Iowa SESA Tracker

validity of ad

will an ad that was posted on november 10th be still valid today .is one ad sufficient in iowa pls respond

requirements for RIR

I'm trying to gather as much information/knowledge about the whole GC application process as possible so that I can be ready right away when I can start with my LC application.

1) What kind of documents do you have to provide to Iowa in order to qualify for RIR?

2) This is just an example for questions 1). I heard something about the proof that the company couldn't find qualified (US?) candidate for the position 6 months before the application... Or something like that. If this is true how do you usually prove that? I also heard something like using 3 Ads instead of 2 would have you qualified... This is all just hear-say so please clarify/advise.

3) I was wondering if anyone has got their RIR approved based on the updated (not sure how long it has been in effect) RIR rules?

Bachelor’s Degree and three (3) or more years of experience or a Master’s Degree (+) six (6) months of experience

Look for details on this page: http://www.visanow.com/immigration_visa_information/visanownewsletter/2003/06/default12_2003.asp

Thank you very much for your time and help!!

Lily

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Udaippan

Did ur Attorney tell you??
My Attorney tells a big story man. My didn't get any labor approvals since 4 months.

Snail's pace

pk_karim,

She also told me that it has been very slow since Nov 2003. But that is quite normal right?!! ;) But it is moving. So don't worry.

Thanks,
Udai

Hi Udaiappan,

Any updates from your lawyer ?

You can call John McDonald at (515)281 9336 . He will give you information on whether processing dates for RIR and NON- RIR at Iowa at current.
He will also give you an update on your application.

LOOKING FOR A COMPANY IN IOWA

Hi there,

I am a peoplesoft technical consultant working for a client in chicago. I am looking for a company to transfer my Visa(and the present contract) on to a reliable company which has office in IOWA or some other state where the LC process is fast.

I really appriciate if any of you can provide me the leads to the company.

Was unsuccessful twice in LC approval in the past because of the employers in ability to show their legitimate business in the places where they filled my labour and now i don't have much time left on my H1, so i got to act very quickly.

Thanks

Re : LOOKING FOR A COMPANY IN IOWA

desi_boy_usa,
I know of a company.How do you want me to give you their details ?
It wouldn't be appropriate to post it on a public board. They might not like it.

Still waiting...

gcdeednow,

Thanks for the Iowa contact details. I have them too. As they say, it is not advisable to contact the SESA/DOL directly. I have asked my attorney to check on the status today. I am waiting to hear from them in a day or two.

I will keep you posted.

Thanks,
Udai

Original Post:

Hi Udaiappan,

Any updates from your lawyer ?

You can call John McDonald at (515)281 9336 . He will give you information on whether processing dates for RIR and NON- RIR at Iowa at current.
He will also give you an update on your application.

No updates yet...

pk_karim/gcdeenow and others,

My attorney just got back to me. No improvements. She got the same old message from SESA it seems - "We will let you know when the case gets transferred to DOL. blah blah blah..."

Additional info : she told me that DOL is remanding lot of cases back to employer, if there is "Bachelor + 1 year exp" on the application.

mhmm..... Let me do what everyone else is doing - that helpless waiting!

Thanks,
Udai.

Case transferred to DOL

Just learned from my attorney that my case was transferred to Chicago DOL on Jan 19, 2004.

Here is the updated Excel file:

Thanks,
Udai

Spb999,
Any updates on your case? Your DOL filing date is 11/7/2003 and DOL seems to be processing Nov. 1st week.
Please update us. Mine is 11/20/2003 and I am anxiously waiting.

sra123

sra123 - your case details

Hi sra123,

Mine is EB3 RIR , BS + 1 year experience. Chances of getting a "remand to employer" is more for my case.

How many years of exp do you have on ETA750. Please post your case details.

Thanks,
Udai

Hi sra123,

Mine is EB3 RIR , BS + 1 year experience. Chances of getting a "remand to employer" is more for my case.

How many years of exp do you have on ETA750. Please post your case details.

Thanks,
Udai

Hi Udai,
Mine is EB3 RIR, BS + 3 years experience.
I actually have 5+ years of exp. But mine is filed from the branch office.

sra123

9 yrs exp

sra123,

Me too. In fact, I have 9 yrs of exp! My employer put 1 yr exp only bcos that way they can provide low wages and still meet the prevailing wage set by DOL.

Anyways, don't worry. As long as your branch is not a P.O. box, you are okay.

Let us wait and watch.

Spb999,
How about your case?

Thanks,
Udai

udai,
Mine is in DOL CHICAGO, My rec date is Nov 17. So I am just waiting for the results from DOL.

Mine is EB2/rir.

spb999