Interesting Conversation with VSC Officer !!!

rohit_bha

Registered Users (C)
Hi Folks,
I called up VSC for opening up 3rd inquiry for my pending I-485 RD VSC - 09/03. First I spoke to a Customer Care Rep and she took all my information and said that your case seems to be a pretty old case and she does'nt know why it has not been resolved. She officially opened an inquiry and asked me for any concerns. I told her that this is quite a long wait and I want to know what's holding the case. She transfered me to an Immigration Officer (I don't know why; just on her own).

The Immigration Officer lady was pretty polite and I explained to her that my case has been pending for a while now and told her that I think it's stuck with Namecheck ( as per my 2nd inquiry reply -- security clearance/manpower stuff.... ). She said that does'nt look like the case and then she said that 'it's pending'... She did not know why it is pending though and said that you should expect a response within next 30 days ; and if you don't ;call back..

Now to the interesting stuff..I told her that my concern is that from July 1st my case shall not be looked into as I am in EB3 category.She said "THAT'S NOT TRUE".... She said you already have filed ur 485 and have a visa number issued (I don't know what she meant though). I again asked that as per the Memo, EB3 pending cases shall not be entertained. She said that it's TRUE ONLY for new 485 applicants and my application would continue to be processed. I didn't want to irke her , so kept quite.

Now folks, what do you say. That lady sounded pretty convincing though. I am confused b'coz what I understand that from July 1st to at least till Oct 1st, we should not hope for any approval for pending 485 Cases.

Well...hoping that what-ever the lady said, turns out to be true

PD - 05/01 - EB3- India

As a side note : My 3rd EAD was approved today within 3 weeks of self-filing.

rohit_bha said:
Hi Folks,
I called up VSC for opening up 3rd inquiry for my pending I-485 RD VSC - 09/03. First I spoke to a Customer Care Rep and she took all my information and said that your case seems to be a pretty old case and she does'nt know why it has not been resolved. She officially opened an inquiry and asked me for any concerns. I told her that this is quite a long wait and I want to know what's holding the case. She transfered me to an Immigration Officer (I don't know why; just on her own).

The Immigration Officer lady was pretty polite and I explained to her that my case has been pending for a while now and told her that I think it's stuck with Namecheck ( as per my 2nd inquiry reply -- security clearance/manpower stuff.... ). She said that does'nt look like the case and then she said that 'it's pending'... She did not know why it is pending though and said that you should expect a response within next 30 days ; and if you don't ;call back..

Now to the interesting stuff..I told her that my concern is that from July 1st my case shall not be looked into as I am in EB3 category.She said "THAT'S NOT TRUE".... She said you already have filed ur 485 and have a visa number issued (I don't know what she meant though). I again asked that as per the Memo, EB3 pending cases shall not be entertained. She said that it's TRUE ONLY for new 485 applicants and my application would continue to be processed. I didn't want to irke her , so kept quite.

Now folks, what do you say. That lady sounded pretty convincing though. I am confused b'coz what

I understand that from July 1st to at least till Oct 1st, we should not hope for any approval for pending 485 Cases.
------that is true
---lady is wrong
PD - 05/01 - EB3- India

pras01 said:
Your PD is 5/01. I believe that visa numbers are available for '01 PD cases.
-------------- my mistake in earlier post the visa is available only till june 30, if they approve the I-485 before that.

Maybe Right

rohit_bha,

Maybe the immigration officer is right. That is exactly what I was told by my attorney last week. My attorney said my case will be processed continuously and not affected by the "No visa numbers". It sounds like my visa number has been assigned to me at the time of filing. My PD is Nov. 2001. Hope they are right.

rohit_bha said:
Hi Folks,

Now folks, what do you say. That lady sounded pretty convincing though. I am confused b'coz what I understand that from July 1st to at least till Oct 1st, we should not hope for any approval for pending 485 Cases.

PD - 05/01 - EB3- India

xyr888 said:
My attorney said my case will be processed continuously and not affected by the "No visa numbers". It sounds like my visa number has been assigned to me at the time of filing.

Your attorney and the IIO are both wrong.

Well that

Well, that proves the theory of Service Centers appointing their most incompetent/untrained officers to answer customers' requests. The amount of outright wrong and misleading advices coming from these officers is ubelievable...When calling TSC directly, I was answered by a person who could barely comprehend what I am saying and her only answers were "mmmm....ughhh...." etc etc :eek:

Last edited by a moderator: