Iowa SESA Tracker

1 or 3 yr exp?

Spb999,

Can you please mention how many years of experience you have mentioned and bachelors or masters?

Thanks,
SAR

labor

Hello all I am new to this forum.
I am working as a consultant. My employer agreed to apply for my GC in KY. I have given my papers to lawyer. He said he will apply for my labor in few days. I know this employer very well. But my project may end in 1 or 2 months.

I heard I can buy labor certificate if some one has it. I want to go for it. Since my project is uncertain.
Is it required to get one more H1 to apply for I140 & 485 if I get labor clearace form someone?

If you know some one who has labor clearance I am ready to pay.

Please help me in this.

Thanks
Kumar

re:

I think your post might be a bit disturbing for some people .If I were you I might avoid using words like 'I will pay' etc in the forum.

To answer your question. Yes these days people are getting pre approved labor from some companies and applying for their I140/485 . Another H1 is not required but it all depends whether this company who will do your GC wants you to work for it .If Yes then you might need to do an H1 transfer to their company. OR i think you can also get a new one (I am not very sure abt the H1 transfer/ new h1 differences).

Remember : I am not a lawyer .Use these comments at your own risk

Re: Re : LOOKING FOR A COMPANY IN IOWA

Originally posted by pearl12970
desi_boy_usa,
I know of a company.How do you want me to give you their details ?
It wouldn't be appropriate to post it on a public board. They might not like it.

Hi pearl12970,

I'm also interested. Would you please send me the information as well? My email address is lily2004ia@hotmail.com

Thanks,
Lily

Hello Pearl12970,
I applied for labor in May 2002 and still the labor is in DOL Atlanta and according to the dates it could take little under an year. I am tired of waiting so if you know any good companies that have approved labors that would be a big help. My email address is jaspine04@yahoo.com.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone's LC approved from Dec 2003?

According to the latest processing times (03/12) SESA is working the second month now on cases filed on Dec 2003. Has anyone got the approval from Dec? My LC was filled at the end of Dec 2003.

Chicago DOL checking offices in IOWA ?

Hi All,

Is it true that INS agents from Chicago DOL are coming to IOWA to physically check the office premises, infrastructure etc. in IOWA ?
Anyone else heard about this or experienced this ?

Please let me know.

IOWA update

Anybody got approved from IOWA recently? Would you please share your time line. I submitted mine on Feb1, and haven't heard anything since then. Thanks!

Hi Iowa

I filed my LC during first week of Feb 2004. Till now I did not hear anything from SESA. My lawyer most of the IOWA cases they did not get receipt letters but they received letters about case transfers from SESA to Chicago DOL.

Please post here if you have any update on your cases...

Nireekshana.

Re: Re : LOOKING FOR A COMPANY IN IOWA

Hi Pearl,
Can u pls email me @ immidude74@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Immidude74

Originally posted by pearl12970
desi_boy_usa,
I know of a company.How do you want me to give you their details ?
It wouldn't be appropriate to post it on a public board. They might not like it.

Re: re:

I140helppls ,
Please give me your email and I will pass it on to them.
They will contact you.

Originally posted by I140helppls
hi pearl. can u pls pm the companys details too that would be willing to file my labor from iowa

Good news about Labor Approvals in IOWA

All -
Our company has filed two labors from IOWA in the month of July 2003 and one got remanded to the state and one got remanded to the employer. Both were re submitted and both of them got approved in march. Looks like there are lot of aprovals from IOWA state these days as one of my friend labor also got approved.
Good Luck to All

Labor remanded to state from Chicago Regional DOL

Hi

My labor was filed from Iowa state in July 2003. On 04/02/2004 my case was remanded to state from Chicago DOL.

My attroney is teling me that

"they have received a letter from the State giving us instructions on placing additional advertisements"

I would like to know:
- What is the process involved from here?
- How much time are we talking in the various steps?

Actuate01,
You mentioned that one application from you compnay also got remanded to state? What was the reason? How much time did it take for it to be resubmitted?

Thanks

- Hi man123
After the remand it took about 2 Months to re submit as we need to re advertise with DOL standards and they see if they get any responses. After re submitting it to IOWA it took one more Month to go to Chicago DOL and Chicago DOL approved it after one month. The total process took about 4 Months. But at Chicago DOL it really depends upon which analyst your case is assigned. One other case was approved in about 2 weeks it reached Chicago DOL. Hope this helps.