Is AP always issued for Multiple Entry ?

KGReddy

Registered Users (C)
Hello All ,
I travelled using AP (valid until 7/03) couple of months ago and I might need to travel again. I am not sure what I selected/checked on the original AP application form about whether the travel is for Single or Multiple Entry but at INS customer service they were telling me it is for multiple entry. I told them about the above option on AP form and still got the same answer from three different INS cutomer service people.
Does anyone know for sure about this ? Any input would be helpful.
Thanks
- GKR

AP is not visa

AP is valid for one year from the approving date. As stated on the AP approval form, AP will authorize an immigration officer at a port of entry in the United States to permit the named bearer whose photograph appears hereon to enter the United States. As an alien paroled, one can go out and come in USA as many times as one like within the valid AP period.

AP is not a visa. You do not need a stamp on your passport.

Thanks for the reply ... I know its not a VISA but what about the option on the AP application form which asks whether the Trip/Travel is for Single or Multiple Entries ? In the beginning I thought one can use AP as many times as one would like with in the valid time frame but the question on form is throwing me off.
Any further comments are appreciated.
Thank You.

If you are filing for AP you should ask for Multiple Entries on the application Form
But when you get AP on that it will not be mentioned if that is for single or multiple entry, you can be admitted before the expiry date of AP, you can travel many times till you have valid AP

multiple entry for AP

I would put multiple entry on AP application form anyway. Actual approved AP is valid before expire date.

So is it safe assume that the question on the AP form is just for information purpose as far as INS is concerned ? I may have put single entry on AP app form.

If U did not check multiple entry in AP application, you will not get AP with multiple entry.

Thanks Jaxen.
I don't understand why would the customer service people at INS tell us that its always for multiple entry without verifying the facts. Had I gone out and land into trouble I would have no one but to blame myself. I believe you more than them ( I read your posts correcting people on this forum )and since I am not sure of selecting Multiple Entry on the AP form, I'll take your advice and re-apply for the AP. At the most I lose $150 ( fee plus mailing ).
Thanks again for the help.

Question about AP

Hello friends,

I have one question about travelling in AP, one of my friend has gone to India after applying AP,I-485 & EAd and her Visa stamping for H4 have expired , though she can stamp H4 , because she have an valid H4 approval from INS, My question is now she already received her AP & EAd approval but she is still in India, So in this case can she travel to US using her AP or does she have to stamp H4 in passport too ? Is it safe to travle in US using the AP , will they let her enter in US because she gone to India before getting her AP approvcal .

Any information will be appreciated.
Thanks

If she can get the H4 visa stamp, that is easier.
She can also use AP to enter, no issues there. If she shows AP, then she will be subject to secondary inspection, although it is not a pain. Some think that not having to carry additional unwieldy documents (AP) is advantageous after a tiresome travel of more than 24 hours and an accent problem.

As a follow up to my original question.... on my AP approval it was marked as Multiple Entries even though I checked single entry option in my I-131 application.
Thanks for your input.