Is this it, or what?

laguy

Registered Users (C)
When I had my interview with the USCIS officer he gave a me form saying I was approved. The letters is the LOS ADN 316.1
Just want to make sure, or deos it need to go trhou other approval?
This was for my citizenship
thank you

Never heard of that form as an approval form. Did you have long absences or something like that in your application?

I've seen your other post and it seems you got some sort of a decision cannot be made because some prior record. 316.1 is the part of the law that deals with good moral character and things like that. I think the letter should be clear if they are denying your application. Definitely it doesn't sound like an oath letter.

Furthermore, it seems the letter you mention is something the officer give you during the interview, not something you received later on. You need to get what is called an oath letter to show up for your oath ceremony and what you mention doesn't seem to be it, unfortunately.

When I had my interview with the USCIS officer he gave a me form saying I was approved. The letters is the LOS ADN 316.1
Just want to make sure, or deos it need to go trhou other approval?
This was for my citizenship
thank you

Just wait for a letter to arrive from USCIS that requires signature to be released to you. It seems your case has moral issues which the officer is going to review before rendering a decision. If you receive a message from the USPS about a letter requiring your immediate attention, consider yourself in a new category....

Huracan,

let me read what the letter says

Dear Naturalization applicant:
Congratulations! Your application for Naturalization has been approved.
To complete the naturalization process, you must now take the oath of allegiance before a judged of united states district court. The it goes on saying to to vote till I'm sworn in. and that I will receive a letter days prior to my ceremony.

On the bottom its says again
Once again, congratulation on passing your citizenship interview.

Sorry if I have caused you any worries. I had never heard of that type of letter before. Usually they just send the oath letter. It would seem that you have been approved. I don't think they will do any other checks. Just wait for your oath letter.

Huracan,

To complete the naturalization process, you must now take the oath of allegiance before a judged of united states district court. The it goes on saying to to vote till I'm sworn in. and that I will receive a letter days prior to my ceremony.

Sorry for scaring raccoons out of you. I appears the section I pulled deals with moral stance for immigration.

Huracan,

Are you sure? SO far as I know no one gets such approval notice unless it is the oath letter itself.

I spoke to a co-workers who just happened to pass her interview about a month ago and she claims she go the same letter. The only difference is that she got her oath letters just two weeks after the interview. Mine is its 3rd week and nothing yet.

I spoke to a co-workers who just happened to pass her interview about a month ago and she claims she go the same letter. The only difference is that she got her oath letters just two weeks after the interview. Mine is its 3rd week and nothing yet.
No worries..you received a non standard interview results letter. Your next step is to wait for oath letter.

As per your earlier post on Sep/10 you had interview then - just recently. It is almost a month since your interview. Who is your DO ? Is there a name change involved in your case?? Probably it is time to schedule an Infopass and get reasons for delay.

As per your earlier post on Sep/10 you had interview then - just recently. It is almost a month since your interview. Who is your DO ? Is there a name change involved in your case?? Probably it is time to schedule an Infopass and get reasons for delay.
Mad, it makes sence. I did had a name change, so this can actually delay the oath letter

Could it be:-

LOS = Los Angeles

ADN = Adjudicator's initials or "Applicant Denied Naturalisation"?

316.1 =
8 C.F.R. 316.1 O( a)( 1) requires that the applicant for naturalization prove that he or she has been and continues to be, for the period required by law (naturalization statutory period), a person of good moral character.

Under 8 C.F.R. 316. 1 0(a)(2), U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) shall evaluate claims of good moral character on a case-by-case basis taking into account sta~dards of the average citizen in the community of residence. This regulation additionally provides that USCIS may consider an applicant's conduct and acts at any time prior to the statutory period to determine Good Moral Character ifthe conduct of the applicant during the statutory period does not reflect a reform of character from an earlier period.

8 C.F.R. 316.1 O(b )(3)(iii) provides that, unless the applicant establishes extenuating circumstances, the applicant may be found to lack good moral character, if during the statutory period, he or she has committed unlawful acts that adversely reflect upon his or her moral character, even ifthere is no criminal conviction or imprisonment for such acts.

The letters is the LOS ADN 316.1