Jan 2003 I-140/I-485 concurrent Filers - READ ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, My wife and I filed I-140 and I-485 concurrently on 02/06/2003 (MD and RD). I received a copy of 140 receipt from the lawyer in early March with ND 03/01/2003, but we have not received any of the 485 (EAD/AP/etc) receipt yet. I wonder if anyone could let me know your experience on how long it would take between receiving 140 and 485 receipt. Thank you.

My husband and I got all our receipts together for our concurrent filed application. Ask your lawyer to talk to BCIS Vermont to check if they have received all the forms.

Since my case was coordinated by HR with the law firm, following was the partial sentence from HR.

"As soon as the law firm receives the Receipt Notices for your AOS filing, which may be in 4-6 weeks, you will be sent the original notices..."

So I wonder if anyone (everyone) on this board may also receive his/her both receipts together?

Thank you.

Re: Phone system tells my 765 / 131 are approved

Originally posted by RaghuBattula
Guys - Thanks for posting the message to check the phone system. It says that 765 & 131 are approved as of 3/27.

My wife's EAD is NOT approved yet :( , I was hoping hers get approved first ....if wishes were horses.

Shall update the excel file once I receive the approval notice(s).

Raghu..... Are u the one who lives in Boston.....

EAD and H1, which one whould I renew ?

BY next Feburuary my H1 will meet its first 3 year limit and can be renewed for another 3 years. By next March my EAD will exprie (got it this month). So I am wondering ---

Do I need to renew one of them or both ? Currently there are two different opinions I have heard ---

1. renew both od them, for the safety reason.

2. you can only renew EAD or H1, you CAN't renew both of them. So you better renew EAD as it is more powerful and can be used everywhere else. (I doubt this "CAN't renew both" statement)

Does anybody have any insight or experience to share ? Do you know any of your friends/colleagues do this ?

Thanks,
abc12321

EAD Received

File I140/I485/I765/I131 for my wife and me concureently

(EB1-2, RD: 01/24/03
ND: 02/25/03)

Received FP Notification (ND: 03/08/03, Scheduled on 04/07/03)

Received EAD on 03/25/03 (AD: 03/20/03)

Re: I140 Approved

Hi Niti:
Could you please post whether you had a Labor Certification or NIW/EB1 application for your I-140 and was it from Vermont Service Center?
Also could you indicate which DOL office did you do your labor from...
Thanks,
-krsn1
Originally posted by Niti Upadhyay
This came to me as a surprise when I was told by the HR in my company that she has received something from INS and it's good news.

Wanted the EAD to be approved first... but got 140. Oh well, I'm happy that atleast something is moving in the case.

I've updated the xls file.

Niti.

krsn1,

My application was normal EB3 from VSC. DOL office is Boston.

I'm still waiting for my EAD and AP approval. Seems like I have what everybody wants and everybody else has what I want. Eagerly waiting for EAD and AP approval. Have to go out of country in May.

Niti.

EAD Approved

I checked EAD status for me and my husband yesterday. EAD was approved for both of us yesterday. I didn't check AP status... but hopefully that is approved too.

Raghu, We haven't met.

Niti.

What could be problem

Guys,
My mailing date for concurrent filing was 01/28/2003. Until now, I have heard nothing from my lawyer regarding RD, ND etc. I don't know what is going on..
After logging with these Fragomen guys, I never get any straight answers. Any suggestions regarding how to approach this problem...
:eek:
thanks guys for your constant updates

Suggestion

Hi,

Ask them if they have any website of their own, where they update info. I think this may just work.

Thanks.

Hi GKVBC,
Yes, if you are talking about Fragomen lawyers, they have but all it show is Date filed which is 01/28/2003.
When you talk to them, the answer is: Vermont is backlogged and they have not even entered your info in BCIS system. The reason I am worried is that majority of Feb Filers have their ND and RD, and I have no status update.

-thanks for reply

-Avnish

Ask for mail tracking #

Mine got mailed on Jan30, I have Notice Date. So I believe U shd have got Receipts by now. Ask ur lawyer to give ur Fed Ex or UPS or whateever Mail Tracking # so that U can check whether ur package got delivered to BCIS.

EAD/AP approved for me and spouse !!

Not a measure to any of you to calculate times as my ND is 1/25/03. Nevertheless, if any of you waiting for EAD approvals and is nervous; this could help to ease it out a bit. Its the VSC processing mystery.

By the way, VSC processing dates are updated. For EAD (EB2/EB3) its 3/4/03.

Details in Signature. Also updated the January spread sheet.

Good Luck !.
-Sanga

Congratulation!!

Sanga,

One abnormal phenomenon has been gone.

Any way, Congratulation again.
Have a nice weekend.

- KIH

Last edited by a moderator:
EAD APPROVED

checked the online tracking and message is changed to EAD approved will be mailed to u. i will update the file once Ead is recieved........

Concurrent Filing

I-140/485/765/131 for my self, wife and Son.

Category: EB-3 with Substitute LC
MD: 01/09/2003
RD: 01/10/2003
ND: 01/31/2003

Finger Print Notice date: 2/21/2003
Finger Print Notice Received: 2/28/2003
Finger print scheduled date: 3/27/2003
Finger Prints completed: 3/1/2003
Finger Prints Received / Process Resumed: 3/6/2003
EAD Approved: 3/26/2003
EAD Card Received: 4/4/2003
AP Approved: 3/27/2003