Jan 2003 I-140/I-485 concurrent Filers - READ ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my EAD approval message online. The EAD was approved on 03/20.

RD: 01/08/2003
ND: 02/03/2003
EAD: 03/20/2003

Does anyone know how long it takes to receive the EAD in mail?

The updated tracker spreadsheet is attached.

congratulation

Originally posted by mb12345
I got my EAD approval message online. The EAD was approved on 03/20.

Does anyone know how long it takes to receive the EAD in mail?

The updated tracker spreadsheet is attached.

congratulation ! just resorted the traker file by the order of MD.

what's the difference among these I765 ?

I looked at the INS vermont center processing time table and got this ---

-765 Employment Authorization (C)(8)
2/10/2003

I-765 Employment Authorization (C)(9)
2/11/2003

I-765 Employment Authorization Other
1/24/2003

Anyone can kindly explain to me what's the difference among these three I765 ? If I am a EB2, which I-765 should I use ?

new to the group

Hi Friends,

I am Kumar. Here are my details.

MD - 02/05
RD - 02/06
ND - 03/12

Waiting for FP dates..

-Kumar

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: what's the difference among these I765 ?

C(8) is EAD cat for Asylum applicants
C(9) is EAD cat while I-485 is pending

Nevertheless, don't worry about those dates!. There are so many people w/ earlier dates still waiting for EADs form VSC !!. On the same token there are some lucky folks who got EAD approvals in that time frame. Very unpredictable :(

Good Luck.

Anyone can kindly explain to me what's the difference among these three I765 ? If I am a EB2, which I-765 should I use ?

Sanga any Updates

Sanga...
Looks like its only u and me left in our VA SESA list still waiting for the EAD.. It’s more than 90 days since we applied for my EAD. So far there is no response. I am planning to apply interim EAD for my wife in Local INS office. Can u please advise me the procedure/rules involved in it?

RFE for I-140 - Notice Date Jan.30th

Folks,

Its been quite a white for me to update my status. Yesterday, I received a message from my lawyer and it seems that I have got RFE for my I-140 and all the processing for I-485/AP/EAD are stopped till we reply to this RFE. The RFE has 2 issues addressed viz., the first issue is my Education Credential Evaluation. I submitted my Education Credentials, but the lawyer has missed the second page where Evaluator has to state his own credentials. We are again Evaluating my Credentials and hopefully it will be ready so that we can submit it soon.

The second issue is the ‘Ability to Pay’ issue where my worst fears came true. We sent a letter from CFO certifying the ‘Ability to Pay’. However the BCIS has sent an RFE as :

“Submit additional evidence to establish that the employer had the ability to pay the proffered salary of $XXXXX per as of XXX, the date of filing and continuing to the present.

The record indicates that you have employed with the beneficiary since Jan. 2001. Please submit a copy of the 2001 and 2002 form W-2 issued to the beneficiary to show how much was paid by your company.

As an alternative, you may submit any of the following types of evidence :

· A statement from a financial officer of the company which establishes ability to pay the wage

· The 2001 US federal corporate income tax returns, with all schedules and attachments for your business

· Annual reports for 2001, which are accompanied by audited financial statements”

I have already submitted the one alternative ‘Certification of Ability to Pay’ by our company CFO. Now, I am in deep trouble as my W-2 for year 2002 shows less salary due to market downturn and for year 2001, it’s ok. My company is also not doing well and is in Red.

I don’t know how to handle this issue. Did anyone received an RFE like the above? What are you guys going to do to solve this issue.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Regards, LILUS

Re: Sanga any Updates

Dependent,
It looks like that, you and me, Isn't it?:p.

I have seen couple of guys whose EAD approvals took over 2 months after ND. So, I am checking almost every day to see the approval - no luck so far. I am also thinking about getting iEAD, for my wife, from local INS office. I'll be out of town starting Tuesay, We may head to INS office coming Monday. If we do, I'll let you know what it takes to get an iEAD. Meanwhile, If any one in this forum went thru the process, please let us know !!.

Good Luck!!
-Sanga.

Originally posted by dependent
Sanga...
Looks like its only u and me left in our VA SESA list still waiting for the EAD.. It’s more than 90 days since we applied for my EAD. So far there is no response. I am planning to apply interim EAD for my wife in Local INS office. Can u please advise me the procedure/rules involved in it?

AP Approval Notice Received

Hi everyone,

My wife received AP Approval today, but my daughter and I didn't.

Dates for my wife are below,
March 20, 2003 AP approved
March 26, 2003 AP Approval Notice by postal mail

Yesterday, March 25, 2003 I went to BOSTON INS(They used still these letters on their sign board at the gate). It took around 3 hours. My wife and I waited for 2 hour and 50 minutes before finger printing. My wife, who is the strangest person in the world didn't like take public tranportation, so I had to drive to go there.
I paid $21.00 for parking.

I updated MS Excel file.

Hi All,

I got my AP approval in mail today.

AP: 03/21/2003
FP: 03/26/2003

The online status still shows that my AP case is being processed. It was a pleasant surprise to see my AP, since I had checked my status online this morning and it was still in process.

So after receiving the AP I checked the status over the phone, and I got the approval message. The online message hasn't changed.

I also got my finger printing done today.

Updated spreadsheet is attached.

NTA was issued

here my details
RD 01/17/03
ND 02/12/03

For my EAD I-765,
I-140 and 485.
FP done on 03/11/03

I was issued NTA when i went for special registration, all the details r on NTA thread under new discussions. I am not sure what AP is??.

Sanga,
This is regarding your response to abc12321's question on what is meant by C(8) & c(9) (Am checking the forum after a couple of days...)

I had checked with my lawyer earlier and he informed me that my category is EB3 and I765 is C(9) .
But it does not make much of the differnce [c(8) or c(9)] as it is all unpredictable.

You are right ashrit

My lawyer also mentioned the same for my application. I am EB3, but in 765 he mentioned C(9)

Thanks

We are all (C)(9)...!!

Here is what I have found on little further effort:

(C)(8): I-765 for initial asylee or asylum applicants.
(C)(9): I-765 for EAD while I-485 is pending.
Others: all other categories like El Salvador TPS etc.,

So all EB categories comes under C(9).

Mine is EB2 and is marked (C)(9) and so are you EB3 guys

Thank you both vijrek and asrit for bringing it up. We need to have usefull but not misleading info on this site.

I've corrected my earlier posting too...!.

Good Luck !!

765/131 approved.

I have been keeping checking the online site but see nothing over there for me. Taking the advice from some people that phone system usually updates quicker, I tried the phone system and to my surprise, I found it says --

for my I765: "On march 22, 2003 after approving your case we order a new card for you. Processing normally takes 60 to 90 days." I guess it means it is approved at least, when to receive it is another matter. I will update it when I receive it physically.

for 131: it was approved on March 24.

So I guess you guys should try phone line system, maybe it will surprise you too.

Good luck.

Folks:
I have attached the excell file with my info...Please keep updating this info!
Thanks
:cool:

EAD Vs 7th yr H1B

Folks...
If a person on an H1B status has applied for I-140/I-485 concurrently and is waiting for their approval. In the meantime, the EAD and Advanced Parole are approved. If the time remaining in the six year limit of H1B is less than six months, is it better to use the EAD or remain on H1B status and file for the seventh year extension.
Also, if one wants to “use” the EAD how can they notify the INS (BCIS) to stop the clock on their H1B?
Can this remaining time (about 6 months) of the H1B be used in case the I-140 or I-485 are not approved for any reason? Is this considered to be a “new” H1B application and is it subject to the H1B yearly quota? What will be the status of the person while this “new” H1B application is pending?

Thanks for your help!

:confused:

What is the phone no. to call INS???

Hi abc12321,

Can you tell me the phone no. to call to check status?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.