• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

It's official - 2012 invalidated.. redraw

Encrypt654 is right.
Looser from the first draw got a second chance to win while winner from the first draw just got more chance to loose.

I am sooo disappointed and already asked my employer to stop my EB Green Card processing (I am in the US with H1B visa). My friend has a high blood pressure at this moment and couldn't go to the work today (not everyone can take such a disappointment easily!).
I have a question to the lawyers, Can we start a lawsuit against Department of State for such a thing?
I am sure there will be much more people who would like to do the same! So it will be the collective lawsuit.

I am in with the class-settlement-lawsuit.. !! At least, there should be some sort of success and way for a lawsuit due to our loss of money (photos, courier postage etc)... Even if it is 50 USD.. imagine what a damage if you multiply it by 22,000 !!!

There has been class-settlement-lawsuits for 50 US-Cents... and they were all won !

Thanks !...

please share this..facebook.com/pages/US-Green-Card-Lottery-DV-2012-22000-winners-cant-be-ignored/130905823651601?sk=wall

I am also one of the 22,000 and i will not just sit and accept this.... this is not how the DOS just get away from this !

Hey Hursa!
I really understand ur predicament atm, but I think ur actually wasting ur time as this will not get u anywhere! I would advice you go back to your room to hand everything to God for him to make the final decision so that you will emerge as a winner on the 15th July :) because he (God) is the author and finisher of our faith.

@Dubbies

I believe to god and i thought also when i did won, hey... god has a plan with me ....

But stop commenting GOD every time !! I do not remember this being a religious forum...

well, while i understand that thoses who applied after the first two days deserve a fair chance, what thoses who lost do not understand is that it is hard to have a winning notification just to have it revoked.. & the most disgusting part was the KCC operators telling us that nothing was wrong & to keep sending the forms... the petition won't do any good, will just arm the KCC because they allready got their funds cut so them paying fees (because none will win a winner notification) will hurt the program even more... so basicaly, i didn't have like 5% chance like most angolan born get years after years but i may got like 50 to 100%... now let us just wait july 15, if some wants to e childish, let them be, it is a forum, you can't stop internet fighters... just praise god next time you win & the winner stay winner but i know that kcc will get their ears hurted because in thoses 22 000 ones, many won't win & they won't rest like nice boys... but what happen happen

I can understand why you are speechless at this point :) seriously I would too :) hahaha
I am sure somebody who wrote the program are being grilled by their superior at KCC,
and if this program were outsources, that private company can forget about KCC extending the contract with them.

now, I do question why do you want this DV Lottery to be closed...
I know misery loves company, but come on hahaha :)

just because you were revoke, you want nobody to ever win ??? that is bad mentality,
and US do not need that kind of people to come to USA :) hahaha

again, you are not a good person because you clearly want to sign petition to CLOSE DOWN DV Lottery ever !!! :)

hahaha

what a pathetic idea that is...

I like your comments and I was almost supporting the same ideas. From what I know, the software is from a VA based vendor. Not developed in KCC

well, while i understand that thoses who applied after the first two days deserve a fair chance, what thoses who lost do not understand is that it is hard to have a winning notification just to have it revoked.. & the most disgusting part was the KCC operators telling us that nothing was wrong & to keep sending the forms... the petition won't do any good, will just arm the KCC because they allready got their funds cut so them paying fees (because none will win a winner notification) will hurt the program even more... so basicaly, i didn't have like 5% chance like most angolan born get years after years but i may got like 50 to 100%... now let us just wait july 15, if some wants to e childish, let them be, it is a forum, you can't stop internet fighters... just praise god next time you win & the winner stay winner but i know that kcc will get their ears hurted because in thoses 22 000 ones, many won't win & they won't rest like nice boys... but what happen happen

Its typical that phone operators/ people who reply to your emails are not DOS or KCC employees, they are most probably contractors who know nothing about the process. Decisions are made by upper level people and it takes days or weeks to reach the people who in the bottom of the DOS hierarchy

Thanks italiano1964.

It says: "Of those who looked up their status, about 22,000 were informed erroneously that they had been selected to move to the next step in the process, the department said".

Doesn't this mean that they have already selected the 100,000 but only 22,000 know about their selection?

It does not say "those that were selected". It says those that that looked went on the website whether they won or lost. So 22,000 out of 19 million.

You people with the want to go onto the lawsuit, go ahead and do it then piss them off and cancel the DV lottery altogether, and hooray we will all be losers, and possibly never able to try out again.

Seriously, you guys are making their life difficult, not everyone can be winners, and this is a lottery AFTER all.

guys, error happens. i am a programmer by profession and errors do happen. its part of any job. you are lucky the error is found, KCC admitted its mistakes and is calling for a fair redraw once again. God be with you all and keep on hoping.

guys, error happens. i am a programmer by profession and errors do happen. its part of any job. you are lucky the error is found, KCC admitted its mistakes and is calling for a fair redraw once again. God be with you all and keep on hoping.

I wonder what or who prompted them to double check the results? I am certain that they received many complaints....