Interpretation of Fujie Ohata's Memo

By interesting, I guess you mean depressing.

I hope Murthy is just bullsh*tting.... she probably can't type "I don't know" to any question and feeds people with some vague crap that may or may not be true.

vee111 said:
By interesting, I guess you mean depressing.

I hope Murthy is just bullsh*tting.... she probably can't type "I don't know" to any question and feeds people with some vague crap that may or may not be true.

Yeah -- the info from the USCIS officer might have been genuine but I question whether that officer (or anyone in the USCIS for that matter) currently knows how things are going to work. His reply would seem to indicate that applications received after 04/30 would be handled first and we've already seen info that contradicts this from the USCIS (i.e. that the guidelines will apply to all pending cases and the 485 ND will be used as the priority date). And, even if this latest information is accurate, the question is when this is going to start and at what centers.

According to a recent thread on this forum describing people's actual conversations with the people actually doing the adjucation, none of them had even heard of the new guidelines yet...

Until we start see actual concurrent approvals coming out, along with (hopefully) posted processing dates which make sense, about all that we can tell at this point is that the rate of I-140 approvals has dropped a lot from what it was 2-3 weeks ago...

BTW, I heard one person (non lawyer but pretty sharp) suggest that the new guidelines were basically simply intended to kill off AC21 :).

Sigh...

ETA

EAD & AP Approval from CSC

Hi Guys,

EB2 CSC Concurrently.

My PD is 03/24/2004
My Nd is 03/26/2004.

Fo done on 05/07/2004.

AP APPROVED on 05/10/2004 for me and my wife.Today i received 2 emails from USCIS.

EAD Also approved for my wife on 05/10/2004 for my wife.For me it is not updated.She received 2 emails from USCIS.

Regards
Kabish
:) :)

ETA-GC said:
The full chat session should be up within a few days at www.murthy.com, but this question / reply was interesting...

Not sure how seriously to take this though...

ETA

Nice one again ETA-GC. Well I do agree on vee111 on 'I don't know' piece, but there is a point. I see a lots of people still waiting for 140 approval and published dates moving forward! Do they(VSC) want to hit Nov or Dec 2003 on published dates in (say) 15-20 days before they start showing the results of concurrent adjudication(<6 months, no issue of AC-21 etc) for rest of the applications? Wild thought due to the way VSC is working.

This is quite amusing. There were a zillion interpretations of the Ohata memo but nobody predicted what seems to be happening... the trend of I-140 approvals seems to be continuing just the same as before. It's as if the memo was just a momentary distraction.

Maybe the adoption of this memo will be gradual (i.e. at USCIS speed) .. although it was supposed to be effective immediately.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=782244#post782244

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=770311#post770311

vee111 said:
This is quite amusing. There were a zillion interpretations of the Ohata memo but nobody predicted what seems to be happening... the trend of I-140 approvals seems to be continuing just the same as before. It's as if the memo was just a momentary distraction.

Maybe the adoption of this memo will be gradual (i.e. at USCIS speed) .. although it was supposed to be effective immediately.

Anyone saw signs of the Fujie's memo working??

It has been more than two weeks since the new policy is supposed to be implemented at VSC. But I haven't seen any postings on this forum reflecting this new memo. did anyone here anything on this??

aks999 said:
It has been more than two weeks since the new policy is supposed to be implemented at VSC. But I haven't seen any postings on this forum reflecting this new memo. did anyone here anything on this??

Nobody knows...

Apart from a slowdown in the rate of I-140 approvals there have been no solid indications that I'm aware of that the memo is being implemented so far.

ETA

seems like still approving the old way.

It seems like VSC is still approving 140 alone instead of approving both 140 and 485 together. I think they will implement the new rule only for cases applied after april 30th. folks, any ideas??

See they have reached a date - Oct 01, 2003, which is the date when EAC04 series start. Also this times, three categories are in sync, which have most of the concurrent filings. This maybe the date that they intend to start on with memo - which is not fair, if it is so. But this is one speculation from my side. Also the dates AP dates are ahead of AP, which looks strange.(I have not seen such a sequence till now.) Are they planning to send out FPs? This fortnight will answer all questions hopefully.

Jharkhandi: That is exactly my concern, that they bring it all upto Oct 1 and stop there, then wait for FP etc to catch up before resuming approvals. This would mean a fairly long delay.
I will be relieved if I see some October approvals in the next week or so.

hey my date is OCT 1 st and the series is still EAC 03..but my recipt date is sept 30th..so maybe it changes from OCT2nd...just FYI...

vee111 said:
Jharkhandi: That is exactly my concern, that they bring it all upto Oct 1 and stop there, then wait for FP etc to catch up before resuming approvals. This would mean a fairly long delay.
I will be relieved if I see some October approvals in the next week or so.

Per my post on the udpates forum, I'm skeptical that they have actually reached Oct. 01 for most applications. From the tracker there are many EB3 applications remaining from Jul/Aug/Sep and most Sep EB2 applications haven't been processed yet afaict.

The Oct 1 theory is interesting and I suppose this could be the plan. One flaw in this theory though -- shouldn't this mean that we would have seen a rash of FP requests for > Oct 1 people?

I'd just as soon get my I-140 soon (ND 10/23/03) and I could care less if the I-485 takes years...

ETA

EAC040305**** 11/13/03 APPROVED 05/14/04
EAC040145**** 10/21/03 APPROVED 05/15/04
EAC041255**** 03/23/04 APPROVED 05/15/04
EAC040175**** 10/24/03 APPROVED 05/17/04
EAC040355**** 11/20/03 APPROVED 05/17/04

Above is a part of data posted by immigrationwatch. The above cases have been approved in last week which are of EAC04 series. I think though the October 1st theory is interesting, we should wait couple of weeks to make any conclusions.

Thanks,

rakeshsingh said:
EAC040305**** 11/13/03 APPROVED 05/14/04
EAC040145**** 10/21/03 APPROVED 05/15/04
EAC041255**** 03/23/04 APPROVED 05/15/04
EAC040175**** 10/24/03 APPROVED 05/17/04
EAC040355**** 11/20/03 APPROVED 05/17/04

Above is a part of data posted by immigrationwatch. The above cases have been approved in last week which are of EAC04 series. I think though the October 1st theory is interesting, we should wait couple of weeks to make any conclusions.

Thanks,

I still maintain that their "system" is to toss all the applications down a large stairwell then process them in the order in which they land...

Mike

ETA-GC said:
One flaw in this theory though -- shouldn't this mean that we would have seen a rash of FP requests for > Oct 1 people?
The flaw in your flaw is that you're assuming they are actually capable of doing things in parallel.

ETA-GC said:
I still maintain that their "system" is to toss all the applications down a large stairwell then process them in the order in which they land...

There's a gutter that runs along the side of the stairwell.... for those apps that will never be processed.

Remember "Finding Nemo"

vee111 said:
The flaw in your flaw is that you're assuming they are actually capable of doing things in parallel.

There's a gutter that runs along the side of the stairwell.... for those apps that will never be processed.

All Drain(s) lead to ocean.

vee111 said:

Heh - this reminds me of our company lawyer. He took 2+ years to start working on my green card because "he had to handle 2 more urgent cases first"... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ETA

Eac?

I've been seeing EAC04XXX in the posts, where can I see this? I have copies of docs lawyer submitted but can't find it? :confused: