Interview Experience San Jose

good job

1, read thread and give me suggestion sixteen years ago i was convicted in my country when i file my I-485 i did not check the box to say i was convicted i have my interview in early march i dont no if i tell them i made a mistake i did not check the box what will be the out come or if i have to take a lawyer to go to the interview with me. your sugestion is very much appreciatethank you.

good job

keep up the good work, i have some question i was convicted sixteen years ago in my home country when i file my I-485 i did not include my been convicted now that i have an interview in march 2005 i dont no what impack that have on my adjusting of status, i only dont the finger print for the Ead but i have not dont the biometrics as yet the reason is that when i file the I485 i did not include the $70 for the biometric i had to sent them a check for $70 and they sent me the letter to go for the biometric i call to make an appointment and they tell me they are book for 45 days so am wandering if i should go to the place in the afternoon when there is less people their. am confused i will be very thankful for your suggestion.

Expunges records

Also....I have a misdemeanor charge. The court dismissed the case and the record was subsequently expunged by a judge's order. Will this show up in the FBI fingerprint search? My fingerprints were taken during this ordeal. This was 5 years ago.

Cosequences of an infraction ticket (citation)

Hi all

If anyone has had an experience like mine any help will be helpful

I got a non traffic infraction citation -(ticket) for disorderly conduct.

I have not been arrested.
I have not been finger printed.
Penalty was a fine of 100 bucks

an "infraction" is a crime , less severe than a misdemenor , which is not punishable by jail time.eg(jay walking , littering, traffic violations etc)

If any one knows/ if any has been in this situation please help with the following answers :(

1) will this cause a hit during background check when i go to stamp my visa
2) what is the chance for GC rejection

I am spending sleepless nights :confused: and any help will be greatly appriciated
thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Hit seems remote since you were never fingerprinted. I don't know for sure, but I doubt if any other check is used to dig up your sinful past... :D
2. Chances of your GC being denied are NIL

So, rest easy. :)

leanback / HurricaneBay,

Wish you guys all the best for your interviews the week of 1/10/05, and anyone else who has one scheduled as well. Do post your experiences. Regards.

niladri,

Thanks for your wishes. My interview is on Jan 12th and if I remember correctly leanback's is on Jan 13th. I'll definitely post my experience. Keeping fingers crossed till then!

HurricaneBay said:
niladri,

Thanks for your wishes. My interview is on Jan 12th and if I remember correctly leanback's is on Jan 13th. I'll definitely post my experience. Keeping fingers crossed till then!

Good lucky Buddy!!

Interview exp at san jose retrogation problem

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi

First of all i want to thank all of you who is posting their views in this forum.

Here is interview detail

I was having interview at 10:00 o clock today went there and my lawyer was already there , than at 10 :15 One nice lady called us she was very nice person i ever met. Me and my wife went inside and than standard procedure about finger printing, etc.

Than start the question.

1 what is your birthdate ? Show me your b/c .
2.What is your current address ?
3.Marriage Certi
4.EVL ( lawyer gave AC21 with that).
She asked me about my job profile which i told her .

Same question to my wife ( 1 to 3).

Than she asked that she just need couple of documents which will show we are leaving together, i gave rental agreement , Bank Statement ,Insurance , pic etc.

Than she said i am approving your case but you will have to wait for the visa no as my priority date is Aug 18 2002 so she said will mail you approvel as soon as we will have visa no available. And than she said congratulation and have a nice lunch.

Thats all , what a relief .... but dont know how long we have to wait for visa no.

Hope fully this year ....

All the best to all of you guys who are waiting for their approvel and i will pray for all of you that everyone will get their GC because i know its life changing event for everybody.

All the best

JR1 said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi

First of all i want to thank all of you who is posting their views in this forum.

Here is interview detail

I was having interview at 10:00 o clock today went there and my lawyer was already there , than at 10 :15 One nice lady called us she was very nice person i ever met. Me and my wife went inside and than standard procedure about finger printing, etc.

Than start the question.

1 what is your birthdate ? Show me your b/c .
2.What is your current address ?
3.Marriage Certi
4.EVL ( lawyer gave AC21 with that).
She asked me about my job profile which i told her .

Same question to my wife ( 1 to 3).

Than she asked that she just need couple of documents which will show we are leaving together, i gave rental agreement , Bank Statement ,Insurance , pic etc.

Than she said i am approving your case but you will have to wait for the visa no as my priority date is Aug 18 2002 so she said will mail you approvel as soon as we will have visa no available. And than she said congratulation and have a nice lunch.

Thats all , what a relief .... but dont know how long we have to wait for visa no.

Hope fully this year ....

All the best to all of you guys who are waiting for their approvel and i will pray for all of you that everyone will get their GC because i know its life changing event for everybody.

All the best

Congratulations!!! I will have my story tommrow.

Approved after interview

I was interviewed today at San Jose office for Adjustment of Status and was approved and stamped (both mine and my wife's). Here is how it went. In a nutshell, it was much easier than convincing my neighborhood Subway guy to not put pickels on my sandwitch.

The wait:
We went there 15 minutes before the time and my lawyer showed up 10 minutes after. I didn't put the letters in the box till the lawyer showed up. The waiting room is similar to the waiting room of the fingerprinting office. An elderly friendly officer called my name exactly at the interview time while we were waiting and I, my wife and the lawyer went in. He took us into his room.

The interview:
1. He asked both of us to raise our right hands and made us swear that we would say bothing but the truth
2. He had our files open and started saying that the my wife's medicals are incomplete since the doctor wrote on I-693 that my wife is pregnant and so can't take shots. I silently handed him the sealed medical envolope of my wife's updated medicals that we took last week.
3. He said that's all I have but since you are here I have couple of other questions
4. Are you still at the same address? (and read the address) I said yes
5. What is your date of birth? I said it
6. Are you still with same employer? I said yes.
7. Do you have current employment verification letter. I handed him over that one.
8. Do you belong to any political gorups? I said no
9. Have you been arrested? I said no
10. Looking at my wife and me .. are you still married and living together? We both said yes
11. Asked me for our passports. He pulled out the I-94s and put it on top of each of our files. He looked at my wife and asked the following questions
12. Are you still at the same address? (and read the address) She said yes
13. What is your date of birth? She said it
14. Do you belong to any political gorups? She said no
15. Have you been arrested? She said no
16. He looked into my file and said since I am in EB2 there should be no problem with getting visa numbers. He got the visa numbers from Dept of State online. That took 2-3 minutes.
17. He stamped on lot of papers and on our passports and gave the stamped passport and approval letter to us.
18. He took out index fingerprint and signature and said the actual cards should arrive in 8 weeks, but it is much faster these days

That's it. No W2, taxes, marriage cert, proof of marriage or birth cert. Took ton of stuff but just had to give wife's medicals and current employment letter.

The officer was extremely polite and was talking a lot with my lawyer. He aked my wife if her delivery was fine and if we had a boy or a girl. Finally congratualted us on being permanent residents and for having our son. He walked us out and asked us to take some candy that was lying on a table in the corridor.

I was expecting the stamp to look like F1/H1 stamps but it looked more like the stamp the car wash guy puts on the receipt.

Last edited by a moderator:
HurricaneBay said:
I was interviewed today at San Jose office for Adjustment of Status and was approved and stamped (both mine and my wife's). Here is how it went. In a nutshell, it was much easier than convincing my neighborhood Subway guy to not put pickels on my sandwitch.

The wait:
We went there 15 minutes before the time and my lawyer showed up 10 minutes after. I didn't put the letters in the box till the lawyer showed up. The waiting room is similar to the waiting room of the fingerprinting office. An elderly friendly officer called my name exactly at the interview time while we were waiting and I, my wife and the lawyer went in. He took us into his room.

The interview:
1. He asked both of us to raise our right hands and made us swear that we would say bothing but the truth
2. He had our files open and started saying that the my wife's medicals are incomplete since the doctor wrote on I-693 that my wife is pregnant and so can't take shots. I silently handed him the sealed medical envolope of my wife's updated medicals that we took last week.
3. He said that's all I have but since you are here I have couple of other questions
4. Are you still at the same address? (and read the address) I said yes
5. What is your date of birth? I said it
6. Are you still with same employer? I said yes.
7. Do you have current employment verification letter. I handed him over that one.
8. Do you belong to any political gorups? I said no
9. Have you been arrested? I said no
10. Looking at my wife and me .. are you still married and living together? We both said yes
11. Asked me for our passports. He pulled out the I-94s and put it on top of each of our files. He looked at my wife and asked the following questions
12. Are you still at the same address? (and read the address) She said yes
13. What is your date of birth? She said it
14. Do you belong to any political gorups? She said no
15. Have you been arrested? She said no
16. He looked into my file and said since I am in EB2 there should be no problem with getting visa numbers. He got the visa numbers from Dept of State online. That took 2-3 minutes.
17. He stamped on lot of papers and on our passports and gave the stamped passport and approval letter to us.
18. He took out index fingerprint and signature and said the actual cards should arrive in 8 weeks, but it is much faster these days

That's it. No W2, taxes, marriage cert, proof of marriage or birth cert. Took ton of stuff but just had to give wife's medicals and current employment letter.

The officer was extremely polite and was talking a lot with my lawyer. He aked my wife if her delivery was fine and if we had a boy or a girl. Finally congratualted us on being permanent residents and for having our son. He walked us out and asked us to take some candy that was lying on a table in the corridor.

I was expecting the stamp to look like F1/H1 stamps but it looked more like the stamp the car wash guy puts on the receipt.

Congrants Buddy!!! Take vacation or go on a cruise.. You need one!!

Guys,

I had my interview today and the officer wants to review all my documents which i gave before approving the case.My case would have approved if this BIG Mouth lawyer not opened her mouth, this officer and lawyer have issues about the cases she brings to his table and this effected my case.BTW, he took my I-94's and said he needs to review all the documents and then request for a VISA number and he would intimate through mail. I don't know if this is Good or Bad.My guess is, this officer ego was hurt and he does n't want to approve the case in front of her.

Guys, i have no mode to write complete story today . Wait for few more days.

Thanks

leanback,

It is sad that it didn't get approved today itself. The positive is that there are virtually no rejects, so your case should be approved. Usually it is fast. When I went with my lawyer yesterday, one officer met her and said that the case she brought in few days back was approved. By the way, did you find out if your 140 was cleared?

HurricaneBay said:
leanback,

It is sad that it didn't get approved today itself. The positive is that there are virtually no rejects, so your case should be approved. Usually it is fast. When I went with my lawyer yesterday, one officer met her and said that the case she brought in few days back was approved. By the way, did you find out if your 140 was cleared?

My I-140 is approved and my name check is cleared. Did you see any case where the officer does n't approve or deny a case ? The document that they gave me says "Your application for status as permanent rsident has been retained for processing . You will be notified when further action has been taken in your case . How long is the turnaround ? Worst part is he took my I-94's

Thanks

Taking I-94s might not be the worst part becuase if there is any doubt in officer's mind about your case or if he thinks it would take too long, he wouldn't even be taking I-94s. The best part is that your security thing got cleared. That is probably the single most delaying reason. I think its just a matter of someone in the San Jose goes through your file. Assuming your PD is < 1/1/2002 (since you are in EB3) I would say it is just a matter of days. I know it might be hard for you to believe but I am sure yours will be done sooner than you think.