January Mumbai Interview Thread

PCC from India

I spoke thrice to different operators in Mumbai today and all of them insisted that we require PCC from India as per new rules/requirement. They said we should apply at the local Indian Embassy in US for a PCC from the regional passport office and also from the local police station of your place of residence in India. Personally, I am going to call up Chicago and have also asked my folks in India to check up, but am not going to sweat too much if I don\'t manage to get one.

cpnewdelhi

I m not sure what the hell is happening ...they told my folks
very clearly ... that we do NOT require the police cert !!
I called the NVC too , and they said they did not know of any rule changes , but to confirm with the consulate.

I called the Indian embassy in NYC , they said they can issue
police certs , but it will take at least 45 days .
Considering the fact that I ll have my i/v date some time in the
middle of Jan , I m not even sure its worth applying for a PCC in the
US ( via the inidan embassy ) .

The fact of the matter is , that we have not been officially informed.
No official web sitre or document says so .
In the OF 169 form that we sent Mumbai , we said we have all the documents in our possession and are ready for the interview .
At the that point( perhaps even right now ) , police certs for India
were not needed.
I m going to wait it out .. lets see if any of the early Jan Cp \'ers get asked for the PCC , or if we do indeed get informed officially.
If anything happens , I ll get someone in bbay to go to the Worli
passport office in bbay , pay a bribe ( thats how things work there ) and get a PCC .
Until then , theres no need to get stressed out . We ve come so far .. we can deal with this as well .

All this crap will end soon and we ll all be free

wantAgc

I agree with you completely..everyone who has called up is getting a different answer. Moreover, for others who have stayed in a third country have already received a official letter from the embassy to obtain a PCC from that third country. I\'ll try to see if I can get one but am surely not going to loose sleep over it.

wantAgc, cpnewdelhi

I am not sure I agree with the whole "not going to lose sleep" thing. Would you want your interview to get screwed up? I guess not, after putting in so much time and effort.
The truth is we all need to get to the crux of the matter, quick and fast. I am sure getting the PCC in India won\'t be a big deal, but if we need it, we better start working on it. I hope you guys agree.
In my case, I have requested a first week of Jan interview and I will DEFINITELY let you guys know if I am asked for the PCC.
Please post any further info that becomes available.
MJ1

IluvGC: Yes, as MJ1 said you can take an appointment with any hospital...

listed in P4, viz., Breach Candy, Lilavati, or Hinduja.

After reading all the posts

about PCC being required I went back and checked
the forms/instructions in Pkt3 (from NVC)
In the supplemental OF169 sheet, in list of countries
from which PCC is NOT required, INDIA is not included.
Which means, they can always say that the Pkt 3 instructed us to get
the PCC from India.

I was hoping the sheet would say we don\'t need one, and we could use that to say we were
never informed.
But now things look different don\'t know how to get PCC before Jan.

gh2

What about the US embassy web site that says we do not need a PCC ?

MJ1 .. i agree with you ..better safe than sorry .
I ve requested a Jan end date .

Also , plz check your private messages.

MJ1

The only reason I said \'wont lose sleep\' is because as I see it we have three options:
1. Get the PCC\'s required
2. Postpone the interview till we get a PCC
3. Just hope this is all a rumour and they won\'t ask or insist for PCC. At the same time try for a PCC from India atleast.

I am more inclined to opt for the third one..:)

Is PCC from Passport office in India enough

Hi
Is PCC from Passport office in India suffice? do we still need PCC from all the towns we lived in India since aged 16? Plz respond.
thanks

generally they start sending the p4 at around 8 of dec each month

Somebody in the mammoth pcc thread now says pcc not required!.

Dates for JAN are decided...

I called up today around 3:45pm IST and found out that my interview is scheduled for the 30th of Jan..This comes as a surprise because they had intially said it would be during the first or second week of Jan...Can I get them to change it now?

I spent 20 mins at 4.30 AM today

But could not get thru .. line was busy ..
damn those stupid MTNL phone lines !!

AshishV

I\'ll post the details on CP tracker today..
NVC sent P3: 22nd Oct.
I sent P3: 1st Nov.
Recd by Mumbai on 7th Nov.
I think they entered it into their system on: 8th Nov.

I was hoping for a 1st or 2nd week of Jan and had blocked the tickets acordingly after getting confimation for Mumbai.