Interview at Federal Plaza, NYC test passed but didnt get the oath letter.will mail the decison?

Diamonds

Registered Users (C)
Today, I had my interview and passed the test but I didnt get the oath letter and the officer gave me a letter saying that
congratulation you are passed the english and history test!we will send you the decison letter in the mail.He gave me a letter
written that "you have passed
the english, history , and government test and I recomend this case for approval."So guys I am little nervous whats going
to happen?
After confirm my personal detail and home address, social security no.date of birth,marrige date,how many kids etc.
He asked how many years you lived at this address?What do you do for living.Then he asked me to read the one english question I readed but
I dont remeber the sentence.and then
He asked me to write ; "We pay Taxes." Also asked me if you have any pending taxes?

1.What group of people was taken to America and sold as slaves.
2.Who is vice president?
3.The highest court in united states.
4.Why did colonist fight the British?
5.How many amentmends are there?
6.If President no longer serve who become president?

Interview lasted 15-20 minutes.

Now I am little worry whats going to happen guys.

I am not sure if Federal plaza has same day oath, but you are done. Recommended for approval is what you get when you pass. The oath letter will come in the mail.

Dear Sanjose,
Thanks for you information, I want to tell you that my wife got the oath letter today, Also she was interviewed today.I was waiting with my wife to collect her oath letter, that time the IO who interviewed came to that room and call my name.Then take me again inside in his room and ask me to change the sign because I requested the Name change so he said your current signature has your family name so you much take off that in your new signature. Very strange!!.He came to after almost one hour latter.Because I went back to him asking he can give now the oath letter that time the Officer
who interviewed my wife was there too, so he reconized me and told that officer that her wife is approved and waiting in the Oath collection room. I was surprized again! how does he knows that I the Husband? I think he saw my picture in my wifes passport which was mistakely put in american embassy I mean the L1Visa stamp.I asked again to him that if he can give me the oath letter today, he said I will send it by mail because I have to check something(?) why he will check?
Thats why I am nervous! What do you think after this story? How long it takes normaily to get the oath letter in the mail ?

I am not sure if Federal plaza has same day oath, but you are done. Recommended for approval is what you get when you pass. The oath letter will come in the mail.

sanjoseaug
Diamonds is wondering about not receiving his Oath letter, not the Oath itself. NYC normally dont have same day swearing in ceremonies.

No I am worry about if they approved my case or not? Weither I will get my oath letter or not? Because the officer told me that he want to check something.
?

Today Interview Passed but "we will mail the decison" what that mean? Worry!!! please help me guys

Hi,
I passed the Interview but I didnt get the oath letter. The officer given me a letter saying that you passed the interview, congratulation and I recomend this case for approval? what that mean?
I am approved or not? I asked him if he can give me the Oath letter today but he said he want to check something.(?) what he wanted to check? I am worry. If he approved then How long normaly it takes to arrive the Oath letter in the mail? I am realy worry!!

No I am worry about if they approved my case or not? Weither I will get my oath letter or not? Because the officer told me that he want to check something.?

Unless something else happened apart from name change and the signature business, take it easy for now.

I don't think you should be worried since this is the one of the procedures. Immigration officials normally will do a final check to make sure that their decisions are correct. Most people whose applications are recommended for approval will pass the final check unless the immigration officials find out something wrong with the application at the last minute.

Actually, I passed the interview at the end of December 2009, and I received the oath letter in the mail in about 4 weeks. You should receive your oath letter in 60 days. So, just be patient. If you did not make a mistake in the application, you should be worried about NOTHING.

Hi,
I passed the Interview but I didnt get the oath letter. The officer given me a letter saying that you passed the interview, congratulation and I recomend this case for approval? what that mean?
I am approved or not? I asked him if he can give me the Oath letter today but he said he want to check something.(?) what he wanted to check? I am worry. If he approved then How long normaly it takes to arrive the Oath letter in the mail? I am realy worry!!

You are fine and have nothing to worry about. Only a few district offices give people oath letters right at the end of the interview. In most cases an oath letter is mailed separately, a few weeks later. Basically it depends on where exactly you live and how often oath ceremonies are conducted there. E.g. for interviews at the Chicago district office, people who live in the Chicago area get their oath letters at the conclusion of the interview, but people from central Illinois have to wait a few weeks to get an oath letter by mail.

If at the conclusion of the interview you got a letter saying that your case is recommended for approval, this really means that the case is approved and that it will be put in a queue for the oath ceremony.

No the challenge is this guy has posted his story in 3-4 threads and not all the story is in one place. His wife got the oath letter, but he has a name change, and signed the photos wrong and I do not know what else... It would have been much simpler to discuss in one place.

Today, I had my interview and passed the test but I didnt get the oath letter and the officer gave me a letter saying that
congratulation you are passed the english and history test!we will send you the decison letter in the mail.He gave me a letter
written that "you have passed
the english, history , and government test and I recomend this case for approval."So guys I am little nervous whats going
to happen?
After confirm my personal detail and home address, social security no.date of birth,marrige date,how many kids etc.
He asked how many years you lived at this address?What do you do for living.Then he asked me to read the one english question I readed but
I dont remeber the sentence.and then
He asked me to write ; "We pay Taxes." Also asked me if you have any pending taxes?

1.What group of people was taken to America and sold as slaves.
2.Who is vice president?
3.The highest court in united states.
4.Why did colonist fight the British?
5.How many amentmends are there?
6.If President no longer serve who become president?

Interview lasted 15-20 minutes.

Now I am little worry whats going to happen guys.

ALL interviewed at Federal Plaza

Request kindly share and post your interview experience at Federal Plaza. Somehow I feel from this forum postings that interviewees are generally not very happy with the interview processes and the IOs at this center as compared to other offices.

I have been scheduled for an interview at Federal Plaza and shall be grateful to know the experiences of all those who have been already interviewed.

Also which is the nearest subway train station from Penn station. I have to travel from Long Island to Federal Plaza.

Thanks for your help

NRI 107

Please share Interview experiences at Federal Plaza, NYC

Request everyone interviewed at Federal Plaza, NYC to please share and post their personal interviews details and experiences.

Thank you all for this help

NRI 107

You can take N,R trains and get off at City Hall, from there just two blocks away.
at 34 street you can get N,R

ALL interviewed at Federal Plaza

Request kindly share and post your interview experience at Federal Plaza. Somehow I feel from this forum postings that interviewees are generally not very happy with the interview processes and the IOs at this center as compared to other offices.

I have been scheduled for an interview at Federal Plaza and shall be grateful to know the experiences of all those who have been already interviewed.

Also which is the nearest subway train station from Penn station. I have to travel from Long Island to Federal Plaza.

Thanks for your help

NRI 107

Yes I passed the english, history and government test. and the Officer congratulate me saying you passed the test and i am going to recomend this case for approval. When I was still there after one hour I wanted to know if he could give me the Oath letter today and I want to travel out of usa.He said you can travel, I wanted to check something and then going to mail the decison in the mail.That's make me worry!!
What he going to check and how long he is going to take to send the mail?

Did you pass the English test?

In the application, there was change in arrival and Departure, so at the interview I took a new application and before he start I told him that there is little change in the application and he asked what change, I show him the arrival-departure page, arrival dates was ok but since we dont have departure dates didnt know the exact dates so I written aprox mate arrival dates in application, but I got a departure-arrival record from HongKong Government(because I didnt have stamped in passport) so I was able to figure out exact dates and fill out the new form.He didnt keep that new form instead he was only checking Arrival dates from the new form and didnt even see the departure dates. There was once change in the Arrival dates and he noticed that and written that in him form by red pen and mark other dates with ok, ok. I mention him that this is new travel date which I travel after I sent the application, he said "its ok, No problem, I understand"
So I am worry now whats he is going to check? everything is clear, I gave him even the transcript of five years Tax Returns.

I don't think you should be worried since this is the one of the procedures. Immigration officials normally will do a final check to make sure that their decisions are correct. Most people whose applications are recommended for approval will pass the final check unless the immigration officials find out something wrong with the application at the last minute.

Actually, I passed the interview at the end of December 2009, and I received the oath letter in the mail in about 4 weeks. You should receive your oath letter in 60 days. So, just be patient. If you did not make a mistake in the application, you should be worried about NOTHING.

I am sorry to post in 3 different Thereads, Actually I am worried so much, so I strated this Thread specialy for my problem. In previous Thereads I only share my Interview Experience. Is it possible mix up that two other Theread here.

Yes you are right, my wife got the Oath letter same time immiditely yesterday and the officer who intervied my wife reconized me when I was waiting near the door to see the IO again to ask if he could give me the Oath letter today, he said I want to check something and we will mail the decison that makes me worry!! I was surprized to know that The IO who interviewed my wife said me your wife is Approved and she is waiting in Oath letter Collection Room even I didnt see him at all.He saw my picture in my wifes passport which was mistakely placed by American Embassy when I get stapted L-1 Visa so my photo still remain in my wifes passport.He was telling my IO that his wife is Approved, it looks like they were friends. so guys thats the story, if any question please feel free to ask me.

No the challenge is this guy has posted his story in 3-4 threads and not all the story is in one place. His wife got the oath letter, but he has a name change, and signed the photos wrong and I do not know what else... It would have been much simpler to discuss in one place.

Why are you worrying so much and letting your imagination run wild? Were you ever tortured in your country or did your dad beat you as a child?

Why are you worrying so much and letting your imagination run wild? Were you ever tortured in your country or did your dad beat you as a child?

No, not at all. I am worried only because some one in my building told me that her brother get the Oath letter in a year after he passed the Interview.The other person take about 6-7 months. and I want to go for the trip and in the middle I dont want to return.But I call today immigration and asked
if I can go for the trip. They said I can go any time, and I can take Oath any time latter. So little relaxed. But I still want to know Normaly how many days it take? N you know am exited to be Proud American Citizen. Its Nice, Proud,Great,special feeling you know.But its ok now I dont mind how long it takes.But just curious to know.

To JonyCash and Vorpal,

Where are you Guys?
You guys are supper. I want to hear from you guys in this regard. You guys know every single case on this Forum, Even BobSmith also very Active Moderator.BobSmith, I want to ask you long does it takes normaly, please let me know.

Thanks.