January 2010 Filers, post here

Hey everybody,

Did yo guys have a certified copy of your marriage certificate? Is it enough if I bring the original to the interview and a photocopy of it?

Thanks!

(1) Tonight when I checked this is what I got:- I-485---- (Decision)
On April 28, 2010, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

(2) I-130--- (Post-Decision Activity)
On April 28, 2010, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I-130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

Received my approval letters today.

(1) Tonight when I checked this is what I got:- I-485---- (Decision)
On April 28, 2010, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

(2) I-130--- (Post-Decision Activity)
On April 28, 2010, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I-130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

Received my approval letters today.

Paging RABIN......Make sure you complete ADIT processing in time. Not everyone is required ADIT processing.

achill, Thanks my friend. My wife who is the petitioner received the I-130 approval notice and it also says that they will send me a copy.

I received the I-485 approval notice, and it says :- This is to notiify you that your application for permanemt residence has being approved. It is with great pleasure that we welcome you to permanent resident status in the United States.

At the top of this notice you will see a very important number. It is your USCIS A#. This is your permanent resident account and file number. This permanent account number is very important to you. You will need it whenever you contact us.

We will soon mail you a new Permanenet Resident Card, You should receive it withinthe next 3 weeks. You can use it to show your new status. When you receive your card you must carry it with you at all times if you are 18 or older etc.----

The rest of the letter explain how to remove the conditions of the card before it expires. And at the last it says, onces again, welcome to the United States and congratulations on your permanent resident status.

So I think everything is finished and will I just have to wait on my green card to arrive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fushy, Good luck on your interview today, Leloup and Narayan7 good luck on your too this week. I am looking foward for you all to share the good news.

Fushy, Good luck on your interview today, Leloup and Narayan7 good luck on your too this week. I am looking foward for you all to share the good news.

Good Luck Fushy and Leloup. Share your experience.

Quick question to all who finished their GC interview. During the interview will the Petitioner and Beneficiary be interviewed separately and ask questions individually to match the correctness /validate of their answers? Some where I read that both of them will be interviewed separately,

Thanks
Narayan
Murthy

Good Luck Fushy and Leloup. Share your experience.

Quick question to all who finished their GC interview. During the interview will the Petitioner and Beneficiary be interviewed separately and ask questions individually to match the correctness /validate of their answers? Some where I read that both of them will be interviewed separately,

Thanks
Narayan
Murthy

Narayan, My DO was Newark New Jersey, on the day of my interview,I saw two couples that were interviewed separately.
What happen was that they were call in together then you will see one person coming out then call in back while the other remain inside. It happen to two couples, but on the other hand they were about 25 families. During my waiting period which was about 45 minutes people went in and out in a normal way.
I think its all about the nature of the individual case, I don't know the nature of your case, but if you think that it is a bit complicated, I will suggest that you do your home work and walk with all documents ( originals & photocopies) that will support your case, the more you have is better for you, it doesn't hurt to walk with them if call upon you will have then on hand and also don't volunteer any info if not ask.

Good Luck on Friday my friend.

Narayan, My DO was Newark New Jersey, on the day of my interview,I saw two couples that were interviewed separately.
What happen was that they were call in together then you will see one person coming out then call in back while the other remain inside. It happen to two couples, but on the other hand they were about 25 families. During my waiting period which was about 45 minutes people went in and out in a normal way.
I think its all about the nature of the individual case, I don't know the nature of your case, but if you think that it is a bit complicated, I will suggest that you do your home work and walk with all documents ( originals & photocopies) that will support your case, the more you have is better for you, it doesn't hurt to walk with them if call upon you will have then on hand and also don't volunteer any info if not ask.

Good Luck on Friday my friend.

Thank you Rabin,
I think our case is straight one and we have prepared well for the interview and good size of documents (originals and copies). However, we do not want to miss any thing.

Just tensed. Pray GOD everyting works fine.

same situation happen to us,we entered together but the IO explain to us that its the law since we were newly married she will have to separate us then ask us question separately,after the interview she took all our evidence and also told us to wait and we will get decision in mail.we have waited now for 12days no updated only soft LUD the next day after interview.she was nice but did not smile she was very tired and straight to the point but after the interview we ask is that all and she said u will get a decision in mail.do you guys think we have been granted

same situation happen to us,we entered together but the IO explain to us that its the law since we were newly married she will have to separate us then ask us question separately,after the interview she took all our evidence and also told us to wait and we will get decision in mail.we have waited now for 12days no updated only soft LUD the next day after interview.she was nice but did not smile she was very tired and straight to the point but after the interview we ask is that all and she said u will get a decision in mail.do you guys think we have been granted

I don't know the nature of your case, but base on your posting it look like they are doing some sort of verification and also if a junior officer did the interview he/she is not authorized to approve the case on the spot same in my case. It has to be reviewed by a Senior officer and approved.

If there is any discrepancy it takes a bit longer, you are in your 12Th day now, you should be hearing from them anytime now.

I think you are good to go just hang in there.

I don't know the nature of your case, but base on your posting it look like they are doing some sort of verification and also if a junior officer did the interview he/she is not authorized to approve the case on the spot same in my case. It has to be reviewed by a Senior officer and approved.

If there is any discrepancy it takes a bit longer, you are in your 12Th day now, you should be hearing from them anytime now.

I agree with Rabin's view and hang on you will be good to go with GC.

By the way, ours is recently married case (married in Jan 2010 and filed on Jan 19th) but both of us our spouses deceased 3 and 4 years back respectively and that too aged. We are prepared to face interview separately. Any suggestions.

Narayan

YEA Rabin,i think she is a young officer. we just got married and filled like some weeks after,my case is straight forward we took all the document to show prove .during the interview she was like [IO=ok let me see what do i need Ok...............,she ask for some document that was need to be verified and we showed the IO and she will look at the system ans say do u have this.............................ok do u have this,YES]and after all she said i will need to separate you and ask some question because that is the law because you are newly married,and we said it was ok,but i do not know why the case was touched the next day but no card production mail like in your case.she didn't dint tell us any decision. she just said wait and get decision on your mail.:mad:

I agree with Rabin's view and hang on you will be good to go with GC.

By the way, ours is recently married case (married in Jan 2010 and filed on Jan 19th) but both of us our spouses deceased 3 and 4 years back respectively and that too aged. We are prepared to face interview separately. Any suggestions.

Narayan

Narayan i have seen the interview and i will advice you even people married for 10 years will still missed the question if your are interview by an IO
do not like your face.they ask silly question like...............................when last did you guys go to the gas station
?grocery?what did she get? what in you refrigerator this morning? what do you think you need to buy for the house etc.do not answer what you do not know.they want you to fail 3 questions.in my case we only miss one question because of time difference.pray for God to be with you.

Realcool1,

Since ours is also newly married case, can you pl share your interview questions asked both of you guys separately?

Narayan

Thanks everybody for the good luck wishes! Our interview went very well today. We got in about 20 minutes late and we finished in another 20 min. The IO was very nice, relaxed and smiling and also very attentive not only to my answers but also on the reaction our answers induced in each other. She started up asking each of us to state each others' full name, address, birthday, place of birth, and the date of marriage. Then she went on verifying other information from the file (previous marriages etc). Then she asked me where do we live and if we have bills or common ownerships. Here I only gave her our joint tax returns from 2006 on (we live in a house that was bought by my husband before I moved in and did not bother to change the papers). Anyways, she did not push for any more documents (I also had bank account info with me, health insurance and car insurance). Then she moved on to ask me (most of the questions were directed to me and not to my husband who was the sponsor), to describe how we met, what kind of wedding did we have (I showed her about 100 pics not only from the wedding, but also with my family and trips/vacations). Other questions she asked: what does my family think about my marriage (weird questions, I thought), what are our future plans (I told her I just accepted another job and will move in 2 months to another town); why did I apply for green card only after 6.5 years of marriage; what is my current status in the US. All in all, she only asked the questions and listened attentively and she also checked out every individual picture I brought ( i was expecting she will only flip through the album). In the end she said that she will recommend aproval and that I should expect my GC in 1 month in the mail. Here I asked what should I do if I want to travel abroad prior to receivind my GC and she offered to stamp my passport with I-551 stamp, which she did. She did not ask me to hand in anything (EAD or AP).
Needless to say how relieved I am and happy to put a fullstop to this step! Thanks everybody contributing to a lot of my educated decisions during this process! I feel realy fortunate that I was told on the spot that it was approved! Good luck leloup and Narayan!

YEA Rabin,i think she is a young officer. we just got married and filled like some weeks after,my case is straight forward we took all the document to show prove .during the interview she was like [IO=ok let me see what do i need Ok...............,she ask for some document that was need to be verified and we showed the IO and she will look at the system ans say do u have this.............................ok do u have this,YES]and after all she said i will need to separate you and ask some question because that is the law because you are newly married,and we said it was ok,but i do not know why the case was touched the next day but no card production mail like in your case.she didn't dint tell us any decision. she just said wait and get decision on your mail.:mad:

Narayan i have seen the interview and i will advice you even people married for 10 years will still missed the question if your are interview by an IO
do not like your face.they ask silly question like...............................when last did you guys go to the gas station
?grocery?what did she get? what in you refrigerator this morning? what do you think you need to buy for the house etc.do not answer what you do not know.they want you to fail 3 questions.in my case we only miss one question because of time difference.pray for God to be with you.

I was married and divorce and my wife husband was deceased, we got marry on January,12/ 2010 and file on Jan.26/2010, so it all depends on the IO and how well you can convince them and also the proof's you have.

Narayan i will suggest that you try and arrange your paper work in the order as per your check list on your interview letter and have photocopies ready to give them if ask.

Just a reminder, walk with deceased ,divorce, marriage and birth certificates of both parties, pictures bills, bank statements,two years tax statements of the petitioner etc.

Good luck.