Indians( Asians) in US office environment.

Tu su bole che...... How about you write

statewise/languagewise/castewise/mohalla(street)wise/religionwise things desis do in office environment...

Begin..

1. Andhrapradesh
2. Bihar

1000. Zindabaad !?

Indian_sux said:
Sorry folks.Can't resist any more.I know how people react to my post.I keep hearing about state has no behaviour pattern .But correct me if I am wrong.But isn't it true that Marwaris/Gujjus have better business acumen in India? Is it not true that Biharis do most of the Farm labor job in Punjab and low job in Metros? Isn't it true that Punjabis are good in Transport Business,Army and Dhaba ? Gorkhas good in security ?What the f**k you all talk about that there is no pattern based on state.Extend the same logic,Tamil and Benaglis are good in creating/manuevering office politics.Nobody from other state can beat them (if game is there)Period.Start observing if not done earlier.Bihari may be highest number in IAS/IPS but that is also a pattern based on state.Read India Today.
Your turn hypocrats/Gentleman/Diplomats.
Indian_sux

Last edited by a moderator:
I lived in the US for more than 12 years. From my experience I found that people usually fall victim to stereotyping or racism from people of their own race. I dealt with many americans from the Northwest, and I only ran into less than what you can count on one hand who would be thinking about the things you guys are talking about! People here are generaly more accepting of other cultures, while some of us are quick to label the guy from the next city or village as being different or less civilized. I think we all will be better off being proud of our cultures.

I'm not Indian by the way, but I go with my white American coworkers to an Indian restaurant atleast twice a week for lunch. We come back and we brag about our garlicy breath and how it is all worth it because the food is so tasty :D

Don't be too uptight people. Let go a little :)

Why not start with AP?

Let us start with AP/TN as they are 95% here (atleast in IT) .Once we are able to diognose these 95% sample size successfully ,we will go to bihar,bengal 1000 etc which is just 5%.There is no use is commenting about Arunachal Pradesh and Mizoram because cost will not justify the population size in USA.
In statistical sampling technique( QA ) also normally we comment about 95% population size with optimal cost.Beyond 95% population analysis ,cost becomes very high.So as per cost benifit analysis we can be safe to start with AP.So why not AKBARI you start with AP and if we get time can move to TAMIL ?
Thanks
Indian_really_sux

Akbari said:
statewise/languagewise/castewise/mohalla(street)wise/religionwise things desis do in office environment...

Begin..

1. Andhrapradesh
2. Bihar

1000. Zindabaad !?

Good Article... So, let us ask our AP bahen not to wear Chameli Perfume !!!

I participate in this forum just to make it lively. Not to raise anybody's BP or making ***** jalna (this ***** jalna is not originated from me. You know).

I know that I am not perfect. If I know that a thing that I do offends/pains/troubles others, I will try to avoid doing it. Simple .. Right? Not to be obstinate like Jharkhandis !!! ( Just kidding.... :D :D :D do not mean to boil blood of any Jharkhandi. PLEASE.)

===please do not object the word "us"=====
Let us make end to this. Let us be proud Indian but definitely not obnoxious.

Jai Hind !

Indian_sux said:

agreed with u!

"I know that I am not perfect. If I know that a thing that I do offends/pains/troubles others, I will try to avoid doing it".If we (allow me) all do what you just said,this thread would not have existed.
I am also not perfect and look forward to suggestions for improving myself.
Thanks
Indian_sux

Akbari said:
I participate in this forum just to make it lively. Not to raise anybody's BP or making ***** jalna (this ***** jalna is not originated from me. You know).

I know that I am not perfect. If I know that a thing that I do offends/pains/troubles others, I will try to avoid doing it. Simple .. Right? Not to be obstinate like Jharkhandis !!! ( Just kidding.... :D :D :D do not mean to boil blood of any Jharkhandi. PLEASE.)

===please do not object the word "us"=====
Let us make end to this. Let us be proud Indian but definitely not obnoxious.

Jai Hind !

Something New To Talk - Cultural Shock?!

After first year (in US) when I asked for my one month vacation and told my manager that I am going to visit my parents. My manager (American) asked me that I am planning to get married and come back with wife. I asked him excuse me but I am truelly going for vacation.
His understanding was that every "Singel" IT engineer when goes on month vacation for first time to India. Goes home country. Get marries and come back.

On my 3rd visit, I got married (finally, it was a love marriage). I was in india for about 2 months (becuase of all drama of brahmin - non - brahmin thing)
By now I had different Manger but he also assumed that I went back and got married like others. But when I explained to him about strugle which I had to go through. He found difficult to understand if we two knew each other and are educated , well earning, know each other from last 8 years.... then WHAT WAS THE PROBLEM? What Inter Cast system has to do with us... He gave up.
He did ask me one question though which I thought was funny but still real.
He asked me if we had decided on who will do cooking, laundry, grocessary shopping etc. like he used cook 2 times a week, once a week laundry and watering lawn, dish washer fill and his wife remaining days cooking and cleaning. In fact if my manager calls his friends over then he will cook. If his wife's friends are coming over then she will cook. Simple and Straight.
In my case, I indirectly volunteered to do weekly shopping, cleaning house and Non Veg cooking (because some dishes which I like) and weekly laundry. My wife is also working so we end up in eating outside once on week days and once on week end. But still question of distributing work/task as part of marriage is different.

Sudh said:
After first year (in US) when I asked for my one month vacation and told my manager that I am going to visit my parents. My manager (American) asked me that I am planning to get married and come back with wife. I asked him excuse me but I am truelly going for vacation.
His understanding was that every "Singel" IT engineer when goes on month vacation for first time to India. Goes home country. Get marries and come back.

On my 3rd visit, I got married (finally, it was a love marriage). I was in india for about 2 months (becuase of all drama of brahmin - non - brahmin thing)
By now I had different Manger but he also assumed that I went back and got married like others. But when I explained to him about strugle which I had to go through. He found difficult to understand if we two knew each other and are educated , well earning, know each other from last 8 years.... then WHAT WAS THE PROBLEM? What Inter Cast system has to do with us... He gave up.
He asked me if we had decided on who will do cooking, laundry, grocessary shopping etc. like he used cook 2 times a week, once a week laundry and watering lawn, dish washer fill and his wife remaining days cooking and cleaning. In fact if my manager calls his friends over then he will cook. If his wife's friends are coming over then she will cook. Simple and Straight.
In my case, I indirectly volunteered to do weekly shopping, cleaning house and Non Veg cooking (because some dishes which I like) and weekly laundry. My wife is also working so we end up in eating outside once on week days and once on week end. But still question of distributing work/task as part of marriage is different.

I find this difficult to believe. Either you were not able to communicate this in simple terms or your manager is dumb. What is difficult to understand that parents do not want there child to marry someone from a different caste/background, even if they cannot enforce their wishes. You could've easily explained this to him by giving an example of this country. For instance, parents of a white daughter who don't want her to marry a black or hispanic man, or a much older man, or something like that. By the way, I have seen one such example where this white guy chickened out after his parents resisted him to marry an Indian girl I knew. This may not caste related but how is race or age any different.

oNlY FeW LiKe .. LeMoN WiTh SoDa ! Married Life Becomes Little Easier

if you marry a person from your culture/caste etc.

Marriage is not only Tan ka Milan.. it is Man Ka Milan also. :D

gb04 said:
I find this difficult to believe. Either you were not able to communicate this in simple terms or your manager is dumb. What is difficult to understand that parents do not want there child to marry someone from a different caste/background, even if they cannot enforce their wishes. You could've easily explained this to him by giving an example of this country. For instance, parents of a white daughter who don't want her to marry a black or hispanic man, or a much older man, or something like that. By the way, I have seen one such example where this white guy chickened out after his parents resisted him to marry an Indian girl I knew. This may not caste related but how is race or age any different.

Your manager was not dumb.

Sudh
You are going for romance,you never bothered about parents.You did what you wanted ( found soulmate) .Now after transaction almost completed then as a very obedient "Achha Bachha" kid you want permission for marriage from parents.Here is the problem.Give the complete turnkey project to parents or do-it yourself completely. :D :D .This is not Indian cast system problem.It's 90(u)-10(parent) job problem and getting stamp of 100% parent consent ;) ;) This was the missing link ur manager was trying to figure out and this is the objection of parents. :D :D .Think over it.Enjoy!

Sudh said:

Indian_sux said:
Let us start with AP/TN as they are 95% here (atleast in IT) .Once we are able to diognose these 95% sample size successfully ,we will go to bihar,bengal 1000 etc which is just 5%.There is no use is commenting about Arunachal Pradesh and Mizoram because cost will not justify the population size in USA.
In statistical sampling technique( QA ) also normally we comment about 95% population size with optimal cost.Beyond 95% population analysis ,cost becomes very high.So as per cost benifit analysis we can be safe to start with AP.So why not AKBARI you start with AP and if we get time can move to TAMIL ?
Thanks
Indian_really_sux

dude you really need to lighten up on the cost/benefit thing. seems like you just had some reading on some quality control thing. you throw a lot of jargons around...but in the end there is very little meaningful things that comes out of it is relevant here.

what is cost/benefit has anything to do with peoples characteristics??? 95% population analysis????? what you talk might work well for producing widgets and manufacturing. we are not talking about widgets here , we are talking about ppl and ppl react differently to same circumstances. unless we talk about robots...not all of us are programmed the same way.

A greedy person is still greedy even if they are in india or america....a guy who does politics will do the same in america ..some things never change.

there is a saying in my language....the main gist is this
"the habits that are formed in the cradle will carry to the grave".

it does not matter where you are from. people are the same everywhere.

jsut because i have a good bihari friend ..for example. when i go to bihar i should not assume that every person i will meet will be like this guy...that is just plain dumb.

just because you have couple of tamils or telugus who are political players you should not apply that to the whole poputlation of tamilnadu or AP.

the worst part of it all is this....
we are here in a different country and we want every non-indian to judge as induvidually and not based on any stereotype. but when it comes to our own people from our country we try to apply this stereotypes ourself.

i guess its ok if an american says some stereotypical things about us. because we ourselves do.

victim_of_INS said:
I myself said about my perverted mind.Will you change urself based on my preaching? I can't change anybody,all in US are "ek se barh ke ek hai". I can't not say everything in this thread. YES but I ENJOY, get pleasure in watching the drama. Thats the way it is. Right or wrong, YES I enjoy. I hear both of them and don't do anything .It takes time to come out of this dirty games. Based on one of the boy, he has given me proof that other's resume is fake. I told him,don't talk to anybody and will take action. Another guy given me proof (based on aprension) that former is fake.I am reporting to director and responsible for these appointments. I just ignored these proof and smiled. That is best I could do.Yes I do care about people's job (even it is Tamil) and try my best to save them. It does not matter whether I am better then these joker or worst then that. U can call me Idiot non-Tamil. That’s fine to me. No I don't mean every Bihari is nice for that matter we all know that .But Bihari's are not supposed to be good in corporate politics. They are good in Bureaucracy and real politics. Check the statistics. Tamil and Bengalis are oldest breed in Corporate India (due to historical reason) and hence knows the rules or corporate world better then atleast Biharis. In my group there are lot of Biharis and most of the time Lalu yadav topic prop up.The way these Biharis ,respond to each of our questions, joke etc , I have very high regard for them. As I did not mention earlier but when we call them(Tamil) saying Bihari actually we mean they don't play any politics in office. My mistake of not sharing the local context. For argument sake we can negate any statement. Some one previously said plase share ur exp not theory. The point I wanted to make that there is definitely some thing is broken some where.Some pattern is there. Sorry my pattern analysis is not based on two tamils. Now I am applying those pattern on these two tamil successfully. I never felt the need for this type of thread when I was in India. So why do I need now ? There is something definitely wrong. Do you folks feel that some one who said his Tamil/Telgu exp is piece of shit? or lying or baseless cooked up story ? He may not be able to handle it in proper way ,that may be the case.Yes because he may not be smart enough to play the game of his opponent as he does not feel that he is on war field. But just don't shrug off it saying as piece of shit because some thruth is there.U all know that.
michael_holding:your comments are on my expected line. Keep spitting venom, I take it easy.BTW I don't come this forum for fighting with you guys.I come here for relaxing not raising my BP but unfortunately it goes on heated argument.I don't agree with so many post,when I agree I do say so.But it is not mandatory for me that I reply to each post.I just replied to one post (telgu/Tamil exp) where I knew what he was talking.You may not have experienced that .thats OK.If you have experieced that what that guy has said about NJ/NY area ,please do share ur suggestion how to handle that.Suggest me where I commited mistake in understanding that.I may not be right in my observation about forming my opinion about a class.I am open to ideas/suggestions for better living but only if you have understood/know the real case not theory/philosphy. :) ;)

i am not spitting venom. first of all you write some provocative stuff that is what...plain butter. now when i write its venom to you.
i do not know how much you have experienced living OUTSIDE your own region or state in india. let me state clearly i am a south indian and i have seen different parts of india (studied and worked) as much as i can. so i have some perspective of what things look like outside of my state.
now you might have met south indians in america in a corporate environment for the first time. all i am saying is do not form opinions based on 2 ppl you see.
first off why are you seeing them as tamils??? why don't you see them as two faulty induviduals. now if we see 2 ppl from same caste or religion act in some way, we will quick to paint them on that caste/religion. i will tell you this i have enough exposure with biharis in my college years...there were bumihars and rajputs who do not see eye to eye...each one of them had a stereotype about the other. so much for bihar itself....
now what do you ahve to say about that.

"Bihari's are not supposed to be good in corporate politics. They are good in Bureaucracy and real politics. Check the statistics."

how did you come to this conclusion? see you are stereotyping your own state. i have a lot of friends who are biharis and they can eat your lunch. these are good folks, but they are smart and shrewd too. these guys are educated in IIms and xlris and are doing great in india.
where do i check the statistics for what you posted?? do india keep statistics like that.....
you are making some statements...based on some imaginary statistics.

"Tamil and Bengalis are oldest breed in Corporate India (due to historical reason)"

what is the historic reason? would you elaborate on that. the way i see it when india became independant every state was on the same boat. some states did improve. some states did not. i know a lot of biharis who migrated out of bihar and did well for themselves.

"There is something definitely wrong. Do you folks feel that some one who said his Tamil/Telgu exp is piece of shit? or lying or baseless cooked up story ? He may not be able to handle it in proper way ,that may be the case.Yes because he may not be smart enough to play the game of his opponent as he does not feel that he is on war field. But just don't shrug off it saying as piece of shit because some thruth is there.U all know that.
"

what exactly are you trying to say???
if you are talking about the behaviour of the two people, i will say it again. see them as two crappy induviduals ...not two tamilians.

your problem is YOU SEE THEM AS TWO TAMILS/TELUGUS instead of seeing them as TWO INDUVIDUALS.

"your comments are on my expected line. Keep spitting venom, I take it easy.BTW I don't come this forum for fighting with you guys.I come here for relaxing not raising my BP but unfortunately it goes on heated argument."

dude its not my problem, when you make a statement , maybe you need to word it carefully, instead of writing whatever that comes to your mind. i would re read it before i post the submit button. neither do i intend to fight with you. first of all i am putting arguements without making any personal attacks. if you read my post i never said what you said is made up. i understood your point about those 2 ppl who work for you, but i don't agree with your conclusions that "tamils play ODI when it comes to office politics"
but your post some how started as an insult to the whole tamilians or telugus.
if i wanted to say something about any other state, i would certainly not put it the way you put it. that much i can tell you.

michael_holding .. got hang of this thread.. like I do

michael_holding said:
dude you really need to lighten up on the cost/benefit thing. seems like you just had some reading on some quality control thing. you throw a lot of jargons around...but in the end there is very little meaningful things that comes out of it is relevant here.

what is cost/benefit has anything to do with peoples characteristics??? 95% population analysis????? what you talk might work well for producing widgets and manufacturing. we are not talking about widgets here , we are talking about ppl and ppl react differently to same circumstances. unless we talk about robots...not all of us are programmed the same way.

A greedy person is still greedy even if they are in india or america....a guy who does politics will do the same in america ..some things never change.

there is a saying in my language....the main gist is this
"the habits that are formed in the cradle will carry to the grave".

it does not matter where you are from. people are the same everywhere.

jsut because i have a good bihari friend ..for example. when i go to bihar i should not assume that every person i will meet will be like this guy...that is just plain dumb.

just because you have couple of tamils or telugus who are political players you should not apply that to the whole poputlation of tamilnadu or AP.

the worst part of it all is this....
we are here in a different country and we want every non-indian to judge as induvidually and not based on any stereotype. but when it comes to our own people from our country we try to apply this stereotypes ourself.

i guess its ok if an american says some stereotypical things about us. because we ourselves do.

michael_holding is 100% correct. This post is started in good spirit, to overcome the issues or behavior that hurting others but we may not know or notice ourselves. But this going in towards the stupid discussion. As some body is goiong towards the behaviour a person based on the state or whatever. That it self is a faulty behavior and needed to be changed.
The main intention of the post has drmatically changed. Funny.

So can I judge all the people from that state, based on this guy(s) behavior or thinking? How realistic is that?????? Sit down for your self, take a deep breath, and think about what you have written and what is the post for, and what you needed you change in you...........

I am nobody to ask you to change. And no body asks you to behave like an american or whatever, and loose your integrity. Act accordingly, don't hurt anybody's feelings and don't get hurted by anybody and your self too.

Hi michael_holding
I never mentioned that " I am from Bihar" but you said with assertion that I am from Bihar and accordingly put forwarded ur logic (“see you are stereotyping your own state “).Since assumption is wrong I am not going to comment on rest.
Again U guessed that I have never moved out of my state or region based on your intelligence. Your statement make too much use of your intelligence rather then facts. Just above two examples should suffice. I have stayed in most part of the India too .Even in Tamilnadu and far east in Sikkim.
I said biharis are good in Bureaucracy and politics (probably based on which u concluded that I am from Bihar).If you are keen to check stat, please read India Today archive and TimesofIndia.com. But here is the gist ,In all district of India ( near to 565 ,not sure but can take 10% + -) Either both IPS/IAS or at least one is from Bihar. Caste wise breakup is also available if you are interested. But is not like Bhumihar or Rajput but on OBC,SC,ST etc.
As I said earlier my comments are not based on 2 Tamils/Telgus rather I applied on 2.
Again you suggested not to see these as Tamils or Telgus.I don't see that way, the very first question people ask me "which part of the India you are ?".I am sorry I never ask and my name does not give any idea of which part of India I belong to ?Can you tell me the meaning of this question ? tell them Mumbai and see what is the next question ? Again this is not my problem, people do ask me this question.
Again “your problem is YOU SEE THEM AS TWO TAMILS/TELUGUS instead of seeing them as TWO INDUVIDUALS” . Sorry I graduated there based on experience not started with this. That is one true statement you made but as said earlier graduated there.
Bengalis and Tamil oldest in Corporate world Historically. You want to know what history .British started with Calcutta as Capital so the corporate culture started there and hence Babus. Then Madras was favorites destination for British India too hence corporate culture blossomed there and hence corporate Babus. Sorry it was not said in bad taste. It’s truth.
One last what you said in context of Bhumihar and Rajput I have no idea and no first hand exp and hence can’t comment.
First States of India has been formed (after Independence) based on Language (Again check AP is the first state formed based on language which Nehru had opposed).Demand for most of the separate State in India is based on these special group of people which they feel is special due to their root/religion/ appearance ( e.g Gorkha Land).Non of them were based on equality/secularism or irrespective of cast/language/religion.
Please read constitution of India. At one point it says (I don’t remember the amendment) “ notwithstanding anything contained in previous paragraph nothing will prevent state from making positive discrimination based on caste for betterment of SC/ST/OBC” . (Sentence may not be exact but content will be similar).
Hence discrimination of caste (u may call it whatever name ) is legal. I have not written constitution. All over India election tickets are distributed based on cast and religion (north or south) . Preach them Michael_holding . There is some thing wrong in Basics of India’s laws which recognizes caste and language ( read 8th schedule and creation of AP and now Telangana) and religion .Why telangana people can’t stay in AP based on equality and all good theory of peaceful coexistence? Not all languages are recognized by constitution as far as 8th schedule is concerned. Go preach them not me. Again making a politically correct statement is other thing and making factually correct statement is another. I don’t make politically correct statement .

michael_holding said:
i am not spitting venom. first of all you write some provocative stuff that is what...plain butter. now when i write its venom to you.
i do not know how much you have experienced living OUTSIDE your own region or state in india. let me state clearly i am a south indian and i have seen different parts of india (studied and worked) as much as i can. so i have some perspective of what things look like outside of my state.
now you might have met south indians in america in a corporate environment for the first time. all i am saying is do not form opinions based on 2 ppl you see.
first off why are you seeing them as tamils??? why don't you see them as two faulty induviduals. now if we see 2 ppl from same caste or religion act in some way, we will quick to paint them on that caste/religion. i will tell you this i have enough exposure with biharis in my college years...there were bumihars and rajputs who do not see eye to eye...each one of them had a stereotype about the other. so much for bihar itself....
now what do you ahve to say about that.

"Bihari's are not supposed to be good in corporate politics. They are good in Bureaucracy and real politics. Check the statistics."

how did you come to this conclusion? see you are stereotyping your own state. i have a lot of friends who are biharis and they can eat your lunch. these are good folks, but they are smart and shrewd too. these guys are educated in IIms and xlris and are doing great in india.
where do i check the statistics for what you posted?? do india keep statistics like that.....
you are making some statements...based on some imaginary statistics.

"Tamil and Bengalis are oldest breed in Corporate India (due to historical reason)"

what is the historic reason? would you elaborate on that. the way i see it when india became independant every state was on the same boat. some states did improve. some states did not. i know a lot of biharis who migrated out of bihar and did well for themselves.

"There is something definitely wrong. Do you folks feel that some one who said his Tamil/Telgu exp is piece of shit? or lying or baseless cooked up story ? He may not be able to handle it in proper way ,that may be the case.Yes because he may not be smart enough to play the game of his opponent as he does not feel that he is on war field. But just don't shrug off it saying as piece of shit because some thruth is there.U all know that.
"

what exactly are you trying to say???
if you are talking about the behaviour of the two people, i will say it again. see them as two crappy induviduals ...not two tamilians.

your problem is YOU SEE THEM AS TWO TAMILS/TELUGUS instead of seeing them as TWO INDUVIDUALS.

"your comments are on my expected line. Keep spitting venom, I take it easy.BTW I don't come this forum for fighting with you guys.I come here for relaxing not raising my BP but unfortunately it goes on heated argument."

dude its not my problem, when you make a statement , maybe you need to word it carefully, instead of writing whatever that comes to your mind. i would re read it before i post the submit button. neither do i intend to fight with you. first of all i am putting arguements without making any personal attacks. if you read my post i never said what you said is made up. i understood your point about those 2 ppl who work for you, but i don't agree with your conclusions that "tamils play ODI when it comes to office politics"
but your post some how started as an insult to the whole tamilians or telugus.
if i wanted to say something about any other state, i would certainly not put it the way you put it. that much i can tell you.

Can we all forget the recent posts and lets concentrate on the discussion that this thread was intended to?

This thread was going fine until posts started to target statewise behaviour. Like me, there are so many people who are interested to read this thread ....

Please no offense...

victim of ins

if people form stereotypes..that is their problem. everyone has a right to have stereotypes. now if you wanna improve your understanding of other people you wanna start looking at induviduals, not by region./caste/race.

what can you do..if an american has a stereotype about you??? it does not change anything that you do in life. what others think of you is not your problem.

I will leave it at that. i am not preaching to anyone.

I never justify "stereotypes"

michael_holding
I never justify "stereotypes" . I believe in "individuals".
"what will I do..if an american has a stereotype about me??? " Nothing.As a matter of fact American did believe in Stereotype (officially and legaly) till 1968 and on record felt Black are not=to white .Yes they try to preach the world equality and mock on our caste or tribal system.I am sure u are aware of civil right movement started by Rosa park when an American (White)asked a black girl to leave the Bus seat for him.Even after the big movement of Civil right the civil right act 1968 was not passed in unison.Check the voting pattern (it's on record).In India Dalit/Muslim/Sikh/South Indian/North Indian have become President and Sikh/North Indian/South India have also become Prime Minister.Till now no black has become president of USA.Americans do believe in Steriotype.Yes they are smart and good dimplomat and keep their mouth shut due to law but mindset ? Michael ,saying these philosphy ( for argument sake) is very easy but it takes time and effort to achieve "Moksh" or " Nirvana" like Budha/Gandhi or Binoba Bhave where you really feel the equality and love for all.try to practice it not preach me.For preaching there are plenty of people are out there.

michael_holding said:
victim of ins

if people form stereotypes..that is their problem. everyone has a right to have stereotypes. now if you wanna improve your understanding of other people you wanna start looking at induviduals, not by region./caste/race.

what can you do..if an american has a stereotype about you??? it does not change anything that you do in life. what others think of you is not your problem.

I will leave it at that. i am not preaching to anyone.

boss...i do not know who is preaching...you tell me "don't preach" and ultimately you are the one telling me "please read indian constituion" then you told me a nice little history lesson of india...as if i was living in some cave and had no clue of how states are formed in india.
now you are teaching me about civil rights movements and american history...etc..etc. you talk about moksha and nirvana.

"try to practice it not preach me.For preaching there are plenty of people are out there"

the same statement applies to you....