January 2010 Filers, post here

Hi to all!
Sorry I didn't get back to you, but we got some troubles last week not related with my case ( we almost got drown in my car due to heavy rain and bad sewage here in south Texas, car was total lost and it wasn't mine but a friends and insurance doesn't cover it, so now I'm totally broke, but alive).
Interview was fine, the IO ask several questions, and we showed him some proof of our marriage (photos, bill, etc), but he asked for my kids birth certificates (didn't bring with me, I did not know that I need them) and a affidavit stating my last 20 years places of residence. So I hope today or tomorrow I will be able to send him what requested, and almost sure I will have to be interview again, because we didn't signed anything. Overall I think he believed in our marriage, and that we are a normal couple (which really we are, loving each other very much). So I hope the best for us.
Congratulations to those that got their GC approved, and hope to bring better news next time.

Today I got my GC in mail. Finally it's over and now I can start thinking about building OWN BUSINESS. Thank you everybody, good luck and "see you" in couple of years when we'll be applying for citizenship.

Congrats chicagomixed.
All the best for the rest of the folks.

Narayan

Congrats Chicagomixed and Good luck for El Hacha!! Rabin, tomorrow is your turn, Have fun bro!! Our prayer will be with you. :)

koalar i have done my interview but still waiting to here from them,i got a soft LUD the day and other LUD the day after but no major LUD yet:confused:

Thanks KoalaBear, and all the rest for your good wishes

Hello everyone,

Here is my interview experience, interview was at 9.00 we arrived 8.20 am, at the Newark, NJ DO, was called in at 9.45. The IO was a very very nice guy, in his late thirties. Interview took about 20 Min's. IO ask for our ID and my wife proof of citizenship.
We were asked basic questions like, when and where we met, last entry into the USA.
How I enter, I said by land from Canada (Canadian citizen). Didn't need I-94. Who is living with us, are we renting. Where does my wife work and her occupation. Then he look throught our files, and ask what supporting document we have, so we then give him pictures, joint account, utility bills, phone records, joint credit card. He then ask for original, document that was submitted with my application, we had copies for all original document, just in case, then ask question pertaining to the I-485 (yes/no).
At the end of the interview he said he is recommending approval, will rec'd GC in about two to three weeks, he then explain to us how to file form I-751, he then said when I red's my GC to mail my EAD card in a self address envelope he give us. He congratulate us and said that we were well prepared, and asked if we have any questions. we shook his hand and said thank you. I am assuming that I have been approved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks KoalaBear, and all the rest for your good wishes

Hello everyone,

Here is my interview experience, interview was at 9.00 we arrived 8.20 am, at the Newark, NJ DO, was called in at 9.45. The IO was a very very nice guy, in his late thirties. Interview took about 20 Min's. IO ask for our ID and my wife proof of citizenship.
We were asked basic questions like, when and where we met, last entry into the USA.
How I enter, I said by land from Canada (Canadian citizen). Didn't need I-94. Who is living with us, are we renting. Where does my wife work and her occupation. Then he look throught our files, and ask what supporting document we have, so we then give him pictures, joint account, utility bills, phone records, joint credit card. He then ask for original, document that was submitted with my application, we had copies for all original document, just in case, then ask question pertaining to the I-485 (yes/no).
At the end of the interview he said he is recommending approval, will rec'd GC in about two to three weeks, he then explain to us how to file form I-751, he then said when I red's my GC to mail my EAD card in a self address envelope he give us. He congratulate us and said that we were well prepared, and asked if we have any questions. we shook his hand and said thank you. I am assuming that I have been approved.

congrats Rabin
i am still waiting for decision and they didn't tell me what to do with my EAD.did u get card production notification.

Hi Everyone, I'm a Feb filer and my interview is comming up day after tomorrow. I was wondering whether I need to take certified copies of the original documents I'm taking with me or are plain copies ok ? As of now I didn't get any certified copies. I didn't think I need them as I'm taking originals.

Thanks

DO - Lawrence, MA
02/03/2010 : Mailed I-130, I-485, I-131 and I-765 (and other supporting forms and documents)
02/16/2010 : Got reciept notices for all 4 of the applications (Reciept Date was 02/04/2010 on all 4 notices)
02/19/2010 : Recieved Finger Printing appointment for 3/1/2010
03/01/2010 : Did Finger Printing
03/27/2010 : IL for 4/30
04/16/2010 : updates on I-765 & I-131
04/22/2010 : Recieved Advance Parole Docs
04/24/2010 : Recieved EAD

Hi Everyone, I'm a Feb filer and my interview is comming up day after tomorrow. I was wondering whether I need to take certified copies of the original documents I'm taking with me or are plain copies ok ? As of now I didn't get any certified copies. I didn't think I need them as I'm taking originals.

Thanks

DO - Lawrence, MA
02/03/2010 : Mailed I-130, I-485, I-131 and I-765 (and other supporting forms and documents)
02/16/2010 : Got reciept notices for all 4 of the applications (Reciept Date was 02/04/2010 on all 4 notices)
02/19/2010 : Recieved Finger Printing appointment for 3/1/2010
03/01/2010 : Did Finger Printing
03/27/2010 : IL for 4/30
04/16/2010 : updates on I-765 & I-131
04/22/2010 : Recieved Advance Parole Docs
04/24/2010 : Recieved EAD

What you should do is to walk with all the originals which they will need to see and photo copies of all your documents in case they need to keep any.You do not have to certified the photo copies because they will check the originals and photo copy for accuracy. In my case i filed 1-130,1-485,1-765,1-693,1-864 & G-325A with photo copies of all the required supporting documents so all the IO had to do was to verified and compare the originals with the photo copies i submitted with my application.

congrats Rabin
i am still waiting for decision and they didn't tell me what to do with my EAD.did u get card production notification.

Thanks realcool1, i did not get any updates as yet, i hope everything goes well. The IO sound confident to me.

Thanks realcool1, i did not get any updates as yet, i hope everything goes well. The IO sound confident to me.

Ooooh ok did you check for LUD,let me know when as u get get card production,so i can also use to calculate mine,but try and check if u have any soft LUD.where is you DO?

Received my GC yesterday. Excited!!

Rabin, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Newark is not that bad. Now i need to mail my EAD back to them. Hope to see everyone back in about 1year and 9 month time for the permanent GC and citizenship after that.

Received my GC yesterday. Excited!!

Rabin, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Newark is not that bad. Now i need to mail my EAD back to them. Hope to see everyone back in about 1year and 9 month time for the permanent GC and citizenship after that.

Thanks Lexin and Congratulations to you. Yes Newark is not that bad, but i had notice that two couples were questions separately,i don't know what is going with them.

Realcool1, Just check for updates and go the following:-

(1) This morning when I checked this is what I got:- ( Document production or Oath Ceremony) I-485 ---(On April 27, 2010, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you
move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.)

Note: I had 485 pending under I140, which was already transferred to field office.
Interview experience:
IO to USC: Identify yourself, checks originals
IO to me : Identify yourself, checks originals
IO to me: I will have you withdraw your old I485.
Me: Hand her already prepared withdrawal letter.
IO: Asks Basic I130 questions.
IO: You have already submitted so much documentation that you are approved.
Me: Shows IO upcoming vacation tickets
IO : Wait outside, I will stamp your passport
Me: Thank you.

Please note: We had a simple case, everything legal, no overstay nothing. I also had literally submitted 3 pounds of documentation to Chicago, because I had this vacation lined up. Have fun all.

Does anyone know if the SS # which I applied for when I rec'd my EAD will be the same, when I rec'd my GC ?.

Realcool1, Just check for updates and go the following:-

(1) This morning when I checked this is what I got:- ( Document production or Oath Ceremony) I-485 ---(On April 27, 2010, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you
move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.)

(1) Tonight when I checked this is what I got:- I-485---- (Decision)
On April 28, 2010, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

(2) I-130--- (Post-Decision Activity)
On April 28, 2010, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I-130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

What you should do is to walk with all the originals which they will need to see and photo copies of all your documents in case they need to keep any.You do not have to certified the photo copies because they will check the originals and photo copy for accuracy. In my case i filed 1-130,1-485,1-765,1-693,1-864 & G-325A with photo copies of all the required supporting documents so all the IO had to do was to verified and compare the originals with the photo copies i submitted with my application.

Thanks Rabin, this really helps.

Congrats to you on your GC approval !!