Interview at Fairfax DO

wchachar

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,

Yesterday was the day. I got to the Fairfax office at around 12 my interview was scheduled for 1pm. I was called in at 1:04 to be exact. Interview process was quick just the review of application. I took all my documents and everything two big bags but didn’t need anything as I had already sent everything with my application. She asked, Who is the commander in chief, what party president belongs to, what two major political parties in USA, name three states of original 13, who wrote the declaration of independence and one more that I cant remember. She asked me if I was willing to take oath today. I said yes. The oath was at 4:15. Line for oath started at 3:15 oath was administered by unit chief. Process was very smooth and fast. Thanks to everyone on the forum for everything.

One more thing that I would like to add is that I wanted to change my name to the one I have on my birth cert AO said it will take up to 2 months to complete the process. I told her that I have heard there is a policy that Naturalization cert must be issue with the name of birth cert she said no. I waited for oath ceremony to end and meet the unit chief who administered the oath. I informed her of the situation and she said that I was right and the AO made the mistake. She took my cert and gave me a slip to pick up my cert today anytime in afternoon.

Once again thank you everyone.

One more thing that I would like to add is that I wanted to change my name to the one I have on my birth cert AO said it will take up to 2 months to complete the process. I told her that I have heard there is a policy that Naturalization cert must be issue with the name of birth cert she said no

Congratulations..the AO must have misunderstood that you wanted a name change, instead of having the name of certificate match legal birth certificate.