January Mumbai Interview Thread

Tickets to India in last week of December - Any ideas

Hi
I will be getting an interview in the first week of January, I\'ve requested in the first week by sending fax to the consuate. I\'ve called the consulate last night and the reply was "In all possibility you will be getting an interview in the first week of Jan, call in the first week of december to know the exact date". I\'m planning to travel in the last week of Dec and fly back around 6th Jan. I\'ve couple of travel agents but they say no chance of flying on those dates. I\'m willing to change any number of flights to fly between those dates. Any pointers on what airlines I could try?
thanks

VS

Hi,
I am also expecting first week of Jan interview.
Pls keep us posted if you get good tickets fro last week of Dec.
I am told last week should not be a big problem.
What has your experience been so far?
Thanks
MJ1

$1550 with taxes is the cheapest so far

MJ1,
1550 is the cheapest I cud get so far. Did u hear from the consulate that you\'re getting an interview in early Jan?
thanks

MJ1 - one more question

Hi MJ1
I\'m making travel arrangement based on that word. They said "In all possibility you will get an interview in the first week of January". Do you think the date is 100% reliable?
thanks

VS

I am getting tickets going out Dec 30, reaching 1st Jan early morning and coming back 16th night reaching 17th Jan Chicago-Mumbai-Chicago on Lufthansa for $1309 per person. These are confirmed.
Call Tradewings travel at 773-764-2300 and ask for Fazal.
Hope this helps.
MJ1

MJ1

How sure we can be about the word from the consulate operator that the interview will be held in the time they had specified?.
Please advise

IluvGC

I think we can be pretty sure.
I was told first two weeks and I am going by that.
If that changes, we will be in bad shape, but we ma be able to request then, and they might comply.
Thats our best shot.
I am also facing the same dilemma. I am getting the tickets, but I do not know if I shud buy at this time.
I have to make a decision by Monday.
What are your thoughts?
Thanks
MJ1

MJ1

Am in the same boat. My p3 was entered on 19th nov.
Operator told me it is a jan interview.
But i did not ask her the date. will ask her soon and try to reserve tickets. I do not think we have any other choice.
Lets be optimistic! and god shall help us!!

MJ1

I talked to the operator on 23rd, and she confimed my case was entered on 8th NOvemeber and most likely I shall be scheduled for first or second week of Jan...Any idea when would be able to learn the exact date...

Operator said 1st or 2nd week of Jan on one day and next day said Jan or Feb

When I called the operator last Monday, I was told either 1st or 2nd week of Jan. When I called again the next day to find out when will we know for sure, I was told it will be either in Jan or Feb.

Leads me to beleive that the operators do not have a clue until the powers to be put out the final list.

When I requested her for first week of Jan, she wanted a letter by fax with reasons for the same. Other than self-convinence (making travel agents, minimal unpaid leave etc), I cannot think of any reason. Suggestions ???

Regarding exact date, she said call next week (end of Nov) or first week of Dec.

She did mention that the interviews are alloted on a first-come(??) basis !!!!

Going by the trend, aren\'t most E(x) interviews held during the second half of the month ?

Cheers
DJ

Wife\'s BC in Hindi ...

Hi folks, I received an email from the Mumbai Consulate confirming a Jan interview.

I have all the docs ready except my wife\'s BC is in Hindi.
This needs to be translated.

Question:
Where does one get it translated ? (India/US- by whom?)
Does the translation need to be notarized ?

Also, any of you guys taking tax transcripts. ? Where does one get that ?

Thx !

Ash Cool

Ash Cool

The translated BC can be done in affidavit format by one of the parents with the help of an attorney.
Mine is in Marathi and my dad got it translated and created an affidavit out of the original.
This is fairly standard procedure in India. Anybody can help you with this.

About tax transcripts, there is an 800 number floating around, please follow prompts to order. And order soon, as it may take up to a few weeks to get them. I got mine in less than two weeks. You will need transcripts for the last three years.
Good luck
MJ1

ILuv GC ..please check private messages

Hi

My packet 3 was also entered in their
system on Nov 19 ( Mumbai ).
My parenst called them and were told
to expect an i/v date in the middle of Jan. I m going to hold off on tickets until I can confirm the dates .
I need to get married at the same time too .. makes matters even more complex.. I ve already had a civil wedding here ..so at least my wife can go for Cp with me ( her name is on PKt 3) .

I am in the NY area .

Thanks

Ash Cool - Don\'t worry about translation. Relax

According to Ron Gotcher of Imminfo.com, we don\'t need any translation in the native country as under-

Topic: Birth Certificate (1 of 2), Read 144 times
Conf: Consular Immigrant Visa Issues
Date: Wednesday, July 18, 2001 09:03 AM

I am going for CP to New Delhi Consulate. I have a birth certificate in my own language. What do I need to get done so that this birth certificate is acceptable.

Topic: Birth Certificate (2 of 2), Read 94 times
Conf: Consular Immigrant Visa Issues
Date: Friday, July 20, 2001 10:02 AM

You don\'t need to do anything. If the language is spoken natively in the country where you are processing, you do not need a translation.

Ron Gotcher
Gotcher, Richmond & Associates, LLP
Attorneys at Law
15300 Ventura Boulevard., Suite 507
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403

Tel: 818-990-4922
Fax: 818-990-4964
e-mail: JRG@Gotcher-Richmond.com

Notwithstanding any express or implied comments in the body of this message, nothing herein should be construed as legal advice, solicitation of legal services, or the creation of an attorney-client relationship. If you have a complex problem, you should seek individual legal representation from a competent immigration lawyer.

wantagc

Your wife alone can not go for cp. You are the primary applicant and u need to be present for cp. As long as you have a civil wedding and can produce marriage certificate you are OK!. You need not worry. CP is for you as u r the primary applicant. Your wife will just tag along with you as a dependent.
Relax and have a good one.
BTW sent a email to your hotmail id!.
Thanks

iLuvGC

Thx for the reply .. I ll check my hotmail after I get home.
I m sorry , was unclear earlier.
I will go with my wife for CP. ( I know she cannot go by herself ).
I was just concerned about the mariage cert issues raised earlier.
My wife and I live in different states , and we have not had a
hindu wedding yet. I know its a non issue since I do have a NJ
marriage cert. Was just worried cause I ve seen postings of
people being asked for marriage pictures etc .

later

MJ1

From whatever I have been reading and following the dates should most probably be out after the first Monday of the month i.e. after 3rd December. I plan to call again on the 5th or 6th December...