January 2010 Filers, post here

Thank you :) there's the "no-fun" part also actually haha.. but I'm grateful to be here. All the best for your case bro!!

January Filers' Interview Date:
- KoalaBear: 04/07 - DONE.
- Eiredpf: 04/08
- Toro12: 04/08
- Chicagomixed: 04/12
- Mmamminna: 04/12
- Lexin: 04/15
- El Hacha: 04/19
- Fancyjagirl: 04/20
- Realcool1: 04/22 (filed on December 09-RFE)
- Rabin: 04/27
- Fushy: 05/03
- Leloup1169: 05/04
- Narayan: 05/07

Thanks man. LA is a fun place.

Our experience:
Our interview was schedule at 11:30am at Chicago we arrive 11:00 am, we got called 11:50 am (we did not have a lawyer)
The IO was on his mid 30s he was nice and polite, he asked for IDs I show my passport and my wife her driver license, He ask my name and date of birth then he ask the same to my wife. He asks me when we got marry and how many kids we have and names (we have 2 kids 3 and 1 year old).
Then he ask about my last marriage when how long and if I just got married to get green card which was not the case (my ex-wife file for me but we got divorce before the interview), things did not work out I was much younger. He asked when was the last entry to USA and previews entries, on 1996 and 1997 I over stay more than 180 days and he says that he needs to look into it.
He said that we will receive a notice in two weeks. We were so sad we almost cry.
This afternoon when I got home I got an email,
Does it means I was approved?
Document production or Oath Ceremony
On April 8, 2010, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283
DATE STATUS
16-Jan-10 Application sent to Chicago, IL (130, 485, 765)
18-Jan-10 USCIS Received Application
22-Jan-10 Notice of Action Received
28-Jan-10 Biometrics Notification
16-Feb-10 Biometrics Date
11-Mar-10 I got notice Card production ordered EAD I-765
04-Mar-10 Interview Letter
08-Apr-10 Interview Date Pending
XX-XXX-XX Green Card Received

Rabin The receipt is from Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS
The I130 does not show updates

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I think toro12 that you'll receive your green card within the next two weeks. The IO got suspicious because you filed twice for green card so the IO might think that you have married only woman with citizenship to get green card. However you have two kids that probably helped you guys a lot because I don't think that IO could think that you got married and had two kids only to get green card.

I also have 2 kids but I've been married only once. I have interview also in Chicago on next Monday. I have no reason to be afraid of but still I feel some stress. I guess because I know how important it is and how it can improve my family life. I'll report on Monday. Good luck everybody.

Hi,

I think toro12 that you'll receive your green card within the next two weeks. The IO got suspicious because you filed twice for green card so the IO might think that you have married only woman with citizenship to get green card. However you have two kids that probably helped you guys a lot because I don't think that IO could think that you got married and had two kids only to get green card.

I also have 2 kids but I've been married only once. I have interview also in Chicago on next Monday. I have no reason to be afraid of but still I feel some stress. I guess because I know how important it is and how it can improve my family life. I'll report on Monday. Good luck everybody.

Good Luck Chicagomixed.

Narayan7

Achill, I am the USC and my wife is the beneficiary. We pretty much bring everything listed in the Interview Letter (except the one with parenthesis "unless already submitted"). So having said that, we brought:
1) Original Birth Certificate me & my spouse and translation - and copy of each
2) Original Marriage License - and copy
3) Original Naturalization Certificate - and copy
4) Original H1Bs approval (my wife's) - and copy
5) My wife's Passport
6) My wife's original EAD card - they took it
7) All original I-94s - they took it
8) Wedding Day pictures
9) Copy of joint documents (bank account, tax return, life insurance)

They mentioned in the IL that if you have kids, you should bring your kids' birth certificate too I guess, but it doesn't apply to us.

Koala,

Quick question on joint documents - I have interview on May 07, my situation is that I am USC sponsored my wife. We got married this year on Jan 04 and filed papers on Jan 19th. Before marriage my wife came on H1-B visa and her visa expired and could not extend the visa. She was out of status almost more than 6 months though in the mean time applied to covert visa to F1 but that too did not worked out. Apart from other joint documents you mentiooned about joint insurance policy can you pl elaborate who this is to be obtained, we have lease documents jointly, bank accounts and credit card accounts. We have photographs and we did not have children but she has one daughter born to her deceased husband and I have two daughters here in USA (both of them are US citizens) through my deceased wife.
Can you pl tell us who other documents we may need ? Appriciate your suggestions.

Thanks
Narayan

On April 8, 2010, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283
DATE STATUS

Hey Toro, yup, seems you have gotten your GC. Congrats!

Hey Folks,
Thank You all for the best wishes, they all worked well today, we have been approved! Its like a weight off our shoulders.
I will post a full experience later for all in next few days when get home.

Sincerely wish all of you who's interviews are coming up the best of luck! :)

Rabin The receipt is from Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS
The I130 does not show updates.

Toro12, I an thinking along the same line with Chicagomixed, most likely they are talking about the Green Card and all the online status will be updated soon.

Hey Folks,
Thank You all for the best wishes, they all worked well today, we have been approved! Its like a weight off our shoulders.

Congrats Eiredpf, well done.

Chicagomixed, Mmamminna and Lexin, i just want to wish you all the best next week on your interviews, Good luck. ( Dont forget to walk with originals and photo copies of all your supporting documents ).

Last edited by a moderator:
Chicagomixed, Mmamminna and Lexin, i just want to wish you all the best next week on your interviews, Good luck. ( Dont forget to walk with photo copies of all your documents ).

Thank you Rabin, i am quite ready for the 15th already and quite anxious.

Toro12, I'm with the other opinion.. I believe you'll receive your GC in the mail. I didn't sign up for the email update, but I'm pretty sure if they send you that email, meaning the IO has processed your case and you've been approved. I'll keep you in prayer bro.

Our experience:
Our interview was schedule at 11:30am at Chicago we arrive 11:00 am, we got called 11:50 am (we did not have a lawyer)
The IO was on his mid 30s he was nice and polite, he asked for IDs I show my passport and my wife her driver license, He ask my name and date of birth then he ask the same to my wife. He asks me when we got marry and how many kids we have and names (we have 2 kids 3 and 1 year old).
Then he ask about my last marriage when how long and if I just got married to get green card which was not the case (my ex-wife file for me but we got divorce before the interview), things did not work out I was much younger. He asked when was the last entry to USA and previews entries, on 1996 and 1997 I over stay more than 180 days and he says that he needs to look into it.
He said that we will receive a notice in two weeks. We were so sad we almost cry.
DATE STATUS

Narayan,

Joint insurance policy you can obtain it from your insurance agent, or sometimes online if your insurance provider has the online access for copy of policy. In our case, since we obtain it through my employer, we just asked our HR the copy of policy along with copy of beneficiary of each. In regards to your children, since yours' are not your wife's and her's is not yours', I don't think it's significant. However, bringing their Birth Certificate won't hurt I guess... just in case if the IO asks for it, you'll have it ready. Also, be sure to bring any copy of paperwork when your wife tried to convert from H1B to F1. At least, if they ask why your wife is out of status, you can explain that you were waiting for the application result. Other then that, your joint lease documents, any joint account/bill, and bunch of pictures will do the work.

I have a 2cents suggestion though.. after all, the IO is only a human being just like we are.. so, if they ask about something just try to explain it as simple as possible (don't over-explain anything or saying something more then what they ask. Simply answer the question and hold your tongue from saying too much). I believe if we explain too much out of the scope, it will trigger more question from them. Just keep calm and natural like usual with ur wife. All the best Narayan. :)

Koala,

Quick question on joint documents - I have interview on May 07, my situation is that I am USC sponsored my wife. We got married this year on Jan 04 and filed papers on Jan 19th. Before marriage my wife came on H1-B visa and her visa expired and could not extend the visa. She was out of status almost more than 6 months though in the mean time applied to covert visa to F1 but that too did not worked out. Apart from other joint documents you mentiooned about joint insurance policy can you pl elaborate who this is to be obtained, we have lease documents jointly, bank accounts and credit card accounts. We have photographs and we did not have children but she has one daughter born to her deceased husband and I have two daughters here in USA (both of them are US citizens) through my deceased wife.
Can you pl tell us who other documents we may need ? Appriciate your suggestions.

Thanks
Narayan

Yea guys, I'm second to Rabin.. All the best in your interviews. We're longing for more good news!! :)

Chicagomixed, Mmamminna and Lexin, i just want to wish you all the best next week on your interviews, Good luck. ( Dont forget to walk with originals and photo copies of all your supporting documents ).

Good job Eiredpf, Congrats!!!

Hey Folks,

Narayan,

Joint insurance policy you can obtain it from your insurance agent, or sometimes online if your insurance provider has the online access for copy of policy. In our case, since we obtain it through my employer, we just asked our HR the copy of policy along with copy of beneficiary of each. In regards to your children, since yours' are not your wife's and her's is not yours', I don't think it's significant. However, bringing their Birth Certificate won't hurt I guess... just in case if the IO asks for it, you'll have it ready. Also, be sure to bring any copy of paperwork when your wife tried to convert from H1B to F1. At least, if they ask why your wife is out of status, you can explain that you were waiting for the application result. Other then that, your joint lease documents, any joint account/bill, and bunch of pictures will do the work.

I have a 2cents suggestion though.. after all, the IO is only a human being just like we are.. so, if they ask about something just try to explain it as simple as possible (don't over-explain anything or saying something more then what they ask. Simply answer the question and hold your tongue from saying too much). I believe if we explain too much out of the scope, it will trigger more question from them. Just keep calm and natural like usual with ur wife. All the best Narayan. :)

Thank you very much Koala for your suggestions.

I will have the documents ready and ready for the Interview.

Narayan

January Filers' Interview Date:

- KoalaBear: 04/07 - DONE.
- Eiredpf: 04/08 - DONE
- Toro12: 04/08 - DONE
- Chicagomixed: 04/12
- Mmamminna: 04/12
- Lexin: 04/15
- El Hacha: 04/19
- Fancyjagirl: 04/20
- Realcool1: 04/22 (filed on December 09-RFE)
- Rabin: 04/27
- Fushy: 05/03
- Leloup1169: 05/04
- Narayan: 05/07