Is it legal for us to stamp or write soemthing on visa pages of our own US passport?

WBH

Registered Users (C)
I always get a passport stmp whenever possible when enetring or leaving border of any country and keep stamp as sourvinir or . But some country do not that even if you request. For example, land crossing between USA and Canada is such a case. In that situation, can I stamp or write something on visa pages
of my own US passport or my family memebers?

I always get a passport stmp whenever possible when enetring or leaving border of any country and keep stamp as sourvinir or . But some country do not that even if you request. For example, land crossing between USA and Canada is such a case. In that situation, can I stamp or write something on visa pages

Definitely no! Do not alter any pages in your passport! What I did in the past was to update an excel sheet to keep track of my tavel.

Definitely no! Do not alter any pages in your passport! What I did in the past was to update an excel sheet to keep track of my tavel.

So the only thing we can add to our own passport is the signature?

Better than a travel log kept in an excel file in a computer whose hard drive will crash sooner or later.

You can keep a back-up on a second computer and then also a back-up in a cloud service like dropbox, and then if you wish also a back-up on a USB memory stick. The likelihood of four devices/services crashing at the same time is pretty low. I assume the probability of losing your passport where you have hand-made stamps and writings is higher. Or if you do not trust technology that much, prepare a hard-copy sheet and some copies of that sheet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do not think so. The word passport comes from Pass meaning "to go through" and Port meaning: Airport, SeaPort, Border. So it is an Identity Pass to go through a Port/Border. The only people allowed to write on it are Govt Officials from Countries you are visiting or your own.-

Only authorized authorities can stamp or make any marks on your passport. Now, if you want, get a world passport, and you can still get all stamps in it and write yourself in it.

Only authorised government officials are allowed to write in your passport. Before, and maybe still in some countries, currency exchange agents also write down how much foreign currency you buy, etc., but that's about it. People go to Berlin and get souvenir stamps in their passports:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/slyght/2997512885/

but I don't know anything about the legality of these stamps. I also don't know the legality of Inca Trail stamps from Peru:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dolcered/592174131/

but I think these are necessary to make sure you don't stray from your path, or something.

Don't write in your passport, though, except for your personal details on page 4.