IR5 entry from India for parents

My father got his DQ in Jan 2021. After reading your posts; I am all discouraged. But I also see 10 appointments daily for May and June and they seem to be going wasted as probably consulate is really slow.
so I am really tempted to just schedule the appointment and checking where I would be stopped. But if someone already has any insight; please let me know.

Has anyone here tried to schedule the appointment without NVC or Mumbai consulate email?
its just a question while setting up an appointment whether we got the email and if we select yes; it does allow you to proceed and setup the interview. But no where do they really check if the letter was actually send out or ask us to upload that email confirmation.
If it is for renewal of expired IR5: you may be able to get pass the question and schedule the appointment but not sure you would be able to schedule medical exam until consulate opens the case for clinic to submit results electronically.
For the first time IR5, you also need appointment for fingerprint, etc?

Last edited:
If it is for renewal of expired IR5: you may be able to get pass the question and schedule the appointment but not sure you would be able to schedule medical exam until consulate opens the case for clinic to submit results electronically.
For the first time IR5, you also need appointment for fingerprint, etc?
This is first time IR5. And if I pass that question; it asks me whether I have taken fingerprint before April 2020. And if I say no; it allows me to setup OFC appointment which is basically the fingerprint and biometrics appointment

I got email on March 5th 2021. I try to schedule an appointment for an interview but I can’t find any open slots. I call every single day to Mumbai consulate to schedule my interview . But as I said there is no empty slots available. Please help. Thank you

Attachments

• 6B620AA7-22AA-44EE-84EB-027C3322F78F.jpeg
    6B620AA7-22AA-44EE-84EB-027C3322F78F.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 16
I got email on March 5th 2021. I try to schedule an appointment for an interview but I can’t find any open slots. I call every single day to Mumbai consulate to schedule my interview . But as I said there is no empty slots available. Please help. Thank you
Kindly confirm if yours was a reissue for IR-5 or whether you are going for the first time interview

My parents DQ IR5 April And july 2020. But case still shows In NVC. What to Expect interview in bombay ?thanks
The U.S. Embassy and Consulates in India have resumed immigrant and nonimmigrant visa services in all categories while maintaining health and safety protocols. We are reaching out to suspended immigrant visa cases by category and will resume the scheduling of new cases through the National Visa Center gradually as resources allow. While the Embassy and Consulates in India aim to process cases as soon as practicable, there is likely to be increased wait times for completing such services due to substantial backlogs and limited staffing. The MRV fee is valid and may be used to schedule an interview appointment in the country where it was purchased through September 30, 2022.

Hope this will be helpful to you.

What is there response when you call them?
I was able to schedule renewal appointment but had to cancel it. Could not schedule medical until consulate opens the case. Proactively scheduling appointment before told by consulate does not seem to work.
May be just wait till hear back from the consulate or check with them periodically.

I am trying to re schedule my appointment for IR5 . Slots are not available. Calling every single day to Mumbai consulate to re-schedule my appointment nobody helps. Now my case is expiring soon. Need help any suggestions please

I am trying to re schedule my appointment for IR5 . Slots are not available. Calling every single day to Mumbai consulate to re-schedule my appointment nobody helps. Now my case is expiring soon. Need help any suggestions please
They are cancelling existing appointments due to covid lock down there. May just have to wait until they restart.

It looks like appointments are available now for May. I was able to book an appointment for May 12th for my parents.

It was for expired visa. We had an appointment on April 8th which got canceled. It was available now for May. We got an email back in March to book an appointment.