Is it too early to start Jan 03 Tracker??? Why not!!

Hi,

Could you guys post if when you did FP1, whether it was done on paper or
on a electronically, by scanning into a computer? If so, maybe USCIS already has your FPs and doesn't need to issue FP2 notices.....

Thanks a lot!

A 2004 filer who hopes with action on 2003 cases, 2004 can't be that far off...

Bharad1,

FP is an FBI process. USCIS only gets the clearance from them. FPs are not retained forever (maybe because of storage issues) which means we have to do the FP dance again after 15-20 months.

Being a 2004 filer may mean that you stand a better chance of approval than a 2002 filer. (Pilot projects etc...)The stupidity of this system is amazing.

Rsur,

FPs now are being stored (either by CIS or FBI), based on a congressional testimony transcript i read . My FP, done in June 04, was done on computer (FPs scanned into computer -- no ink or FingerPrint card). I was just trying to find out if Jan 03 onwards, this is the process followed. I think, if it was done on a paper card, the FP card is not preserved, but if on computer, maybe they store and resend it for verification after 15 months?

Being very optimist here....the other alternate is pretty horrible -- they haven't even thought about FPing Jan 03 cases, then when will they process them (and reach 04 cases). With my luck my case will probably get picked for the slow queue Pilot!

Frustrating

It is very frustrating to see that very very few Jan 03 filers have got their FP2 notices......almost none so far in rupnet....when almost many of the spet-dec02 filers have gotten their fp2/approvals etc etc.....

guess they are treating the 03 filers in a special way!! :D

ssk007, we share the same thoughts. I am not sure what's going on with that, but this is exactly the situation.

chinnipappu said:
I did my 1st FP in Mar 2003...it was done using electronic scan at Newark, NJ

Great! Maybe this can explain why Jan 03 filers didn't get FP2 notices -- they're not reqd since CIS already has electonic copies of FP1.

I really hope this is the case!

gvaknin, ssk007,

Did you do your FP1 on paper?

Bharad

A: no, electronic way, but it was back in Feb, 03.

BTW, I was wondering if the fact that we have not received FP2 has anything to do with the end of the current fiscal year, and we should expect something in October. What do you guys think? and ideas? pros? cons?

My FP1 was done in Apr 03 and do not remember whether it was done on paper or electronic.....I had done it in Tomah,Wisconsin.

Gvaknin,that is a good point....maybe the 03 files will be taken up during the new fiscal year.....although it was disappointing to see the new aila NSC report still showing FEB 02 as the 485 processing date.......

...and then again, maybe USCIS is not updating dates on their web-site because of the same reason (i.e. end of fiscal year)...what do you think? should we expect something (s) starting October 04?

EB3:Concurrent

485:
ND:01/21/2003
RD:01/28/2003

AD:??/??/????

EAD1 Approval Date: 04/23/2003
FP1:06/05/2003
EAD2 Approval Date: 04/23/2004

Here is update from my case or no update from day one in case status message...
I-485 Recv Date: 01/22/2003
FP1: Feb 2003
EAD2: Apr 2004
Waiting for second FP...

FP2's

All,

I saw 1 January 03 filer that got an appointment from NSC for FP2 for begining of 10/04. lets wait a little bit to see if we are going to start seeing them coming in.

Another update in the online Date of yesterday. 9/27/2004 but this time its for both me & wife. Incidentally her message shud've been that her fingerprint results have been recvd but no. we both have the same message which used to show up for whole time that ur app was rcvd and its taking between 570-600 days blah blah...
I do beleive that something will happen as both files were touched. This week shud be interesting to sit tight & watch.

KJkool I wish what u said turn true but I know I'll receive atleast 2 RFEs birth related etc. Even if they issue RFE that will be a great turning point too. I'll keep you guys posted. Right now all i'm thinking is
End of the week.....
End of the week......