Interview n the 18th, please help!

Devastation

Registered Users (C)
Guys, with just few days remaining for my interview, my heart beats faster. Please advice me on what to expect and how to cope with the tricky questions imposed by IO.

Also, my interview is sheduled at San Francisco asylum office- does anyone know what is the approval rate of this particular office?

Thank you, and god bless you all.

Dev

i had interview at SANFransisco asylum office and also my friend in 1998 ... my friend got approved on spot and i got recommended approval and after year i got Approved ..
so i think if u did not get Approved am sure u gona get Recommended approved ..so dont woree u be fine.
so i say 78% approval rate
good luck ...

i had interview at SANFransisco asylum office and also my friend in 1998 ... my friend got approved on spot and i got recommended approval and after year i got Approved ..
so i think if u did not get Approved am sure u gona get Recommended approved ..so dont woree u be fine.
so i say 78% approval rate
good luck ...

They don't make a decision on the spot anymore. My friend had an interview at SF office in late 2005 and got referred to court 2 weeks after the interview.

Guys, with just few days remaining for my interview, my heart beats faster. Please advice me on what to expect and how to cope with the tricky questions imposed by IO.

Also, my interview is sheduled at San Francisco asylum office- does anyone know what is the approval rate of this particular office?

Thank you, and god bless you all.

Dev

Have you ever watched the documentary " Well-Founded-Fear"? If not check it out at your local library and watch it the night before. it will give you an idea of what is gonna to happen at your interview.
also, know your case and respond to questions w/o long stories. I believe most of the IOs are good people and they are there to hear why you are seeking asylum. Lastly, say the truth and only the truth and you will be fine.

Good luck,

I believe most of the IOs are good people and they are there to hear why you are seeking asylum.
Good luck,

I totally agree with you. Most IOs are very good people and do want to listen and help. I was interviewed twice and they treated me very very well. God bless them.

thanks guys. the video is what i really needed to see. any further insights? please post! by the way - i'm filing after overstaying aobut 4 years.

best - Dev

thanks guys. the video is what i really needed to see. any further insights? please post! by the way - i'm filing after overstaying aobut 4 years.

best - Dev

Pray and you will be good to go. Also, ask people to pray for you. Prayers do work. Don't worry. God is with you.

try to provide answer the questions they ask ask in the 1st or second sentence before elaborating. i.e. don't bury the answer in the middle of the story. also try to be yourself be honest and don't exaggerate anything.

thanks gigi06. So did you mean that dont say anything unless you're being asked? like for what happened- i would just say this happened, and wait for them ask further questions from the same context and keep going accordingly?

thanks gigi06. So did you mean that dont say anything unless you're being asked? like for what happened- i would just say this happened, and wait for them ask further questions from the same context and keep going accordingly?

I think so far you have got some great advice. Most probably the IO will tell you to tell your story. I would suggest you advice the IO to ask you the questions that the IO is interested in. That way you have an idea as to from which direction the IO is approaching your case. This approach helped me win my case. Don't be nervous. Know your application by heart.

mesbahul,

Could you please make it more clear when you said, "I would suggest you advice the IO to ask you the questions that the IO is interested in". Did you mean when the IO is going through my story- i should advice him to ask me the questions?

Just to be clear, please advice.

you can tell the story you need to tell when answering the question. what I meant is try to provide a concise answer to the question asked in the first sentence or two, for example the officer asks you "are you worried about XYZ?" instead of going on and telling a long answer and have the answer "yes/no" in the middle or at the end you should say: "yes is worries me because ..." or " no it is not a concern because....". IOs are generally friendly and will let you explain yourself, but they might interrupt you some times or jump to certain things, so you need to be as clear as possible. and they will usually try to clarify any point they feel didn't get enough attention. so be yourself, be honest and be concise. all the best

mesbahul,

Could you please make it more clear when you said, "I would suggest you advice the IO to ask you the questions that the IO is interested in". Did you mean when the IO is going through my story- i should advice him to ask me the questions?

Just to be clear, please advice.

If the IO tells you to tell your story, you could tell the IO it would be more efficient for the IO to ask questions and you would answer them. That way you know what is important to him to make up his decision.

In my case, I have never lived in my COP but grew up in a third country which I am not a citizen of. The judge told me to tell my story. My reply was it would be better if he and the DHS attorney would ask the questions that they had concerns. The one year issue came. I answered the question to their satisfaction and that was the end of that issue. Moving along, the Judge was more interested in the possibility of future persecution because I personally had no past persecution because I never lived in my COP. The DHS attorney more concerned about kicking me out of the U.S. and was trying to get the Judge to deport me to the country I grew up. I am not even a citizen of the country so how can I be deported to that country.

IO are normal human beings. Make it a two way conversation instead of a one man interview. Don't be dramatic. I think it just makes the case weaker. I know of someone who was all crying during the interview to make the IO sympathetic. Two weeks later. he got a denial letter. If you don't understand a certain question, ask for clarification and be as polite as possible. The judge presiding my case told me "convince me 51% that you deserve to be granted asylum and I will grant you asylum." Therefore, remember you have to convince the IO 51% to get asylum.

Best of luck and keep us posted.

thank you for your valuable advice/s guys. i cordially appreciate it.

Anyone has further advice? please drop it!

thaks.

thank you for your valuable advice/s guys. i cordially appreciate it.

Anyone has further advice? please drop it!

thaks.

So you applied for asylum, after you didn't get EB-Green Card or Marriage with USC. I hope your application will be rejected. Fake asylee!

Uncle Joe, you surprised me with your post. you were not very helpful there? how old are you 15? coz that's the degree of maturity i see in yoru post. think outside of the box. Essentially - not everything that you had in yoru mind after you "investigated" me via my "nick name" is the reality.

I have my story. i only had past persecution before i came here.Things were calmned down for sometimes and in such, and i didnt not have 'well founded fear' in future during that period. in such circumstance, WHO WOULD NOT LIKE TO SEE WHAT THEIR OPTIONS ARE?

While my gf is a USC that i currently live together with. However, due to the recently aroused threats in my cop, i've determined to apply for asylum myself before anything else! That's all.

and if you had actually NOT failed to browse through my recent posts, i've explained that the THREAT FOR FUTURE PERSECUTION recently arouse. Very recently.

hope you have a best days ahead, may success be yours,

Sincerly,

Dev

Last edited by a moderator:
Uncle Joe, you surprised me with your post. you were not very helpful there? how old are you 15? coz that's the degree of maturity i see in yoru post. think outside of the box. Essentially - not everything that you had in yoru mind after you "investigated" me via my "nick name" is the reality.

I have my story. i only had past persecution before i came here.Things were calmned down for sometimes and in such, and i didnt not have 'well founded fear' in future during that period. in such circumstance, WHO WOULD NOT LIKE TO SEE WHAT THEIR OPTIONS ARE?

While my gf is a USC that i currently live together with. However, due to the recently aroused threats in my cop, i've determined to apply for asylum myself before anything else! That's all.

and if you had actually NOT failed to browse through my recent posts, i've explained that the THREAT FOR FUTURE PERSECUTION recently arouse. Very recently.

Sincerly,

Dev

oh oh oh oh oh ...... So you re one of those guys? I hope I am wrong.

Sincerly,

Dev

You know Dev If you are looking for sympathy, you can find it in the dictionary between sh#t and syphilis. Suddenly the situation in your country has changed. Dude next time before posting your stuff make sure you have change your nickname at least.