January 2010 Filers, post here

Rabin, you had your interview on April 7th 2010, i had mine on May 4th 2010( a week later). i had my first card production on the same day (may 4th) , you had yours the same day as well (April 27th). By coincidence we are getting our second card production on May 12th with May 11th card production . i believe they held every card production orders until May 11th (release day of the new Green card), so that we can all get the new released card.

Leloup1169 and Rabin,

I had my interview on 7th May 2010 and everything was went off fine and IO told that we are going to get mails in 10 days time. Today is the 6th day after the interview and so far no updates online status either hard or soft LUD. On going through this Jan thread, many people who had their interviews had either immediately or a day after got their status updated or so. But for me nothing of that sort happend so far. I am too early to think or anxious I am not sure. Delay may be because of new GC process initiated from May 11th onwards, If that being the case, can any one of you guys tell what is the reasonable time to wait before calling 1 800 to check. Is it Ok to call or how much time do I need to wait.
Appreciate you all if you have anything to tell.

Congrats to all who got their GC's and updated their status online and best of luck for Balyan for his coming interview. I think for Jan filers, Balyan's interview is yet to finish.

Narayan

Just be a little patient, is gonna take some more few days, due the new card, but at the end all of us gonna receive it. That's is why they give you the i-766 card, to, in the middle time, continue with your life, get a SSN, a drivers license, start to work, etc... That's what I did, and waiting patiently for my final GC. Best of luck to all!

i did my interview april 20th n i only gotten 1 update from the 21st n thats it,no more updates.so i been waiting over 23days,so i think ur pretty good with time.it usually takes 2weeks,so dont give up,ull get it probably next week.dont waste your time and call the 1800 number bcuz they only gona tell u to call back in 90days.

Just be a little patient, is gonna take some more few days, due the new card, but at the end all of us gonna receive it. That's is why they give you the i-766 card, to, in the middle time, continue with your life, get a SSN, a drivers license, start to work, etc... That's what I did, and waiting patiently for my final GC. Best of luck to all!

My father who is in India in terminally ill and I cannot travel because of my status. I only can go only if I have GC on hand. I did not apply AP due to 10 year visa ban.
That is the only reason for my GC.

Thanks
Narayan

Fushy all you got to show is your passport with ur I-551 stamp that the IO gave u on your interview day. If you have an old SS card bring it with u also. they will keep it. At this point wait until Saturday you should be getting your GC. they were all mailed out on Tuesday may 11th. then you can take that card to update your SS.

Do we need to get a new SSN# after getting conditional GC? I already have one based on my work visa.

Our interview was done this morning, and status is Further Review.

Looks like there the doctor missed 3 check boxes on my spouse's GC medical records. We were asked to take it back to the doctor, have him fill it, sign n date, and mail that back to USCIS. Very disappointed, not sure how much time this will take.

We did all those and sent to USCIS - San Francisco by FedEx overnight. Hopefully we hear something soon.

-JS.

Thanks Leloup!
I am wondering if we HAVE to change the SSN card since the actual number remains the same. At least I think it does.

Fushy all you got to show is your passport with ur I-551 stamp that the IO gave u on your interview day. If you have an old SS card bring it with u also. they will keep it. At this point wait until Saturday you should be getting your GC. they were all mailed out on Tuesday may 11th. then you can take that card to update your SS.

Hi achill,

I am in a similar situation as you.

I have an EB3-India case pending since July 2007. Got married and applied my FB case in March 2010. Got Biometrics done again in 4/9/2010.
Waiting for my EB case to be transfered to local office and for my interview notice. I would really appreciate it, if you post your timeline here.
When you got your biometrics done, when your eb case got transfered , did you notice an LUD on your EB case when they transfered it to local office ? and when you got your interview notice ?

It would be really helpful if you post your detailed timeline of both your cases here.

Thanks much!

Fushy, the SSN never change. You will have the same number your entire life. the thing with SSN is that you got to keep updating it since it helps you establish proof of your status to the governments agencies.
1-----SSN: Authorized to work with USCIS EAD card
2----- Unrestricted SSN card (When you become LPR)
3----- Last update when you become USC.
I , for example just updated my Everify I-9 at my employer HR, from EAD to LPR with just my new SSN card and my driver's licence. No need to show my Green card. It went thru ok . i don't need to update it anymore.

Our interview experience:

We had our interview on 13th May 10:25 AM at San Francisco AOS. We arrived at 10:15 and was called in around 11 AM. We are interviewed by a nice woman. She asked for our IDs and passports. She went over I-485 questions and kept taking notes while we were answering the questions. At the end of it, she asked to sign the stamp on I-485 to confirm the number of notes she has taken on it.

Then she asked us to provide any supporting documents that we have to support our marriage. We gave her our lease docs, bank statements, both of our 401K beneficiary letters, Medical and Dental cards, 2009 tax docs, credit cards and a small album we made for the interview containing photos from various occasions over last 3 years. We carried marriage photo album too which she went over. She made copies of all the cards and returned us the originals.

She didn't bother to ask for our birth certificates or marriage certificate or salary slips or tax documents.

Then came the bummer.

She took out a form which said that our case is assigned for further review because of incomplete I-693. Looks like surgeon we went to, missed out couple of drug related questions on page 3. There are questions pertaining to drug with Class A/B conditions. The surgeon marked it as "NA", where as it has to be marked as "No Class A/B condition". She gave us Form-72 - form for any discrepancies for I-693. She highlighted those questions and told us to go back to the surgeon and get the questions answered properly with initials and date next to it. She was nice to suggest that if we can get the form back to her by post in next couple of days, she will hold onto our file and process it as soon as she gets the document. Officially we had 30 days to get it done.

Only silver lining was she kept the EAD and told us that it will take 30 days to get our green card after she gets corrected I-693. She told my husband that it shouldn't be a problem since he has his H1-B active.

We came out and immediately contacted the surgeon who gave us the appointment right away. In next couple of hours we could go to him and get the I-693 corrected and send it back to AOS via fed ex overnight. I got a fed ex confirmation that the document reached AOS.

On 17th May morning, i got an email stating that Card production ordered. It was a big relief.

Thanks to all the folks on this forum who helped us do this by all by ourselves without the attorney.

-JS

congrats to you. me and realcool is still waiting for atleast a update.no update since the day of our interview which was april 20th n everyone else got atleast card production order.i wonder what went wrong

Last edited by a moderator:
I did not get an email about card production order or similar... just a touched online on my cases a couple of days after the interview. Just we need a little more of patience. After one month from the interview date, if I didn't got something, I will make a Infopass to query the issue.
Best regards and congratulations to all

I did not get an email about card production order or similar... just a touched online on my cases a couple of days after the interview. Just we need a little more of patience. After one month from the interview date, if I didn't got something, I will make a Infopass to query the issue.
Best regards and congratulations to all

when was your interview and how long did they tell u to wait

on April 19, and i needed to send my kids birth certificates, which i did a few days after. since them, nothing. I just waiting, hoping this week get some news from them, and if not, next week infopass.

on April 19, and i needed to send my kids birth certificates, which i did a few days after. since them, nothing. I just waiting, hoping this week get some news from them, and if not, next week infopass.

where did you do your interview.i did mine some days after you and fancygirl the next day.they ask me for my child birth certificate and i had it with me so they took it.so they told us,we will hear from them in mail.

Interview update: Finally, there is light at the end of the tunnel!

Our Interview Experience:
Our appointment was at 08:00 am and were called in a few minutes right after. No smile, no response to my greetings. We both thought that this is going to be a tough one...

IO got us with the intial rituals of telling the truth and then asked for the ID’s and Passport for all of us. While he was flipping through the documents, he asked for basic information like name and current address. Then asked for a copy of our son’s birth certificate. Then went through the I-485 & G-325A, confirmed answers with my wife. Then asked for supporting commingling financial documents… I pulled out the big binder and he was looking me with a big grin. I pulled out copies of the bank accounts, beneficiary & insurance documents. Then he pulled out the I-94 card and stapled it to the I-485 form and mentioned that this is our property now. He asked us to sign the application and advised that he is recommending approval of the application and we should receive the GC in a few weeks.

He was very serious all the way through, never smiled, no small talk but very professional. We both thanked him and then he walked us out.

I am very thankful to each one of you for the support to go through the process. The forum helped kept our bearings and being well prepared. Will definitely be around… :D

Our Interview Experience:
Our appointment was at 08:00 am and were called in a few minutes right after. No smile, no response to my greetings. We both thought that this is going to be a tough one...

IO got us with the intial rituals of telling the truth and then asked for the ID’s and Passport for all of us. While he was flipping through the documents, he asked for basic information like name and current address. Then asked for a copy of our son’s birth certificate. Then went through the I-485 & G-325A, confirmed answers with my wife. Then asked for supporting commingling financial documents… I pulled out the big binder and he was looking me with a big grin. I pulled out copies of the bank accounts, beneficiary & insurance documents. Then he pulled out the I-94 card and stapled it to the I-485 form and mentioned that this is our property now. He asked us to sign the application and advised that he is recommending approval of the application and we should receive the GC in a few weeks.

He was very serious all the way through, never smiled, no small talk but very professional. We both thanked him and then he walked us out.

I am very thankful to each one of you for the support to go through the process. The forum helped kept our bearings and being well prepared. Will definitely be around… :D

Congrats Balyan, keep us posted with the rest of the process.

If I am not mistaken Lexin is the last to rec'd a green card, did anyone else rec'd there card.

- El Hacha: 04/19 ,Fancyjagirl: 04/20,Realcool1: 04/22 they told us we hear from them in 30days El hacha 30days is starting 2day let see what will happen,NO GC yet