January Mumbai Interview Thread

MJ1

Did you book the tickets? I just got 1 month leave (end of December till start of February) sanctioned by my boss and I was wondering whether I should book the tickets to fly to India by end of December and come back by 1st week of Feb. But before doing that I need to be sure about January interview.

I sent my packet 3 on 11/05, they received it on 11/08 and entered it in system by 11/15. I sent them e-mail twice but did not get any reply from them so I called them on last tuesday and lady told me that I should expect interview in January or early February. I don\'t know when they would be able to tell us atleast the month we can expect our interview.

AshishV

We are in the same boat. Though I am getting the deal, I do not want to buy it yet since I am not sure of the dates.
Besides, I want to get there before the 1st. What if my interview is on the 2nd? Then I would not have enough time for the medicals.
Its a tough choice. I think I will wait till the interview dates come out, even though I may have to pay more then.
MJ1

MJ1

I was wondering whether I should call them sometime these week? I already called them last tuesday. I don\'t know whether they keep track of how many calls a person make. I also saw your problem with NVC. So I am not sure whether to call them or not. Probably I will wait till next week i.e. 1st week of December. What do you suggest?

Your details

Would you pls. let us know when your packet 3 was sent and entered by Consulate in Mumbai. Mine was sent on Oct 18th but I haven\'t heard anything back yet.

VS

What reason did you give to the consulate in fax to get the first week interview.
Please advise.
Thanks

AshishV, cpnewdelhi

AshishV,
Per cpnewdelhi\'s mesg, we may be able to find out the date by Dec 3rd. I suggest we wait till then to find out. That would be a week from today.
I think its worth the wait as far as getting tickets goes.
Good luck to all.
MJ1

VS

Any updates on what you told the consulate to give u the interview for the first week of jan. Please kindly let us know.
thank you very much

IluvGC

Hey,
I just mentioned the fact that I wanted an interview in the first week of Jan in my cover letter for P3.
They seem to entertain such requests, if they are reasonable.
Good luck
MJ1

Medical - Plz help

Hi
Does anyone know the holiday schedule for medicals at Breach Candy hospital or Leelavati? I specifically want to know if they\'re open on December 28th/29th/31st and if it will be possible to get an appointment if we call\'em tomorrow. I want to book my tickets based on that. Plz respond
thanks

VS

I had my cousin check these details out for me yesterday and according to his email, all the three hospitals will be working on Dec 31st and Jan 1st. I did not enquire about the other dates you mentioned.
And yes, you should be able to get appointments if you called them tomorrow. Make sure you call them during the hours mentioned in the medical exams section of the Mumbai consulate webpage.
Good luck
MJ1

In response to my query in the December mumbai board regarding the dates ...

specification by email and operators of consulate, following is the reply to my below mentioned question...
December Mumbai CPers. Please help us to share your information...
Posted By: IluvGC 11/27/01 7:00 PM
(#325 of 330)
so that we Jan or Feb CPers do not reinvent the wheel.
Guys, we would like to ask you experienced people that the how true were the dates of interview told to you people by the consulate people before the dates were being published on their website?. i.e. if they told you earlier that your interview will be held in say 2nd/3rd week of december, how far it was true?. Please kindly let us know. This will enable us to ascertain our dates too and also help us to book tickets & other such things.We appreciate your help. Good luck for your CP interview.
Cheers

131.2 Accurate
Posted By: AAAK_2001 11/28/01 11:11 AM
(#329 of 330)
Email Inquiry (after Packet 3 reaching consulate)
I sent an email to the consulate after my Packet 3 reached them (1st week of October). I got an email response in the 3rd week of October, stating that my interview would most likely be scheduled in December.
Telephone Inquiry (3rd week of November)
Around the 10th of November, I called the Mumbai consulate and was informed about the date/time of my interview (3rd week of December).

Mumbai Consulate Web site Published Interview Dates
Around the 20th of November (delayed probably due to Diwali holidays), the consulate posted the interview dates. The information given to me over the telephone was completely accurate.

Good Luck...

IluvGC

So if they said first or second week, then chances are that the interview will be in the first or second week. Am I reading this right?
Thanks
MJ1

MJ1, IluvGC

From the reply that you got and from reading the Oct., Nov. and Dec. threads, mostly 99% of the time the interviews are scheduled as per what the operator says. But there has been a case where it was not so..I think it would be better to wait a week to know for sure..

I doubt whether such major hospitals will be closed for the Christmas holidays...

at the most they (Immigrant Visa Medical Exam Unit) might be closed on Christmas day (12/25). But you might want to call them and confirm that.

skarekat, Vallabhaneni Suresh, MJ1

Can we take appointments for medicals in any hospital we want to choose or will the hospital name be specified in the packet 4?.
Pls. advise.
Thanks

IluvGC

Hey buddy,
You can choose any hospital.
I will be choosing Lilavati as my cousin lives in Andheri (West) and Lilavati is closest to his house. I am not originally from Mumbai.
Good luck
MJ1