• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Interview in November

All, Nelly, yes the interview went well. If you have "clean" documents you should be alright. I believe in God so I think He also helped me
My interview was quite interesting. I'm so busy at work now but I'll try to give details to the forum by weekend.
Hey you forum folks are great. Please keep up with your efforts of helping especially the very weak and helpless brothers & sisters.
Congratulations:)

All, Nelly, yes the interview went well. If you have "clean" documents you should be alright. I believe in God so I think He also helped me
My interview was quite interesting. I'm so busy at work now but I'll try to give details to the forum by weekend.
Hey you forum folks are great. Please keep up with your efforts of helping especially the very weak and helpless brothers & sisters.

Congratulations:)

Hi all
My wife ist pettioner winner DV 2008, on her form she filled that she had a job (still working) as saleswoman, but in the end of the october she quit her job (job in my country not in USA), we have an interview on dezember 6 2007, so what kind of proof (document) we should have to proof that she quit here job (resigned) because in DS forms is written that she is still working (present), in intention to not have any trouble in embassy about it.
Please be kind and inform us about further action, in intention that US Embassy refused giving us the visa.
Thank you in advance
Send an email to KCC letting them know she has resigned her job; they will reply u on this information.Print Kcc reply to you and the notification email you sent to them.Take them and your wife's resignation letter to the embassy on the day of interview.You could also get letter from the company she worked with state when she started work and when she resigned.:)This is my advice and what l will do if l am in your situation

I got a Postal Package...+ a Visa

Thank you all for your congratulations. Actually I should've been thanking you for your endless efforts of using this forum to bring informtion on our finger tips. You are all winners!

Let me attempt to give a rundown of the interview in Frankfurt, Germany:

My wife came down from London and we drove down to Frankfurt on that faithful 13th of Nov. for the interview. I am the principal applicant. We got to the consulate at about 7AM. It was very cold outside, maybe 4°C. We got on a line outside the gate at about 7.30 and passed through the check point at about 7.50. Our number was called at about 8.10 to pay a total of €1,120 (=$1,500). We were given a big envelope and asked to paste a stamp of €4.25 on it. Just before I was done our number was called again to submit our documents. We submitted the documents and the admin. officers said all looked good and gave us basic imigration instructions. He told us he will take the file to the consular officer who will then call us later for a short interview. We sat down again. At about 9.15 we were called for the interview. We did the finger print and the officer said we should sign the DSP230 form. After the siging the officer asked which language we prefer and I said since my wife doesnt speak German we should do it in english. The guy made some jokes with my wife and then turned to me:

Officer: When did you become a German Citizen?
Me: over 5 years ago
Officer: Why do you want to go to the states?
Me: Its all about more opportunities. I believe I will have many more career opportunities in the states
Officer: Ok I want you to do something for me. I want you to go get an employment letter in the states, send it to me and then I will issue you a visa.
Me: I do have a job presently which I like and I will not relocate to the states until I get something better there. Besides I have provided you with an affidavit of support which should take care of our expenses should my wife and I be there in the states without a job.
Officer: Where is the affidavit of support?
Me: Check the file for it sir. I submitted it with my other documents.

He went through his file and saw the affidavit. My sponsor makes more than $120,000 a year and has property is valued at about $800,000. My personal income is morethan 4 times poverty level but I don't have any savings.

Officer: Well it looks very good for your man but I would like to see your own funds. You always have your vacation in the states so just go out there and get an employment letter, send it to me and I will issue you a visa immediately.
Me: I am disappointed by that. When I get home today I will get into the internet and look for Job at Mcdonalds in Alaska.

Consular officer started laughing...

Me: I will fax the letter to you. But do you beleive I will leave my good job in Germany to go and work for Mcdonalds in Alaska
Officer: No
Me: ...so I will take my time and look for a good job. I won't leave Germany to the States just for another job. I will look for a very good Job and I will send the employment letter to you.

The officer looked intensively into my eyes and said:

Officer: I will issue you the visa and you'll get your passports in about a week's time. You go get that very good Job and send the employment letter to me.
Me: You bet I will keep my promise

Thant was it.

Today 15th Nov., I received a big postal package form the consulate containing:
2 sealed envelopes
2 passports with Immigrant Visas valid for 6 months or 1 year uppon endorsement

I hope nobody will use this as a standard interview question catalogue.
My case was very strong; I have a B1/B2 visa that was still more than 9yrs valid, I have 2 Masters degree in Engineering and business admin, I have more than 5 years working experience with an American company in Germany, I travel atleast 2-4 times a year to the states for work or pleasure...
The message here is very clear; get "clean" documents and always be yourself. Don't try to play with words. Defend yourself and present your case to the best of your knowledge. Don't forget that we are all humans and even the consular officers may overlook a document or information.

I WISH YOU ALL GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS. YOU ARE WINNERS.

Blackgerman

I am a bit surprised at the questions from the Consular Officer but then again it seems they try putting you on the spot to see how you will handle yourself.

You did well. Enjoy the new status. I know how good it feels to have those immigrant visas in hand.

wow...you handled these questions very well...the guy was quite obnoxious, I must say. Hope I don't get one of those!

ANOTHER SUCESSFULL EXPERIENCE CARACAS VENEZUELA

Hi Everyone,
I was reading and posting a few things in this forum because I found this very interesting and useful.

My interview was 14 November at Caracas Embassy Venezuela. I went to the embassy at 7:30am I had my appoiment at 9:00am. When I came to the embassy I was waiting for an hour because resident visas appoiments will be called in person by name.

We was called at 8:30 am and we passed through security check 2 or 3 times. After that we took a number in order to be called. I waited for about 1 hour when our number become current. The official took our passport and started asking for documents. (Birth Certificates, Marriage Certificate, Police certificates, Medical Exams, Support for our extention of stay in usa this year, Educational and Evidence of Support.) Original and Copy.

Everything was in order and the official sent us to paid the fees. After that we waited for about 10 minutes when a Vice Consul called us. She was very friendly and her first words was you are winners of the lottery visa that´s good. We had our interview in Spanish and was very simple the question were:
Do you have your original diploma of the University?
What kind of skin sickness do you have?
Where and how your husband and you met?
What do you plan to do in USA?

She asked some dates, and that´s it.! She started reading our oath and she said the magic words!! Your visas are approved. They will send us the original passport next monday... we are waiting for that....!

I think that If you have your documents in perfect order, bring copies, you have a positive actitude and say the truth ... you become a Winner.

Don´t forget all your passports, originals for everything and copies, dress-up, and smile.!!!

If you have questions please feel free to contact me.! Thanks everyone for post yours experiences.

Congrats black german.

By the way, there is a thread for DV 2008 CP experiences, keep writing on that thread to be a useful record for all..

Last edited by a moderator:
Lucky number 13

Congratulations man. Did you have any reservations about doing your interview on the 13th?. :D Any way, all is well that ends well.
Now about that Macdonalds' job in Alaska;):p....
What was that guy's point? I still don't get it. It certainly would have knocked me off-balance. You can't get a US job without work authorization, not with the current hue and cry about illegal "aliens" [Klingons and Vulcans]
"taking away jobs" from US citizens.
Nice thing now, GC holders are called are called permanent residents. Used to be called resident "aliens" [You don't need to go to outer space to find E.T., just check the US immigration data base:D,.... just a bit of dry humour]
Enjoy the green card.