January 2010 Filers, post here

realcool im sorry to hear that u couldnt make ur trip, i also had a trip planned.at the end of the interview i asked if i can get the stamp but he said no bcuz the application is still pending,he said if i wanted to travel i should get a ap but it would slow the process of the decision for the greencard so i didnt even bother to apply for it.we should keep it touch and see what happens.did u sign any form,i did and he explained that i should apply to remove the condition after 1year n 9months of the date that i got approve,well if i get approved.im just hanging in there,i hope we will get it soon.

rabin, i went to the social security office and they filled out the form n everything n they asked for my i-94 n i told them that the IO took it at my interview and she said i couldnt get it without it.i had my work permit n my passport but they still wouldnt accept it,which sucks.

I did not sign any form,the interview was less than 10min.she only ask me if i applied for Advance parole and told me not to travel till i get the GC.very simple and short

January Filers' Interview Date:
- KoalaBear: 04/07 - DONE.
- Eiredpf: 04/08 - DONE
- Toro12: 04/08 - DONE
- Chicagomixed: 04/12 - DONE
- Mmamminna: 04/12 - DONE
- Lexin: 04/15 - DONE
- El Hacha: 04/19 - DONE, maybe?
- Fancyjagirl: 04/20 - DONE
- Realcool1: 04/22 (filed on December 09-RFE)
- Rabin: 04/27 --Done
- Fushy: 05/03---Done
- Leloup1169: 05/04---Done
- Narayan: 05/07
- Balyan: 05/18

Narayan,Good luck at your interview to tomorrow

- KoalaBear: 04/07 - DONE.
- Eiredpf: 04/08 - DONE
- Toro12: 04/08 - DONE
- Chicagomixed: 04/12 - DONE
- Mmamminna: 04/12 - DONE
- Lexin: 04/15 - DONE
- El Hacha: 04/19 - DONE, maybe?
- Fancyjagirl: 04/20 - DONE
- Realcool1: 04/22 (filed on December 09-RFE)
- Rabin: 04/27 --Done
- Fushy: 05/03---Done
- Leloup1169: 05/04---Done
- Narayan: 05/07

Narayan,Good luck at your interview to tomorrow

please update my interview as done.to help others

My interview was done, but they asked for my kids birth certificates, which I already sent them more than one week ago, but still didn't hear anything from them. It's that normal? In the middle time I have my SSN and my driver's license, so I can't continue with my life, but a little worried about the GC. I will post any news when I will get them. Good Luck to all, and best regards.

please update my interview as done.to help others

Hello everyone! so here's our interview experience.

We arrived at the about half an hour before our interview. We brought literally everything. 20 minutes after 8:00 my name was called and was greeted by an American aged in late 45 . He has directed us to his room stood and sworn to tell the truth. As soon as we sat down she asked for our ID,passport as we were digging for it he asked me what the name of my spouse was, where we met, where we got married, if i know my spouse parents and just went thru the I-485 questions. The entire interview didnt even last 20 minutes. He took I-94 from passport and stapled to Interview letter and told from today onwards this I-94 belongs to our property and that is why he has taken out from the passport. He asked usual questions on Yes/No, later asked our joint eveidence proof I have shown Insurance certificates ( Health and Auto) and bank statements and other utuliti bills etc. He has taken and asked our photos I have nearly 10 or 15 I told him you can keep all those if you would, then he has taken an envelope from his drawer and kept all photos alongwith other documents and finally told that we will get notice in weeks time. We were happy and told Thanks. Got relieved from pressure. I hope all your prayers and good wishes really worked well and on behalf of my wife and me we sincerely thank everyone in this forum who has given us encourgement and confidence for preparing the interview and their experiences.
Special thanks to Realcool1, Rabin, Lexin Koalabear.
Thank you very much guys once again
I will update my status as soon as I hear from them.
Good luck to all remaining especially Balyan.

Narayan

We arrived at the about half an hour before our interview. We brought literally everything. 20 minutes after 8:00 my name was called and was greeted by an American aged in late 45 . He has directed us to his room stood and sworn to tell the truth. As soon as we sat down she asked for our ID,passport as we were digging for it he asked me what the name of my spouse was, where we met, where we got married, if i know my spouse parents and just went thru the I-485 questions. The entire interview didnt even last 20 minutes. He took I-94 from passport and stapled to Interview letter and told from today onwards this I-94 belongs to our property and that is why he has taken out from the passport. He asked usual questions on Yes/No, later asked our joint eveidence proof I have shown Insurance certificates ( Health and Auto) and bank statements and other utuliti bills etc. He has taken and asked our photos I have nearly 10 or 15 I told him you can keep all those if you would, then he has taken an envelope from his drawer and kept all photos alongwith other documents and finally told that we will get notice in weeks time. We were happy and told Thanks. Got relieved from pressure. I hope all your prayers and good wishes really worked well and on behalf of my wife and me we sincerely thank everyone in this forum who has given us encourgement and confidence for preparing the interview and their experiences.

Narayan

let us know as soon as you get the card production mail,i have not seen mine yet

Congratulations Narayan!

Very good to hear of your interview and thanks for the good wishes... Right now, working hard to get all the documents together. 10 more days to go and double checking that we have all the ducks in order. :) More soon...

Narayan
Congrats Narayan.

Narayan

Can anyone tell when online status change will take place? I have seen some of them got changed in a day or two. I thought by evening there will be a message about the status.

Can anyone tell when online status change will take place? I have seen some of them got changed in a day or two. I thought by evening there will be a message about the status.

Be more explanatory,where are you checking last update or case touch.

Toro12, Chicagomixed and Lexin already rec'd there GC did anyone else got there card?

Another question, some people are ask to sign some sort of paper while some don't at the end of there interview, anyone knows what that is about?

- KoalaBear: 04/07 - DONE.-----
- Eiredpf: 04/08 - DONE-----
- Toro12: 04/08 - DONE----- Rec'd GC on 04/17/10.
- Chicagomixed: 04/12 - DONE-----Rec'd GC on 04/22/10.
- Mmamminna: 04/12 - DONE---------
- Lexin: 04/15 - DONE----- Rec'd GC on 04/28/10.
- El Hacha: 04/19 - DONE, maybe?--------
- Fancyjagirl: 04/20 - DONE-----
- Realcool1: 04/22 (filed on December 09-RFE)------
- Rabin: 04/27 --Done-----
- Fushy: 05/03---Done-----
- Leloup1169: 05/04---Done-----
- Narayan: 05/07-Done.-----

Last edited by a moderator:
@rabin,im not sure but i did sign a paper at the end of the interview.i think when you sign the paper it confirms that you understand that you should file to remove the conditional greencard after the 1year n 9months.well after he explained the process of how to file it after that date,he asked if i understand what he was saying n i said yes n he asked me n my husband to sign it.another thing, he said filed after 1year n 9months after the date on the paper,but there wasnt any date on there,so i asked him to what date,he said the date is not on there yet bcuz he didnt approve the case just yet,he gotta review it n make a decision within 30days. they are so confusing, drives me crazy. i called the 1800 number to see the update but they told me that my field office is only doing october case,which is ridiculous.

Toro12, Chicagomixed and Lexin already rec'd there GC did anyone else got there card?

Another question, some people are ask to sign some sort of paper while some don't at the end of there interview, anyone knows what that is about?

- KoalaBear: 04/07 - DONE.-----
- Eiredpf: 04/08 - DONE-----
- Toro12: 04/08 - DONE----- Rec'd GC on 04/17/10.
- Chicagomixed: 04/12 - DONE-----Rec'd GC on 04/22/10.
- Mmamminna: 04/12 - DONE---------
- Lexin: 04/15 - DONE----- Rec'd GC on 04/28/10.
- El Hacha: 04/19 - DONE, maybe?--------
- Fancyjagirl: 04/20 - DONE-----
- Realcool1: 04/22 (filed on December 09-RFE)------
- Rabin: 04/27 --Done-----
- Fushy: 05/03---Done-----
- Leloup1169: 05/04---Done-----
- Narayan: 05/07-Done.-----

if the IO is 100% sure they have approved your GC they will ask you to sign a document stating you will renew you temporary GC in 1yr9 month time.
if you didnt sign that means your case need a review by a supervisor...........................................i didn't sign any form also.

rabin haven't you receive the welcome notice via mail.

if the IO is 100% sure they have approved your GC they will ask you to sign a document stating you will renew you temporary GC in 1yr9 month time.
if you didnt sign that means your case need a review by a supervisor...........................................i didn't sign any form also.

rabin haven't you receive the welcome notice via mail.

Yes it came through the Mail.