Jan 2003 I-140/I-485 concurrent Filers - READ ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Save H1 time by using EAD; Wife can work on EAD

EAD is good for people who have H1 time is not exceeded 6yrs. You are saving H1 time for the rainy day in case of problems with current GC processing. You can get back on H1 and try.

EAD: Wife can start working too.

Renewing EAD is less expensive than H1.

6yrs expired: Keep extending your H1 instead of EAD. Unless wife is eager to work. Start a prallel LC processing if possible to be on safe side.

Good Luck!

hey ,
does anyone have any idea how much time it takes to get the SSN with ones EAD? i heard that it takes a long time if u r a secondary applicant.
any idea about the time period??
thanks

For most of the cases, 7-10 days from the day you apply for SSN. Take your EAD card and Passport ( Normally they don't ask for it though) or Driver's License.

Very smooth process. Good Luck!

We got it on 5th Day !!. Its not that bad at all ;)

Originally posted by annair73
does anyone have any idea how much time it takes to get the SSN with ones EAD? i heard that it takes a long time if u r a secondary applicant.
any idea about the time period??
thanks

Re: EAD or H1

Thanks for your responses.

As you said, I need to evaluate my job position and take a decision.
But another question for satya27476, you said "You are saving H1 time for the rainy day in case of problems with current GC processing. You can get back on H1 and try." How can I get back on H1 in case of a problem with my GC ? Don't I loose the status if I am on EAD and have a problem with my GC?

Also if I apply for extension and the H1 expires before i get the extension, does that suffice or it is "required" to have the extension approved before H1 expires.

Last one - If I don't use the ead and get H1 extension, but my wife uses her EAD, will that show up as I have also used the EAD and thus change my status as well ??

Just trying to make an informed decision.....

thanks.

H1 renewal

Ashrit,
I am also in the same boat now. My H-1 is expiring in October 2003. I can extend it till June 2006. It is good to play safe. i.e extend H1 visa for yourself and spouse can be on EAD/AP. However spouse status changes the day I-9 form is signed with an employer. If it is not done then spouse also needs status extension in whatever current category.

I know it is waste of time and money, already it is been done going through the GC process!!:D

I am new to this forum, and I will be filing for my I-140/485 concurrently soon, can anyone please let me know approximately how long it is taking to get 140, EAD, AP, 485 etc approved?

Hey DSUJAY

Just apply, sit back, relax and enjoy reading this forum. It takes forever for anything to be approved :)

Originally posted by dsujay
I am new to this forum, and I will be filing for my I-140/485 concurrently soon, can anyone please let me know approximately how long it is taking to get 140, EAD, AP, 485 etc approved?

EAD Renewal

Guys,
Any idea what is the process for renewing the EAD? I got my EAD on Jan 14 and Now I am thinking of renewing because the way I140 and 485 are going it doesn't seem to be coming before end of this year. Please let me know if anybody know the process.

Thanks

UPDATE.XLS Updated

Hi Friends

Since my I-140 has been approved today I am updating and posting the UPDATE.XLS file.

Good luck everyone!

Reply to Ashrit H1/EAD Question

H1 6 yr clock stops when EAD is used. In case of GC denied or so, you can start work on new H1 until 6yr completed and possibly get extensions later if I140/485 were in place.

Once 485 is started one will be in AOS status. You can continue working on H1 or EAD.

Extension is better done before H1 expires.

Check with your attorney about spouce EAD usage and its effect primary H1.

Hi All,

Unbelievable but true. My I-140 is approved on 26th of June.
Rcvd Date 17-JAN-03, ND date 21-JAN-03. (EAC02082XXXXX)Concurrent filler. AP and EAD has been approved 2-3 months back for me and my wife. I thought sept'02 is going on but when I saw "allthebest" has got 140 approved who has got the almost same time as me, I started checking online status quite a often today (usually 1-2 per day) and I found what I wanted to.

I was following this forum for a long time but never perticipeted. I thought I should share this info with you too.

Wish me luck in I-485. See you in I-485 forum.

Thanks

Abbreviations

Folks,

I am new to this thread can some one explain what MD , ND , AP and FP mean . Thanks,
Rotny

LC Hard Copy

Thanks Unbelievable .

I just got my LC cleared from TX and was wondering how long it would take for the lawyers to receives the Hard copy ??
The Phone status message tells me that my case has been certified but I still see the old response via the email ??

Can someone explain ?/

Thanks for your help in advance .
Rotny

Any more Updates to Jan filings? In terms of I140......

Hi All,

I remember I saw 5-6 days back, someone who filed on Jan 28th 2003 got his I140 approved. Do we have any more approvals like that?

Please update.

Thanks.

timeframe

Can you guys post what timeframe does it say on your receipt.eg: 30-360 days, 90-180 days so fourth. I am trying to see how they work with that or if they really look at it. Thanks

Mine

140------ 90-180
485------ 365-540:cool:

SSN after EAD approval - timeframe

Hello Everyone,

I have a question about SSN. My husband and I got our EAD and AP in May (was approved in the last week of April). My husband applied for his SSN on the 23rd of May. We haven't received the
SSN as yet. And when we checked with the local SSN office today, they said that they haven't received the needed information from BCIS.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get the SSN. Has anyone had such a long delay.

Thanks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.