January 2010 Filers, post here

KoalaBear,Eiredpe and Toro12 my best wishes to you all and good luck at your interviews this week.

Thanks Rabin, very nervous as we ve only been married since Nov. Will let you all know how it goes as soon as I can.

Thank you Rabin :)
Yeah, tomorrow is the big day.. will post after back from Interview. Our schedule is 11AM PST so, most likely around 2.00PM PST I can share my experience already. We've been married since August 2008 (will be 2 years this coming August), no prior marriage, no kids yet, and never been out of status. I hope we won't missed any documents (sometimes when too anxious, I tend to forget important stuff). We're in DO Los Angeles, California. Best of luck for Eiredpf and Toro.

DATE STATUS
18-Jan-10 Application sent to Chicago, IL - Day 1
19-Jan-10 USCIS Received Application - Day 2
25-Jan-10 Check Cleared - Day 7
28-Jan-10 Notice of Action I-130/I-485/I-765 Received - Day 10
04-Feb-10 FP Notification (appt date 02/18/2010 - not needed) - Day 17
05-Feb-10 FP Date (walk in) - Day 18
04-Mar-10 Interview Letter for 04/07/2010 - Day 45
26-Mar-10 EAD Received (I-765) - Day 67
07-Apr-10 Interview Date - Day 79
xx-xxx-xx Green Card Received

KoalaBear,Eiredpe and Toro12 my best wishes to you all and good luck at your interviews this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update

Ok so here's my updated Timeline:

15-Jan-10 Application sent to Chicago, IL (I-130, I-485, I-765 and G-325a).
19-Jan-10 Package delivered.
26-Jan-10 Check Cashed.
01-Feb-10 NOAs received for I-130, I-485 & I-765. Cases online.
05-Feb-10 FP letter received for 24-Feb.
12-Feb-10 Received RFE for forgotten I-693.
almost 2 week lapses due flue :(
24-Feb-10 FP done.
26-Feb-10 I-693 Sent express delivery.
03-Mar-10 RFE Received at IL.
19-Mar-10 Received IL notification.
01-Apr-10 Received EAD mail.
06-Apr-10 Received EAD card.
07-Apr-10 SS requested.
19-Apr-10 Interview.

Really USCIS is very efficient!

Thanks and best luck to all! :cool:

Hello Everyone,
Interview done today, thanks God and thank each one of you guys!! :)

Here is the overall experience:
DO: Los Angeles, CA. Our schedule was at 11AM, we arrived at 11.15AM (didn't know that Federal Building has those 'airport-style' security screening with crazy long lines. But apparently 15 minutes late is no big deal. We waited until approximately 12.30PM then got called. A Hispanic IO interviewed us, a very nice and polite young guy. He asked for our ID/Passport and my wife's EAD & Birth Certificate, also my Naturalization certificate. Note here and there, then ask my last name (I changed last name on naturalization) and my wife's last name (which is my prior last name-before changed). We explained the whole thing and he seemed to understand. After that, he verified our employer name, asked my wife is she a CPA (she's an accountant) and took all of my wife's I-94 and EAD (she was under H1B visa). He asked how long we got married and look at our wedding pictures. He commented how big our wedding was (we invited 250 guests) and take copies of our marriage license and proof of relationship (we gave him joint checking account statement, joint tax return 2008/2009, life insurance). He go through the application we submitted and asked my wife if she has involved in terrorism, join any religious movement/party, etc (basically the things we answered in I-485 form), and she answers no.. no.. no.. etc. then he said to my wife, "okay, everything seems fine, therefore I approve your green card. Congratulations you are a resident starting from today." We were so happy and say thank you. He said, no thank you. You guys are very well prepared, it always makes our job easier. I think he said that because we have prepared all the documents in a folder and name them, so that easier to find when he asks for it. He mentioned that my wife will receive her GC in the mail within 2-3 weeks.

At the end, he told us that even though this coming August we'll be married for 2 years, the GC that my wife will receive is conditional and we need to file for I-751 on 1 year 9 months starting from today's date. Also, if we didn't hear back about it due to backlog AND if my wife already in her 2 years 9 months of green card, she can actually file for citizenship.

So, the overall experience was great, unless the waiting part. Other then that, it was pretty straight forward and simple. :) Starting from today, my wife is a Green Card holder. Thank God and thank you all the wonderful folks here that have helped us through this entire filing. Today I saw lots of people with their lawyer, I can't imagine how much money they have to spend for legal fees. Therefore I'm so grateful that there is this wonderful forum with great people in it.

I wish you all the best in your upcoming interview :)

DATE STATUS
26-Mar-10 Employment Authorization Document Received I-765 - Day 67
07-Apr-10 Interview Date - Approved!! - Day 79

At the end, he told us that even though this coming August we'll be married for 2 years, the GC that my wife will receive is conditional and we need to file for I-751 on 1 year 9 months starting from today's date. Also, if we didn't hear back about it due to backlog AND if my wife already in her 2 years 9 months of green card, she can actually file for citizenship.

Congrats.... Quick question! Does the 2 years 9 months dateline start from the date the conditional GC issued or the permanent GC??? Thanks :)

Thank you everyone!! :)
All the best Eiredpf & Toro.
Lexin, great question.. the 2 years 9 months date starts from the date of conditional GC, not the permanent.

Congrats.... Quick question! Does the 2 years 9 months dateline start from the date the conditional GC issued or the permanent GC??? Thanks :)

What are originals did u and your USC spouse carry along to the interview?

Also, did they take back the original I485, I130 receipts?

Hello Everyone,

Its been .... 18 days ... since uscis recieved RFE response... no indications of approval or another rfe... Normally how long will it take for them to respond or change online status .... Will they update online once they recieve it or not .... I see none ... I think have to wait ... suggestions are highly valuable

Achill, I am the USC and my wife is the beneficiary. We pretty much bring everything listed in the Interview Letter (except the one with parenthesis "unless already submitted"). So having said that, we brought:
1) Original Birth Certificate me & my spouse and translation - and copy of each
2) Original Marriage License - and copy
3) Original Naturalization Certificate - and copy
4) Original H1Bs approval (my wife's) - and copy
5) My wife's Passport
6) My wife's original EAD card - they took it
7) All original I-94s - they took it
8) Wedding Day pictures
9) Copy of joint documents (bank account, tax return, life insurance)

They mentioned in the IL that if you have kids, you should bring your kids' birth certificate too I guess, but it doesn't apply to us.

What are originals did u and your USC spouse carry along to the interview?
Also, did they take back the original I485, I130 receipts?

Thanks KoalaBear. Did they take back the original I485, I130 receipts?

Achill, I am the USC and my wife is the beneficiary. We pretty much bring everything listed in the Interview Letter (except the one with parenthesis "unless already submitted"). So having said that, we brought:

Hello Everyone,

Here is the overall experience:
DO: Los Angeles, CA. Our schedule was at 11AM, we arrived at 11.15AM (didn't know that Federal Building has those 'airport-style' security screening with crazy long lines. But apparently 15 minutes late is no big deal. We waited until approximately 12.30PM then got called. A Hispanic IO interviewed us, a very nice and polite young guy. He asked for our ID/Passport and my wife's EAD & Birth Certificate, also my Naturalization certificate. Note here and there, then ask my last name (I changed last name on naturalization) and my wife's last name (which is my prior last name-before changed). We explained the whole thing and he seemed to understand. After that, he verified our employer name, asked my wife is she a CPA (she's an accountant) and took all of my wife's I-94 and EAD (she was under H1B visa). He asked how long we got married and look at our wedding pictures. He commented how big our wedding was (we invited 250 guests) and take copies of our marriage license and proof of relationship (we gave him joint checking account statement, joint tax return 2008/2009, life insurance). He go through the application we submitted and asked my wife if she has involved in terrorism, join any religious movement/party, etc (basically the things we answered in I-485 form), and she answers no.. no.. no.. etc. then he said to my wife, "okay, everything seems fine, therefore I approve your green card. Congratulations you are a resident starting from today." We were so happy and say thank you. He said, no thank you. You guys are very well prepared, it always makes our job easier. I think he said that because we have prepared all the documents in a folder and name them, so that easier to find when he asks for it. He mentioned that my wife will receive her GC in the mail within 2-3 weeks.

So, the overall experience was great, unless the waiting part. Other then that, it was pretty straight forward and simple. :) Starting from today, my wife is a Green Card holder. Thank God and thank you all the wonderful folks here that have helped us through this entire filing. Today I saw lots of people with their lawyer, I can't imagine how much money they have to spend for legal fees. Therefore I'm so grateful that there is this wonderful forum with great people in it.

DATE STATUS
26-Mar-10 Employment Authorization Document Received I-765 - Day 67
07-Apr-10 Interview Date - Approved!! - Day 79

Congrats Koala - That's great news. Good luck to all who are ready to take Interviews in the coming days.

Narayan

Achill,

I Got EAD Card on March 27, but anxious to know when IL will be coming? As I am expected to travel any time on an emergency, to visit my family who is hospitalized.

Here is my timeline:
DATE STATUS
20-Jan-10 Application sent to Chicago, IL - Day 1
23-Jan-10 USCIS Received Application - Day 3
24-Jan-10 Check Cleared
27-Jan-10 Notice of Action Received
29-Jan-10 Biometrics Notification
12-Feb-10 Biometrics Date (Could not complete as ASC Finger Print Machine not working) rescheduled
02-Mar-10 Biometrics done successfully
27-Mar-10 Received EAD Card
08-Apr-10 Interview Letter ( May 07 2010)

XX-XXX-XX Interview Date ?
XX-XXX-XX Green Card ?

News - Today, I have received IL and Interview date is on 05/07/10.

Jan Filers - Are there any one still waiting for IL?

Thanks
Narayan