January Mumbai Interview Thread

p3 reached Mumbai on Nov 20th

Here are my details:

NVC sent p3 to Mumbai: Nov 6th
My p3 reached Mumbai: Nov 20th(according to Fadex)

I sent them a email requesting a Jan interview.
What are my chances?
Should I call them to find it out?

thanks.

Most probably you might get a Feb interview, unless they listen to your request...

and there are vacant slots available for Jan.

skarekat

I called up 3637408..I got thru. after trying for 15 to 20 minutes. All they need is your BMBXXXXX number.

Is it sufficient to have just IRS tax transcripts for the interview or

do we need to carry with us all the 1040 forms which we had prepared to fill in our tax. Please post your answer, as depending on that I can eliminate all the unnecessary 1040 paper burden.
Please advise

IluvGC: Carry your tax transcripts and corresponding transaction reports...

that you can request along with the transcripts. The trascripts contain exactly what was in your return, and the transaction report contains the transactions against your account, i.e., refunds recvd, payments made, etc. Together they make a complete set and is sufficient proof that you have been paying your taxes regularly.

IluvGC: Carry your tax transcripts and corresponding transaction reports...

that you can request along with the transcripts. The transcripts contain exactly what was in your return, and the transaction report contains the transactions against your account, i.e., refunds recvd, payments made, etc. Together they make a complete set and is sufficient proof that you have been paying your taxes regularly. You could also carry photocopies of your returns but then that\'ll be invariably cumbersome with all the W-2\'s, etc. If you carry the transcripts and the transaction reports it\'ll make a uniform set that is much easier to carry.

I just called mumbai

After 45 mins of trying ..on a cold new jersey morning ...

They said I will get an appointment in Febuary now !!
When I called last week they said it will be in January.
Anyway ..
Spoke to an Indian lady.
After I gave her the BMB number , She cribbed saying "You have called up before , havent you". I explained that my parents have called before , I havent.

Anyway ..she goes on to say that , all the FBI name check clearances only went thru on Nov 27 2001 and thats why the delay .

She said I can send a fax and an e mail to request an early Feb date , if I want one. ( They still havent replied to my email from Nov 19 !! )

As for PCC , she said in light of Sep 11 , from Jan they have begun to ask for PCC. She said get it from the NY consulate. When I explained that there might not be enough time .. she said that you can fax or e mail an explanation to us if you dont have time.
This led me to believe that PCC might not be compulsory ..altho she would not say so.

So much for the miserable life of a budding immigrant. Hurdles on every step of the way !! But I did nt come so far to fail now .. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Just called the US Consulate in Mumbai...

My interview is scheduled for Jan 17, 2002. I asked them about the PCC ("I have lived only in India and the US, do I need the PCC.", to which the lady said "Yes"). She said the PCC from IndiaCGNY is good enough. Now gotta hunt for air tickets. Anyone know of any good deals to Mumbai? Any good travel agents to recommend? Thanks.

Inteview on Jan 23rd

My family called the consulate this AM and found out that my interview is on Jan 23rd. Anybody else on the same day?

Interview Date on January 2nd

After trying for about 1 hour, I finally managed to talk to a guy operator and he told me that 2nd January is THE day and also that NO PCC is required !!!!

How many days for medicals?

I guess all the three hospitals give report on the same day? Is that right? So, if I reach a couple of days before the interview, will that be ok? Since it is mid Jan, getting days off will be a big problem for me.

waitnwatch

Congrats!!
Did you ask for an early interview? When did you P3 reach Mumbai?
I asked for an early interview too and mine reached on Nov 7th and I am hoping I will get an early interview.
Please post.
Thanks
MJ1

MJ1

I did request them an early interview. Mine is AC-140, and my AC-140/P3 reached on October 29th, entered in system on November 5th, resent the P3 and it reached on November 9th.

I think they will give you early date, most probably !

same day gc interview

just called mumbai consulate yesday..My interview scheduled for 23-jan

my interview is on Jan 28th

I called the consulate this morning and the operator told me I\'m scheduled for an interview on Jan 28th. Earler I\'ve sent in a request for early Jan interview and I was told earlier that "In all possibility, I will be getting an interview in the first week of Jan". I\'ve booked the tickets for last week of december but now I\'ve to re-schedule. About PCC, she told me that I should bring PCC from
(1) Passport office
(2) Local Police Station
I\'ve got mine today at Consulate General Office in NewYork and applied for my wife\'s PCC. They told it will take 30 days for her. I\'m also trying to get PCC from Local Police Station and I now got the time too for that.

Vallabhaneni

When did you apply for PCC at CGO in NY?

And what did you have to do?

Do you also know whether I can get it directly from the passport issuing office in India? Or I HAVE to get it through consulate?

Please respond.

waitnwatsh

At CGO in NY, PCC is issued in ONE DAY if the passport has been issued by them which was my case. So I got my PCC in one day. However, if the passport has been issued in India they will issue PCC only after they get clearance from India and hence it will take 30 days(that\'s what they told for my wife\'s PCC). To apply for a PCC, you\'ve to take your passport, fill Miscellaneous form(with one passport), a copy of your passport and pay $11.00. If the passport has been issued by them, they will KEEP the original with them and in the evening after 4:30 PM, will issue you PCC and return your passport. If the passport has not been issued by them, they will review all the forms and return your passport and give a receipt and phone#. When they get clearance from the passport office in India which issued your passport, then you have to go again with your passport and collect the PCC. I\'m not sure in the latter case, if you must deposit your passport and collect it in the evening(I guess I will now when my wife collects her PCC). Hope this helps