• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

It's official - 2012 invalidated.. redraw

I know that this is such a pain for the people who were selected. If I were one of them I'd probably be drunk to hell to get over it. I hear how frustrated you are and hope that luck is with you during the correct selection process.

The reason that they will not keep the 22k and continue with a selection for just 78k is that it would still not be valid under DV Lottery regulations as those 22k who had won, would still have been selected with the computer biased towards the day that they had applied. The selections process has to be random for all 100k and has not to favor any application to another for any reason.

Also dont forget that the lottery selection is only an initial process. The Department of State, Office of Visa Services has the right to proceed or not proceed with any lottery selection so as everybody knows and is included in the instructions winning the lottery does not guarantee that you will be granted a visa, the final decision at the end is made by the US Government.

you can erase you signature
Although it is a big scandal, life goes on...nothing we can do except hoping to re-win on July 15.

shit happens in life and as I said life still goes on...toughen out and get over it is my additude...

The worst thing here is - those who already returned forms to KCC actually ruined their opportunity to visit USA on all kinds of nonimmigrant visas that don't allow dual intent. They clearly indicated to DOS that they want to immigrate to US.

Ehm, not really. They could've gotten visas but not the citizenship. THey could've just tried living there and then move back.

simple math....
i compared the last 3 years for all angolan born... & for the last 3 years, angolan born were between 4 & 5.2% of being selected
& I am not from europe...
LOL

But really.. jayo2k where did you get that 5% number ? You got as much chance as anyone now.
If you mean -chances of you winning from (I'm guessing) -europe - then I doubt it's 5 %, you can calculate it using the previous wins and number of entries from your country.

do u realy think you are hurting me? honestly, do you realy think so? If you were hurting me like you think, you would have been back in my ignore list long time ago...

I don't know :) what do you think ? :) hahaha

ps: I don't mind if you want me to be on your ignore list :) hahaha

Although it is a big scandal, life goes on...nothing we can do except hoping to re-win on July 15.

shit happens in life and as I said life still goes on...toughen out and get over it is my additude...

now , jayo2k, do you hear that ? :)
relax man,
my chance will be the same as your chance this time... (July 15)
might not be a good chance, but we all have the same FAIR chance :) hahaha

The worst thing here is - those who already returned forms to KCC actually ruined their opportunity to visit USA on all kinds of nonimmigrant visas that don't allow dual intent. They clearly indicated to DOS that they want to immigrate to US.

KCC won't even bother to enter their data into the database for Green Card prospective applicant,
beside the other 19 million people who enter their data (for DV Winner process) and don't win still able to apply for Tourist Visa or other visa.
I knew this because many friend of mine enter their data for DV Lottery (this already show the intent to migrate),
then they don't win and they still able to later extend their tourist visa or extend their student visa.

what i don't understand is that i didn't enter the lottery in the first few days.
How did I get picked then?

now getting picked twice...? better try the lotto

Well, if it can make you feel better, the first time doesn't really count because it wasn't really random. Had it been truly random and then invalidated for some other reason, then for sure it would be extremely unlikely to be picked a second time, but in this case the first selection was obviously flawed and skewed, so you can't give it any statistical importance when it comes to the outcome of the second selection.

well, now we wait 2 months... but the bright part is that i know my entry wasn't illegitimate because many people don't know if their entries got disqualified or not
Well, if it can make you feel better, the first time doesn't really count because it wasn't really random. Had it been truly random and then invalidated for some other reason, then for sure it would be extremely unlikely to be picked a second time, but in this case the first selection was obviously flawed and skewed, so you can't give it any statistical importance when it comes to the outcome of the second selection.

Please sign this Petition and spread it into the world !!! Facebook, Twitter and co will also help the 22,000... Not only all people from North Africa !!

petitionspot.com/petitions/dv2012

Edit: Someone might add this link since i cannot add the link before doing 15 posts !

Thanks

Will it be possible to know what was the % of people initially selected are selected a 2nd time in by July 15th, the chances are infinitely low that they may be selected a 2nd time, if this is true, then there may have been an exclusion list of some sort, so can we say the algorithm will be fair and not biased towards initially selected applicants?????

Thanks !...

please share this..facebook.com/pages/US-Green-Card-Lottery-DV-2012-22000-winners-cant-be-ignored/130905823651601?sk=wall

I am also one of the 22,000 and i will not just sit and accept this.... this is not how the DOS just get away from this !

You can find the old thread cached by google where the guy who was right got all the abuse. Bet the people who shouted abuse at him feel silly now:
Google: forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?323624-DV-2012-was-a-SCAM-!!!/page1
Google: forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?323624-DV-2012-was-a-SCAM-!!!/page2
Google: forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?323624-DV-2012-was-a-SCAM-!!!/page11