Jan 2003 I-140/I-485 concurrent Filers - READ ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
You wish!!

That will be real sweet..... but... Nope... doesn't mean that you are not getting a RFE... Prelim check is done on concurrent filers before issuing an EAD. They can issue RFE if needed...

vidhun

EAD

Hello,

Our (my husband and I) EAD got approved April 30th but we still haven't received the card.

We moved on april 1st and sent the address change form (A11) to INS in the first week of April. The acknowledgement card says that the forms were received on april 11th and 15th for my husband and me.

So my question is
1. Will INS be mailing the EAD to the old address or the new address

2. If the EAD was mailed to the old address, would it get forwarded by the post office to the new address? (We have provided forwarding information in the post office) or will it be returned to INS?

I am trying to call INS but the line is busy all the time. What would be a good time to call INS.

My husband and I need to travel to India due to a family emergency and we have been advised by our lawyer to take both the AP and EAD with us when we travel. We have the approved AP with us but still waiting for EAD.

Passed the 6 year H1B limit, so we filed for 7th year extension and we are still waiting on it.

I am not sure if it is ok to travel without EAD.

Any thoughts anyone?

I140

hi All,
have been checking the replies and i see that a lot of feb 03 filers are getting their I140 approved. how come the jan filers are getting skipped. my ND is 5th Feb and theres still no update but people with march NDs are getting approved.

Re: I140

Originally posted by annair73
hi All,
have been checking the replies and i see that a lot of feb 03 filers are getting their I140 approved. how come the jan filers are getting skipped. my ND is 5th Feb and theres still no update but people with march NDs are getting approved.

this is totally unpredictable. If you check INS processing time table you will see the current 140 processing date for VSC is May 2002. So if you see some 140 cases filed in June or July 2002 haven't been processed, don't be surprised. As for why some cases filed later have been approved, nobody knows.

Any more Updates to Jan filings? In terms of I140......

Hi All,

Yes. Looks like more people in Feb. filings got their I140 than in Jan.

Please update anybody who got their I140's in Jan. filing.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Confusion !!

I see that VSC is processing Sep'2002 for EB3 Category.

I also see posting where people have said / claimed their I-140 has been cleared who have filed in Feb'2003.

Can somebody shed some light on this??

Also: is there some consistency for the Finger Printing Notices? My I-140/I-485 was filed in Oct'2002 and I still haven't received a notice for Finger Printing? Should I be concerend?

Looking for some advise / responses.

AP approved

after a long wait atlast my AP got approved yesterday. i had got and RFE (INS needed new photos) on 26th March and after nearly 2 months i got an approval.
still no news abt EAD or I140.

Hi ,

Mine(I140/I485) was filed on OCT. Receipt date was NOV8.
Still my I140 was not approved. Did any body have any info
Which month processing was going on now? When I saw Processing times in different site, it was 7/1/2002. But people who applied in APR03 ,got approved. What system /what procedure they are following.

:mad: :eek:

Any more Updates to Jan filings? In terms of I140......

Hi All,

Any more updates to Jan. Filing for I140's???

Please update, any information you may have.

Thanks.

Not much! Just wanted to bring this up!

I filed I140 with Substiute Labor in Jan; RD 01/25/03. Not hoping anything to happen so soon. Just wanted to bring this link up!

reply to RFE sent more than 1 month back

Hi Guys

My RD is 1/28/03. Received RFE in April. More than a month has passed since we sent the reply, still no news on I-140. Also no news on EAD.

Anyone with experience on recent RFE please post your experiences.

Thanks

Same here all the best ,

BCIS received my RFE response on 05/05/2003 which was issued on 04/15/2003. No response yet. RFE was for experience letters as my labor was a substitute one.

RD of 140 is 10/18/2002 and 485 RD is 01/18/2003
waiting for approval

hi allthebest,
even i am in a similar situation. i got an RFE for EAD/AP in march. the letter from INS was received on April 14th. my lawyer took a month to reply and INS received our response on may13th.
the RFE was for proper photos of mine. my AP got approved on may 27th. received the originals from my lawyer on 30th. still no news about EAD. dont know why its taking so long. generally i have seen that when u respond to RFEs ur case is approved fast but doesnt look like that in my case.
my nd for I140/485/EAD/AP is 5th Feb 2003.
lets hope we get some news soon.
good luck

question

hey guys,
Please help me out here. My I140 says processing timeis between 90 and 180 days. But when I check online it says 30-360 days. Which one should I beleive? Should I call them after 180 days or wait till 360 days? Please let me know
RD 1/15/03
ND 2/5/03
EAD 3/26/03 Approved
AP 3/27/03 Approved

EAD Approved

atlast my EAD got approved on june 11th. i had got an RFE on 26th March. today checked the status and it says that its approved. i think it will another 2 weeks to get the card. the message says "a new card has been ordered and will be mailed to you".
no news abt I140
ND 5th feb 2003

Re: question

nepaliraja,

It used to be 90-180 days back then. Later VSC changed it to 30-360 days, to avoid getting calls. Doesn't matter what your receipt says, its same for every one at VSC and it is 30-365 days.

Originally posted by nepaliraja
hey guys,
Please help me out here. My I140 says processing timeis between 90 and 180 days. But when I check online it says 30-360 days. Which one should I beleive? Should I call them after 180 days or wait till 360 days? Please let me know
RD 1/15/03
ND 2/5/03
EAD 3/26/03 Approved
AP 3/27/03 Approved

RD 01/29. No FP notice yet

My RD for concurrent filing is 01/29. In the spreadsheet I am seeing that most people around this RD have already gotten their FP notices in March/April timeframe.
Is there anyone else out there with an RD around this date that hasn't gotten his/her FP notice yet?
Please let me know so I know I'm not the only one. :(

Also, updated my details in the file attached.

Thanks!

EAD or H1

Am on this list of Jan filers, I have received my EAD (also my wife's) but have not "used" it in terms of having it in my employment records since I have a valid H1.

But my H1 is expiring next month (first 3 years), so should I get H1 extension OR start my EAD usage from next month. For 140 and 485 its a long wait before I get any thing cleared off.

My employer will not pay/file for the extension (their policy since I have received the EAD) so I have to decide and fight with them to atleast file for it IF required.

So what is the suggestion, keep my fingers crossed and get on EAD or get the extension........ also what if my wife uses her EAD.

Any help/suggestions will be appreciated.
thanks.

Ashrit

I was in the same boat a couple of months ago and i only had 1 more year on the H1B and i did go the EAD route.

One of the criteria for your decision should be based on your job security. If you are confident in your company's survival and that of your jobs atleast until you get your 140 then go for the EAD and save some money and time. Else you know what to do!!

Status
Not open for further replies.