interview, what is dress code?

jen1968

Registered Users (C)
hi! I need quick advice,my interview is soon in the future,
what did you wear at interview?
is there any dress code? no denim right?

Bobsmyth ,thank you very much for your advice! as aways ;-)
well.... I bought cute dress for interview ( well,, it's can be an excuse to shopping!)

but ....I gain 10lb LOL......I just tried on ,,,and the dress make looks me
soooooooooooooo ugly,,ugrrrrrrrrrr
also I had nice dress pant's I bought last month for the interview.
well.. can't close the waist.

maisflocon ! thank you very much for your an advice too!
ok, so I am sure denim is ok for me!! but I am going to wear something nice or go on diet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Tie-Dye tee-shirt and jeans is probably tacky. Also a dress, high heels, ...etc is overkill (in my opinion).

Wear something sober and timeless. Darker colors, black and white, stay professional.

Good Luck.

It is clearly mentioned for Oath Ceremony for not to wear Jeans.....

I am sure you will not be wearing a Jeans or Bermuda/shorts for any of you interview. So just dress in casual. No need to have a formal Suit but your wish.

GoodLuck.

It is clearly mentioned for Oath Ceremony for not to wear Jeans.....

I am sure you will not be wearing a Jeans or Bermuda/shorts for any of you interview. So just dress in casual. No need to have a formal Suit but your wish.

GoodLuck.

Personally, I would suggest wearing business casual clothes. There is absolutely no need to dress like you're going to a reception at the White House, but it doesn't hurt to dress neatly.

Despite the fact that it says on the oath letter not to wear jeans or flip flops, not only were people wearing both of those at my oath ceremony (which was held at a Federal Court, mind you), there were other questionable outfits, ranging from a ballet tutu and tights to workman's pants with paint stains.

I wore Business casual (I wore dress shirt, tie, khaki but well pressed :) pants and black shoes) to the interview.
There were people wearing jeans and stuff and I think it's not very appropriate, IMO.

I and my wife both wore business casual for oath. There were people wearing jeans and stuff and I think it's not very appropriate, IMO. Some even wore baseball caps, and didn't even take them off during the OATH and pledge of allegiance! I really think that's unacceptable!

Again, most wore business casual to the IV and oath; a few wore full suit with jacket for the oath, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wore Business casual (I wore dress shirt, tie, khaki but well pressed :) pants and black shoes) to the interview.
There were people wearing jeans and stuff and I think it's not very appropriate, IMO.

I and my wife both wore business casual for oath. There were people wearing jeans and stuff and I think it's not very appropriate, IMO. Some even wore baseball caps, and didn't even take them off during the OATH and pledge of allegiance! I really think that's unacceptable!

Again, most wore business casual to the IV and oath; a few wore full suit with jacket for the oath, etc.

I considered wearing a full suit for oath, but it was hot and humid on the day of my oath, so I wore slacks and a button-down shirt. I remember seeing a latino gentleman at the oath who wore a very expensive-looking suit with a big American flag pin on the lapel. I guess to some people it's a bigger deal than it is to others.

hi! everybody, thank you very much for an advice.
I went to the interview with business casual clothes.
BTW
I saw lot people wearing casual with denim.( nice dress shirt's + denim)
some people was kind of night time party dress?!