• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

IS THERE ANY HOPE FOR REQUEST FOR RECONSIDERATION

sainTRovy

I was at my interview on 03-03-2020 in Ghana Accra. I submitted WASSCE Certificate which is equivalent to 12 years of elementary and secondary education in the united states and also the minimum requirement, but I was Refused my DV visa on the reason of (INA) SECTION 212(a)(5)(A). Is there anything I can do about it

Ghana embassy isn’t looking at just the submission of the WASCE certificate which you believe may be equivalent to a US HS diploma, they also consider the actual grades obtained. Was that your highest school degree? Are you currently employed? Those are additional things that might have worked in your favor assuming your grades did not meet the requirements.

Unfortunately the decision is final, no appeal, no reconsideration available.

Thank you. I am just not lucky. My grades was truly not the best and I only work as Assistant Hotel Manager

So the WASCE certificate you present was not equivalent to a successful completion of 12 years of elementary and secondary education in the United States as required by the rules. So you were rightly denied. Nothing else to to do at this point but to move on.

@sainTRovy Did you fail your maths and English? They mostly deny people when they fail this subjects. If your wassce can't admit you into the university, you have no chance man, sorry.. Oo

There is no appeal. The section cited might refer to either education or work experience as being ineligible. The manual provides for the decision to be overcome if you can meet the requirement before the end of the DV year. I don’t know if that’s a realistic option for you, or how easy it might be to get another interview schedueld If you could do it, given that Accra is a busy consulate.

https://fam.state.gov/fam/09FAM/09FAM050206.html

High School Education or Equivalent:

(1) (U) You must adjudicate the applicant’s qualifications under this requirement. In order to enter or apply for a visa under the DV program, the alien need not prove that this requirement is met. The applicant must, however, meet this requirement by the end of the fiscal year in which selected and present evidence of completion to the satisfaction of the consular officer. If the applicant does not meet the requirement at the time of the visa interview, you should refuse the case under INA 212 (a)(5)(A). If the applicant presents evidence of completion of high school before the end of the fiscal year, and visas are still available for the region, you may overcome the refusal.

Work Experience:

(1) (U) No Labor Certification: The labor certification requirement of INA 212(a)(5) does not apply to applicants applying as DV immigrants. Applicants, however, who do not meet the education requirement, must meet the work experience requirement of two years of experience in an occupation which requires at least two years training or experience within the five-year period immediately prior to application, or be able to meet the requirement prior to the end of the fiscal year in which the applicant was selected. If the applicant does not meet this requirement at the time of the interview, you should refuse the case 5A. If the requirement is met before the end of the fiscal year and visas are still available for the region, you may overcome the refusal.

Last edited:
Physics C4, Chemistry E8, Intergrated science D7, Social Studies C6 elective Maths F9
To fail 2 elective subjects is difficult to go through esp when you failed maths. I know a couple of guys who failed either maths or English but still went through successfully. E8 is a fail so nothing can be done

To fail 2 elective subjects is difficult to go through esp when you failed maths. I know a couple of guys who failed either maths or English but still went through successfully. E8 is a fail so nothing can be done
Will my experience in poultry farming not help

I checked the CEAC today and my case number show two results, one is has the status refused and the other is ready. What could possibly mean.

I checked the CEAC today and my case number show two results, one is has the status refused and the other is ready. What could possibly mean.

I would caution against getting your hopes high if you already interviewed and were outrightly denied at the end of the interview. There’s a reported glitch about the CEAC a couple of days ago with cases placed on AP suddenly showing up as Refused. I’m guessing the processing of resolving that issued is causing your already adjudicated case to now show as Ready.

I would caution against getting your hopes high if you already interviewed and were outrightly denied at the end of the interview. There’s a reported glitch about the CEAC a couple of days ago with cases placed on AP suddenly showing up as Refused. I’m guessing the processing of resolving that issued is causing your already adjudicated case to now show as Ready.
I understand, Thank you very much.