J U L Y 2010 filers please post your Progress here!

7/26/2010 I-130/I-485 mailed to Chicago via Express mail
7/27/2010 Package signed for (as of USPS notification)
08/03/2010 Notification from USCIS (email/phone) that apps were received
08/05/2010 I-130/I-485 checks cashed
08/06/2010 Got mail notifications that apps were received.

hello all !!

hey .

where are the JULYiers gone :) no updates !! does it mean USICS has not been very kind to JULYiers that we are not getting updates !! :)

lets keep this thread rolling !!

eagle, heard any thing about IL?? how much time does it take to see some change after FP?

regards,
mudita

My timeline

DO: SFO
Applied for Mom (I am a USC)

07/10/10 - Mailed to Chicago LockBox I-130/I485/I864
07/20/10 - Mail received from USCIS stating that they received the packet and entered into their system
07/20/10 - Checks cashed
07/24/10 - NOA received for I-130 and I-485
07/29/10 - Received Biometrics notification scheduled for 08/16/10.
08/06/10 - Walked into Oakland ASC and completed Biometrics.
08/09/10 - Received RFE for Birth Certificate. Need to submit an acceptable BC.

hey .

eagle, heard any thing about IL?? how much time does it take to see some change after FP?

regards,
mudita

Hi!

I found out the RFE is about financial stability. They claim the income doesn't meet the req (to be 125% above poverty line) , which is somehow crazy. Does any body know why they would say so? Also, they want the recent year tax stuff. I managed to get an infopass meeting for 18th, to discuss the income and find out what we can do about it. My husband doesn't cooperate here, and doesn't want to show his bank statement, claiming it creates IRS problems for him!!!! I am hoping in that meeting we convince them that we already meet the req. I also want to see if I can request expedition of my case based on financial loss. I will let you know about these after 18th. If anyone here can tell me anything about the issues I am having, I appreciate it:
- Why would they say we are below poverty line?? what financial info gives them that idea?
- Why my husband doesn't want to show his bank statement or deed of the house as extra assets?
- Can I request the expedition of the file while my file is on hold for the req'd financial documents? What should I tell them to prove the financial loss I'm going thru?

Mudita, in response to your question about processing after FP, if your documents are complete, you should recieve EAD card within 3-4 weeks, and immediately after that IL usually set within 3-4 weeks after that. Hope you don't have any complications.

Good luck everyone, please pray for me! Thanks.

Hi Eagle,

I am regular visitor of this forum and also recently filed my i485 i130 and i 765. basically when you have to proof your financial stability you have to submit your W-2 forms of the recent year and also the first page of the tax return ( which i cant recall the name). With that you have to submit the last 3 years W-2 forms also for example 2009, 2008 and 2007. Also you have to submit your husband job letter if he is working for the company which should state is post and hisn annual income. Did you submit all this information when you filed your case ??? another thing is does your husband support anyone on his income other than you? coz the more people he supports the more income you have to show example his family members.
You stated that you had gotta lawyer who is dealing this case didnt he calculated the financial stability at the first time when you were filing your case. You should seriously contact your lawyer in this regard. I think when you go to the info pass you should also take your husband tax return for all the last 3 years. Bank statements are just not enough evidence. You have to go prepare. I would also recommend you to talk to your lawyer.
I hope everything works out for you.

Hi Eagle,

I am regular visitor of this forum and also recently filed my i485 i130 and i 765. basically when you have to proof your financial stability you have to submit your W-2 forms of the recent year and also the first page of the tax return ( which i cant recall the name). With that you have to submit the last 3 years W-2 forms also for example 2009, 2008 and 2007. Also you have to submit your husband job letter if he is working for the company which should state is post and hisn annual income. Did you submit all this information when you filed your case ??? another thing is does your husband support anyone on his income other than you? coz the more people he supports the more income you have to show example his family members.
You stated that you had gotta lawyer who is dealing this case didnt he calculated the financial stability at the first time when you were filing your case. You should seriously contact your lawyer in this regard. I think when you go to the info pass you should also take your husband tax return for all the last 3 years. Bank statements are just not enough evidence. You have to go prepare. I would also recommend you to talk to your lawyer.
I hope everything works out for you.

Hi Faddu630,

And thank you very much for your message.

I made a big mistake to trust a friend of my husband's who is an immigration lawyer with our case; He definitely sucks. I had major arguments with him within the last couple of weeks, and convinced my husband to take over the case ourselves, and take that guy off. The first alarm about him: when my husband gave him the financial forms (affidavit), the lawyer friend got it and said that he wouldn't want to open it and know about his income!! I should've known then... Anyway, NO, he didn't check those papers. I am hoping they have made some mistakes when checking the tax stuff, and I'm going to take all 3 years of tax papers (1040s) to my infopass meeting and convince them that we are above 125% of poverty line, hoping they woudn't want anymore to see the deed of the house or other statements.

I'm also preparing to request for expedite on the basis of service error (if the above is enough). I recently had an accident, too, based on which I may request expedite, since there are lot of extra bills to pay. What do you think?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Hi Eagle,

Thats good that you took that lawyer out of your case, he seems really unprofessional. Well i was on the uscis website... they had the poverty guidelines over there so you can search for i864p that would give some picture about the annual income. I would suggest take all the 3 years tax papers and also the house deed and the bank statements to the info pass.
as far as the accident thing is concerned its totally your call. I hope things work out for you.

hello eagle,

hope u r doing well,..very sad to know about the accident.......am sure u r a strong lay and will not get disheartened.... so cheer up ;-)

yeah, faddu630 has been very correct in his suggestions, ...you should try to take 3 years W2+ 1040+1099 papers if possible , also try to get a bank statement showing ur income....and also if possible try to get a employee letter from where ur husband work...where the letter states the position, salary and the tenure he has been associated with the organization..

am sure ur hard work will pay off.. wishing u all the good luck and best wishes.

Good Luck to everyone !!

As far as we go, we also havent heard anything yet, !!! :-(( its going to be close to 20 odd days......since FP was done !!! Faddu630, in how much more time, should we expect something !!

cheers to all,
regards,
mudita

Hi Faddu630 and Mudita, and thank you again for your message; I only have 1040s for 3 years from my husband and the deed of the house to take with me to the meeting. As I said, my husband doesn't want to give any bank statement. He is self-employed and we can't therefore present anything else.

Thank you also for your sympathy on my accident....I'm still shaky, but as you said it, Mudita, I can't afford any break here and should hold up strong. I also read somewhere online that they only let in one person in infopass meeting. So I asked my husband to prepare a conviction paper !!! - the reasons how we stand much above the poverty line. I hope I can convince them; if so, I can refer to 'service error' and ask for expedition. fingers crossed ;)

Hi Eagle and Mudita,

Eagle best of luck with the info pass i hope you will convince them. Worst case scenario if they dont so get a co sponsor which meets the poverty line. Do update us about your meeting with the info pass.
Mudita to your question normally it takes 3 to 4 months for the whole case to process but if they require any RFE so it takes more than that. You recently had FP so normally after FP it takes 3 to 4 weeks for the EAD to arrive. After recieveing EAD they will send you an interview date which will be schedule after 3 to 4 weeks of the EAD. I wish you best of luck and good luck.

08/16/2010 Got mail for Biometrics appointment (scheduled for 09/09/2010)

Is it normal? Almost 30 days, I haven't received Biometrics appointment letter.

-----------

My Timeline
GC through married to USC

07/14/10(DAY 00) - Mailed Package (I130 / I485 / I765 / I864EZ)
07/16/10(DAY 02) - Package Received
07/22/10(DAY 08) - Checks Cashed (Send 2 Checks: $1,010 and $355). (From Letter: INS sent the NOA out the same day the checks were cleared)
07/24/10(DAY 10) - Received 3 NOA(I-765 / I-485 / I-130.)

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, although they say allow 30 days for FP appointment letter to come in, I would call them and ask whether they sent out the biometrics letter. Just tell them that you are worried the letter might have been lost in mail. That will get them to look at the status and you'll know what is up.
Is it normal? Almost 30 days, I haven't received Biometrics appointment letter.

-----------

Fairfax, VA

My Timeline

07/14/10(DAY 00) - Mailed Package (I130 / I485 / I765 / I864EZ)
07/16/10(DAY 02) - Package Received
07/22/10(DAY 08) - Checks Cashed (Send 2 Checks: $1,010 and $355). (From Letter: INS sent the NOA out the same day the checks were cleared)
07/24/10(DAY 10) - Received 3 NOA(I-765 / I-485 / I-130.)

08/18/2010 Got email notification that RFE was sent out via mail....

Don't know what is up but we'll see when the mail comes in..

Just joint this forum. Here's my timeline:

USC Sponsoring Mom (SF, California)
07/07/2010: I-130+I-485+I-765+I-134 Apps. mailed to Chicago Lockbox via USPS Express Mail
07/08/2010: App. packet rcvd by USCIS (per USPS tracking)
07/14/2010: Checks cashed
07/15/2010: USCIS Email+Text Msg: Receipt of all apps.
07/17/2010: I-797C NOA receipt notices rcvd. for all apps.
07/21/2010: Rcvd. I-797C NOA for Biometrics Appt for 8/16/10
08/16/2010: Biometrics Done at local USCIS App. Support Center

Good luck to everyone with their respective applications !

Ok... my infopass meeting experience?? still looking for the right word. I tell you all, and you judge.

I arrived in the Washington Field Office - located in Fairfax County - around 1:4o. At the entrance, I was checked and monitored - don't know what for?? Then they asked me to show them my appointment letter printed. I did. They showed me the front desk. A woman. I went to her, and she asked why are you here? I told her I want to explain a service error based on tax returns, submit a letter notifying we are removing our lawyer from the case, and my expedite request with all necessary documents. She said: we don't do anything of this here!! I said I talked to several people on USCIS 800 no to make sure .... she said oh the 800 number. well they just say things!!!!!!!!!! I happened to make her like me a bit becasue she looked at the figures in my documents and agreed the income definitely does meet the financial requirements, but asked me to send all what I had with me the address given in my RFE letter! (oh really!!! like we don't know that) but I remained very friendly and didn't show my frustration. She also mentioned due to the RFE my file is on hold; it will be on hold untill they accept my reasons for financial adequacy or we ultimately provide other asset deeds... She mentioned my expedite request would not work right away until the file is back on active again. She also gave me a new appointment for Sep 14th in case I don't hear about my RFE response. When I was getting out, all officers told me she liked me!!! And before I get to think, I heard her screaming to the people in line in front of her waiting to talk to her, 'to shut up'....yeah, she definitely liked me! to listen to me and the rest. And yes, when you're talking to the front desk, everybody in line hears you! My judgement: No use. Waste of time.

When I got back home I called the 800 no, and explained my experience and asked the same questions. The girl answered them all with, we don't know! Finally I told her, that if they don't know, how am I supposed to deal with this? And she decided to transfer me to 'level 2'. Now this new person knew a lot; she asked me to read her my RFE word by word and brought out some technicalities. She suggested that we check about other immigrants my husband has sponsored for green card (which affect the required income), and explained the complications if we decide to provide the deed of the house. She also specified to mention the 2009 tax extention application in my cover letter. Also, she said there is no point sending the expedite request along with my RFE request. She believed I need to respond to RFE thru mail, and expect something within 20-30 days. Anything that confirms they got my mail. Then I can call them and ask for expedite.

Sorry for writing all these details....I'm only doing this for those of you who might start to have complications like this, and I want you to know about my experience so you know for yourself. I'm going to send the documents prepared to Missori center where my case is handled, and will let you know as soon as I have new update.

Mudita, please feel free to take this message out if you or other people at this threat think it's not necessary. Again thank you all for being there ....it feels so good to have some buddies along this road.

After Tretik recommended me to call. So, I did call them, but they couldn't do anything. They told me since my 30-day is on Sunday(8/22). They ask me to wait. If I didn't get Biometric letter on Monday(8/23), I could call them back again. Unfortunately, I did get the letter on Friday, Aug 20, 2010.

Here my update time line.

My Timeline

07/14/10(DAY 00)(DAY 00) - Mailed Package (I130 / I485 / I765 / I864EZ)
07/16/10(DAY 02)(DAY 00) - Package Received
07/22/10(DAY 08)(DAY 00) - Checks Cashed (Send 2 Checks: $1,010 and $355). (From Letter: INS sent the NOA out the same day the checks were cleared)
07/24/10(DAY 10)(DAY 02) - Received 3 NOA(I-765 / I-485 / I-130.)
08/20/10(DAY 37)(DAY 29) - Received Biometrics Letter (I am not sure how they calculate the date. Anyway, they didn't give information about Biometric via email or sms) (Appointment print out since 8/13)
09/10/10(DAY 58)(DAY 50) - Biometrics Appointment

Last edited by a moderator:
08/21/2010 Got mail RFE: they want me to submit my current EAD, my tax return and W-2s.

This was not in any instructions for the I-864. Apparently, if you have been in the US for several years and have been working and you are the beneficiary of an I-130, you have to submit tax stuff too. Didn't know that but I think useful to know for everybody else.

Did you go to get fingerprint done before appointment date at Richmond Hwy Alexandria, VA? Did they ask you for passport? I just renew my passport. I won't get it until next 4-week. On my appointment date, I have an important exam. I don't wanna wait any longer since my case seem pretty slow compare to other people.

I did't call them - and guess we can't anyway. I walked in there, showed my letter, the officer looked at it and said, ok, then you wan to do it earlier, ha? Good!
So I didn't even have to bring an excuse. Super friendly everyone of them in Alexandria office. Hope everyone is lucky here with their process.

08/21/2010 Got mail RFE: they want me to submit my current EAD, my tax return and W-2s.
08/22/2010 Sent out documents requested through RFE + I-765 renewal application.