January 2010 Filers, post here

Hello everyone! so here's our interview experience.

We arrived at the Newark Office about half an hour before our interview. We brought literally everything and anything related to our reunion. 20 minutes after 2:00 my name was called and was greeted by an Asian American lady. She had a straight face.... directed us to her cubicle stood and sworn to tell the truth. As soon as we sat down she asked for our ID,passport as we were digging for it she asked me what the name of my spouse was, where we met, where we got married, if i know my spouse parents and just went thru the I-485 questions. The entire interview didnt even last 10 minutes. I would say 6 minutes the most and said i have no reason not to be believe this marriage is a sham. That gave both of us a relieve and we asked her if everything is fine and good to go. She said just wait for your green cards by mail blah blah...
Its a huge relieve to close this chapter of our lives and enjoy our marriage finally. Good luck to Rabin, Narayana7 and the rest!!!!

ps: She took my I-94(stapled it to the I-485), our bank statement copy, and lease (is that normal for the last two???)

congratulation

Thank you Rabin, Realcool1, narayana7. Wish you nothing but the same fate and no doubt you guys will come out with the good news.
Rabin, pray you get the Asian woman if you happen to be at 970 Broad st lol

Thank you Rabin, Realcool1, narayana7. Wish you nothing but the same fate and no doubt you guys will come out with the good news.
Rabin, pray you get the Asian woman if you happen to be at 970 Broad st lol

Lexin, from the time I read your interview experience I started to pray lol. Yes i will be going to 970 Broad st.

Our experience:
Our interview was schedule at 11:30am at Chicago we arrive 11:00 am, we got called 11:50 am (we did not have a lawyer)
The IO was on his mid 30s he was nice and polite, he asked for IDs I show my passport and my wife her driver license, He ask my name and date of birth then he ask the same to my wife. He asks me when we got marry and how many kids we have and names (we have 2 kids 3 and 1 year old).
Then he ask about my last marriage when how long and if I just got married to get green card which was not the case (my ex-wife file for me but we got divorce before the interview), things did not work out I was much younger. He asked when was the last entry to USA and previews entries, on 1996 and 1997 I over stay more than 180 days and he says that he needs to look into it.
He said that we will receive a notice in two weeks. We were so sad we almost cry.
This afternoon when I got home I got an email,
Does it means I was approved?
Document production or Oath Ceremony
On April 8, 2010, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283
DATE STATUS
16-Jan-10 Application sent to Chicago, IL (130, 485, 765)
18-Jan-10 USCIS Received Application
22-Jan-10 Notice of Action Received
28-Jan-10 Biometrics Notification
16-Feb-10 Biometrics Date
11-Mar-10 I got notice Card production ordered EAD I-765
04-Mar-10 Interview Letter
08-Apr-10 Interview Date Pending
17-Apr-10 Green Card Received

I got my green card yesterday
Thanks god this is over, good luck everyone.

Wonderful news everyone!! Congrats Lexin, it's normal that they ask the copy of your bank statement and lease. I guess they put it on your file as proof of your relationship. The IO who interviewed me also took our bank statement and tax return copy. So, I guess you're good to go!! :)

Congrats Toro12!! My wifey also got her GC on the mail last Saturday. Feel so relieved.

Today is El Hacha's turn, all the best for you bro! Tomorrow is Fancyjagirl's, I wonder how is it going with your passport. Hope you can get it soon. Thursday will be Realcool1's. Good luck for everyone. Congrats to Balyan too.. you're on the list now!!

January Filers' Interview Date:
- KoalaBear: 04/07 - DONE.
- Eiredpf: 04/08 - DONE
- Toro12: 04/08 - DONE
- Chicagomixed: 04/12 - DONE
- Mmamminna: 04/12 - DONE
- Lexin: 04/15 - DONE
- El Hacha: 04/19
- Fancyjagirl: 04/20
- Realcool1: 04/22 (filed on December 09-RFE)
- Rabin: 04/27
- Fushy: 05/03
- Leloup1169: 05/04
- Narayan: 05/07
- Balyan: 05/18

congrats to everyone who had their interview,been so busy trying to get back my passport and i was so stressed but thank god i got it on friday,was so happy.i see that toro got his greencard,that must feel good.hope everyone else gets theres soon.my interview is 2marrow at 1:30.im gona go to the social security office early 2marro to apply for my social ,i couldnt get it without my passport so now that i got back my passport hopefully i can get my social in a week. i wana go to jamaica before i get the greencard bcuz my grandmother is really sick n shes there alone so i was wondering if they would stamp my passport witht he i-551 so i can travel.well we'll see what happens,cant wait for this to be over,lol. anyways i will let u guys know how it went.good luck to everyone else whose interview is coming up.

I received my approval letters yesterday. Hopefully i get my GC next week or so. Thanks KoalaBear for the explanation. Good luck to everyone thats left... im sure yu guys will get it too

im not really happy how my interview went.i got there at around 1 and my interview was at 1:30,they called us in like around 2pm.there were like 3 ppl ahead of us,everyone that came out had a sad look on their face and i realize it was this arab guy that was interviewing them .there was this white lady that was also doing the interview and everyone came out with a smile.so i wanted her to interview me but that arab guy came out and called my name. he had not one smile on his face,first when we got in,he was yawning and he kept yawning for the entire interview,he told us he wanted to sleep,so i thought he would make the interview quick and to the point,well it didnt go that way.he asked me the how did me and my husband met,i told him.he thought he was slick,he was like so u guys were married on the 14th,i said no,the 17th,he was like ooh well it says the 14th here,so i ask to see it,and can you believe that dude had someone else file,i was like thats not my file,and he keeps yawning,i was so mad but i kept smiling,he was like whats so funny,arent you suppose to be nervous.i wasnt even laughing,i was just smiling not to be mad. so he was like do you like riding bikes, i said well back in the days, he was like what trail do you go thru,i was like what the hell is he talking about.im black and my husband is white, so he was like so you like white guys huuh, i was like i dont see color,i just see whats inside,then he started to yawn.i thought he was drunk or something.then he grilled me lil more and asked my husband if he ever got arrested and he said no,so he was like u never ever got arrested,thats odd,everyone get arrested even once.we didnt even bother to answer to him after we told him no twice. so he asked for joint accounts and stuff and we had alot of stuff,life insurance,medical,dental,bills,alot of stuff.he didnt ask for my passport which i thought was weird and a lil before the interview was over,he was like ooh did i ask for your passport,i said no,so i gave it to him and he made copies and took my i-94 and he copied my work permit then he asked us to sign something and was explaning that we should file 1year and 9months after the date on the paper and there werent any date on there so i dont know what to think.he told us hes gona review the file and if we dont hear from them in 30days i should call.i was so mad,i just said thank you and when i went outside i was crying bcuz it was very weird and he was unprofessional and i prepared everything in other waited so long for this day and it felt like a waste of time and left me in suspense until a month.so i dont know if im approved or not and i dont see why he would deny us.im just really sad now:(

Fancyjagirl, seems to me that he already asked you to sign the "approval letter" of your Green Card. That's why he mentioned about filing 'something' within 1 year 9 months of that paper. That 'something' is the Removal of the Condition (your GC will be the Conditional Green Card for 2 years). From what you describe, I see that the IO being very unprofessional, there's always someone like that in govt office. So my suggestion is don't think too much about how he spoke/treat you and your husband during the interview. Just wait for your Green Card or his notification within 30 days, if you don't hear anything call the USCIS. I think you shouldn't be worried about anything at this point because after all your marriage is legitimate, if anything happens you can always ask the USCIS office to review your file (sort of appeal) and ask them what makes them reject your petition. However, I almost sure that you already been approved due to the fact that he asked you to sign the "white paper" and mentioned the removal condition within 1 year 9 months of the paper. Don't be sad! Best of luck & God bless you. Please keep us updated.

im not really happy how my interview went.i got there at around 1 and my interview was at 1:30,they called us in like around 2pm.there were like 3 ppl ahead of us,everyone that came out had a sad look on their face and i realize it was this arab guy that was interviewing them .there was this white lady that was also doing the interview and everyone came out with a smile.so i wanted her to interview me but that arab guy came out and called my name. he had not one smile on his face,first when we got in,he was yawning and he kept yawning for the entire interview,he told us he wanted to sleep,so i thought he would make the interview quick and to the point,well it didnt go that way.he asked me the how did me and my husband met,i told him.he thought he was slick,he was like so u guys were married on the 14th,i said no,the 17th,he was like ooh well it says the 14th here,so i ask to see it,and can you believe that dude had someone else file,i was like thats not my file,and he keeps yawning,i was so mad but i kept smiling,he was like whats so funny,arent you suppose to be nervous.i wasnt even laughing,i was just smiling not to be mad. so he was like do you like riding bikes, i said well back in the days, he was like what trail do you go thru,i was like what the hell is he talking about.im black and my husband is white, so he was like so you like white guys huuh, i was like i dont see color,i just see whats inside,then he started to yawn.i thought he was drunk or something.then he grilled me lil more and asked my husband if he ever got arrested and he said no,so he was like u never ever got arrested,thats odd,everyone get arrested even once.we didnt even bother to answer to him after we told him no twice. so he asked for joint accounts and stuff and we had alot of stuff,life insurance,medical,dental,bills,alot of stuff.he didnt ask for my passport which i thought was weird and a lil before the interview was over,he was like ooh did i ask for your passport,i said no,so i gave it to him and he made copies and took my i-94 and he copied my work permit then he asked us to sign something and was explaning that we should file 1year and 9months after the date on the paper and there werent any date on there so i dont know what to think.he told us hes gona review the file and if we dont hear from them in 30days i should call.i was so mad,i just said thank you and when i went outside i was crying bcuz it was very weird and he was unprofessional and i prepared everything in other waited so long for this day and it felt like a waste of time and left me in suspense until a month.so i dont know if im approved or not and i dont see why he would deny us.im just really sad now:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi fancyjagirl, I'm sure you'll get your green card, and I really wouldn't worry too much. What I would really like to suggest, after you receive your green card, is to please report this to the USCIS. It's people like the person that interviewed you that make me extremely angry. We do our job professionally, the least we should expect in this insane process is the same in return.

It sounds like you are approved since you signed the paper and he mentioned about reapplying in about 1year and 9 month. As soon as you get your GC within the next two weeks, PLEASE REPORT this scumbag to the USCIS. He has the power of making a life changing decision of other fellow immigrants and seems like he best qualify as a custodial in that office rather than IO. Try to post the city and location of the office so others will get a heads up. Let us know the outcome as we support you and Congrats!

Last edited by a moderator:
thank u guys,i feel a lil better.have u guys received ur welcome letter or greencard as yet?did they update the case online?i checked mine and it was updated on the 21st n my interview was the 20th so i guess they update it.it still says initial review thou but ooh well,im jut hoping everything goes well. good luck to those whose interview is coming up,hopefully it wont go as bad as mine n congrats to those who got approved n whose waiting on their card.

I believe today is Realcool1's turn. How is it going bro? Hope everything is okay. As for next week, I believe Rabin will be on Tuesday. Good luck to you! Also, I think Achill's schedule also next week, it's just that I don't know which date.

El Hacha, how was yours going? Didn't hear from you. Best of Luck everyone!!

January Filers' Interview Date:
- KoalaBear: 04/07 - DONE.
- Eiredpf: 04/08 - DONE
- Toro12: 04/08 - DONE
- Chicagomixed: 04/12 - DONE
- Mmamminna: 04/12 - DONE
- Lexin: 04/15 - DONE
- El Hacha: 04/19 - DONE, maybe?
- Fancyjagirl: 04/20 - DONE
- Realcool1: 04/22 (filed on December 09-RFE)
- Rabin: 04/27
- Fushy: 05/03
- Leloup1169: 05/04
- Narayan: 05/07
- Balyan: 05/18

Yeah sorry, after the request for birth certs he asked for both my passport and I-94. I gave him the passport and he flicked through it looking for my I-94 so think thats all he was looking for. Can't be sure tho. Hope this helps.

Did he take you i-94

Today I got my GC in mail. Finally it's over and now I can start thinking about building OWN BUSINESS. Thank you everybody, good luck and "see you" in couple of years when we'll be applying for citizenship.