialing one number. I could get through easily after trying for 25-30 minutes. If you have sent them an email after sending your packet 3 for which you didn\'t receive a response, they will send you a reply now with the interview date. I got a reply to my email at noon yesterday...

AshishV

Lilavati does complete medical in one day. I plan to go to Lilavati too as its closest from Andheri West where my cousin lives.
Good luck
MJ1

AshishV

From whatever I have been reading all the three hospitals complete the medical in one day now(incl. Breach Candy which earlier used to take two days)...

Currently, Lilavati (our first choice) is not scheduling any appointments for Jan...

My sis called them today and they said that she should try sometime next week. So she went ahead and took an appointment for us at Hinduja for Jan 15. I think Jan 14 is \'Makar Sankranti\' and most likely they might not schedule medical exams on that day, though we would have preferred Jan 14 since our CP interview is on Jan 17.

Police Clearance Certficates

Hi Folks

I called up Mumbai Consulate and was informed that
1. I need PCC from Indian COnsulate in USA
2. REginonal Passport Office in India
The Operator insisited that the PCC is REQUIRED

I also inquired abt the processing times in USA and the Times are > 35 Days that is cutting short close to my interview date

I wanted to know has anyone else started this process

How does one get a PCC faster from India ? What is the process there ?
How does when get PCC faster in USA ? Are there any rules that allow that ?

Please HELP