• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

issue with one of the first name missing on green card

dadadada72

Registered Users (C)
On september of last year I came in USA under Diversity Lottery Program. I received my green card a month later and have notice that one of my first name is missing(exemple:JEAN instead of
JEAN ROBERT), obviously ROBERT is missing. I received my SSN(social security number) with the right first name JEAN ROBERT as mentioned on my birth certificate.

I have also noticed that my canadian passport (where my my green card visa was issued) missed also ROBERT. I immediately took an appoitment with the nearest canadian embassy to correct it and they did after checking my birth certificate and other relevant documents: they said all my canadian documents have all my first name correctly written (JEAN ROBERT) and the agent who issued my canadian passport 3 years before forgot ROBERT. Now I have a new canadian passport with the corrected first name JEAN ROBERT .

I am determine to have my green card replaced so I don`t know if I have to pay the fee $450 when filling the I-90 form? and how can I explain my case to the USCIS in order to have my GC replaced ?
I deeply need your help. Thanks in advance.........

So, your third name is missing? That shouldn't be a problem. Middle names are often left out. You can try and apply for a GC and send a copy of your SSN and birth certificate showing your third name was missing, but I doubt it'll be replaced for free. You should just let it be.

I received my green card a month later and have notice that one of my first name is missing...

I am determine to have my green card replaced so I don`t know if I have to pay the fee $450 when filling the I-90 form? and how can I explain my case to the USCIS in order to have my GC replaced ?
In one of the letters (Form I797-D) than came with your Green Card it says:
"Please check your card to verify that the information is correct. If you find an error on it please call us at the number provided below"

The number to call them on is 1-800-375-5283.

So, your third name is missing? That shouldn't be a problem. Middle names are often left out. You can try and apply for a GC and send a copy of your SSN and birth certificate showing your third name was missing, but I doubt it'll be replaced for free. You should just let it be.

Thanks for replying, I am working hard to save some money for the $450 fee in case USCIS charges me. I will send a copy of the following documents:
-birth certificate
-SSN
-canadian driver license
-marriage certificate
-first page of canadian passport

...and hoping it will help..........

In one of the letters (Form I797-D) than came with your Green Card it says:
"Please check your card to verify that the information is correct. If you find an error on it please call us at the number provided below"

The number to call them on is 1-800-375-5283.

hi,
thanks for replying, I did call that # , they advised me to fill-up the I90-form and send copy of documents evidencing my third name.............

Is your third name really that important? $450? My social security card has my middle name, and my GC only had my middle initial. I really think you're wasting your money. You have enough names on the card to prove it isn't a fake.

Is your third name really that important? $450? My social security card has my middle name, and my GC only had my middle initial. I really think you're wasting your money. You have enough names on the card to prove it isn't a fake.

hi,

I think it is very important to have all names on green card , when applying for citizenship USCIS uses only the names on green card.

Correct Names

The Visa and Green Card were issued with the name on your Canadian Passport which did not have Robert. Since you have now corrected the Canadian Passport to reflect your full first name of Jean Robert, you will most likely have to pay the I-90 fee for issuance of a new Green Card with the corrected name. I do not think that this would qualify as an administrative error of issuing the Green Card or Visa with the just the first half of the first name. Many French names have two first names. Just my two cents!

The Visa and Green Card were issued with the name on your Canadian Passport which did not have Robert. Since you have now corrected the Canadian Passport to reflect your full first name of Jean Robert, you will most likely have to pay the I-90 fee for issuance of a new Green Card with the corrected name. I do not think that this would qualify as an administrative error of issuing the Green Card or Visa with the just the first half of the first name. Many French names have two first names. Just my two cents!

thanks for your advice......